Total online 1573
 Radio listeners 153+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Ant Johnson promoting HARDCORE TEEN ACT !
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
Oli G
Advanced Member

United States
1,817 posts
Oli G is verified hardcore artist Oli G has donated money to the site Oli G has attended 41 events
Posted - 2009/10/05 :  21:52:31  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Oli G's homepage  Reply with quote
Glad to see you are still working on this Ant!

Looks like you didnt scare the kids dad off too much taking him to that rave we played at last year! Heh!

http://www.myspace.com/camelrecords

Alert moderator Go to top of page
JustIncredible
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
599 posts
JustIncredible has attended 2 events
Posted - 2009/10/05 :  21:57:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JustIncredible's homepage  Reply with quote
I think the kid needs a new image if he's ever going to suceed, atleast here in the UK anyway. Most teens in the UK listen to hardcore, in Wales anyway.

Can't comment on America or how his image is there, but, I don't see him doing very well over here.

Entity
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,329 posts
Entity is verified hardcore artist Entity has donated money to the site Entity has attended 3 events
Posted - 2009/10/05 :  22:43:33  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Entity's homepage  Reply with quote
This is actually a really good idea! Props.

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2009/10/06 :  23:03:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage  Reply with quote
Okay, that just sounds so wrong because I love that song, heard it a hundred times and your voice is a blessing to hardcore, AJ... This just sounds wrong, you should have made him sing something new instead.

I support the project, though.

And oh, now I finally heard the correct lyrics for the song... "I think that someday is now" and not "I think that serious now" as I thought.

My SOUNDCLOUD

Jackol

United States
443 posts
Posted - 2009/10/07 :  06:52:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jackol's homepage  Reply with quote
THAT KID IS EASILY ONE OF THE BIGGEST DOUCHE BAGS I HAVE EVER SEEN. I WASN'T EVEN THAT MUCH OF DOUCHE WHEN I WAS 14, AND I WAS PRETTY DOUCHEY.

Edited by - Jackol on 2009/10/07 06:53:26
DarrenJ
Advanced Member

Australia
2,626 posts
DarrenJ has attended 12 events
Posted - 2009/10/07 :  07:31:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DarrenJ's homepage  Reply with quote
Nice song :) not to keen on the vid

Project-Industrial
Advanced Member

Netherlands
2,481 posts

33 hardcore releases
Project-Industrial has attended 24 events
Posted - 2009/10/07 :  09:50:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Project-Industrial's homepage  Reply with quote
well if ya wanna give hardcore a fresh start this is certainly the worst way to do it.. aiming for clubland crap? woopdifakingdoo m8! thats the whole thing thats helping least the uk scene down the faking drain. its more hard-dance imho.. i dont see why people still believe that clubland like music should be called hardcore.

btw @Rayovac:
bible thumpers think so? thats kinda new to me really :) if i look around in my area nd see those kinda people and their opinions towards hardcore. its not bad at all! hell... half the kids of religious families are going to hardcore gigs ere!

@ontopic:
about bringing the scene back to life.. well its doing it itself already here in the netherlands. I see a shitload of new fresh teenies coming to visit the parties. the only lil problem that might be taking them out again is, is that they dunno when to stop taking frigging pills.. sigh... but least its kinda growing again :)

http://www.project-industrial.com
http://www.discogs.com/label/Furious+Monkey+Records
http://www.furiousmonkeyrecords.com/

Edited by - Project-Industrial on 2009/10/07 09:52:19
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2009/10/07 :  10:15:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Fair points, but a breakbeat/freeform fusion is hardly going to get people to listen is it?

When are people going to get their heads out of their arses and accept that commercial sells?

It's all very well moaning about the more purist forms of Hardcore not getting enough exposure but if they were popular enough they'd be selling many thousands and be top of all the charts!

The more commercial sound isn't my favourite either but we have to accept it's out there. People aren't so stupid that they listen to and buy stuff they don't want to! If they WANT to look for an alternative they will.

Jester MC

Canada
284 posts
Jester MC has attended 9 events
Posted - 2009/10/07 :  17:02:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jester MC's homepage  Reply with quote
the commercial stuff sells because its made to be as like stuff that already exsists as possible. the commercial stuff sells because thats what gets exposure. do we have an example of freeform or breakbeat being pushed as hard as clubland stuff that people already know will sell? (doesnt mean just one album obviously so put it outta your mind)
also i dont mind that the commercial sound is out there.
i mind that the commercial sound is being aimed at CHILDREN who then will miss out on all the other interpretations of hardcore, and loose the ability to decide themselves what they like.

commercial music sells because its designed to sell. not because its good (although some is).
if it doest sell, someone looses a job. therin lies the problem with commercial music as a whole.

CiALiN
Advanced Member

Ireland
535 posts
Posted - 2009/10/07 :  17:51:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CiALiN's homepage  Reply with quote
ahh god..like i dunno imo i really hate the kid in hardcore tunes...and whats the crack with the white tracksuit???kinda gay tbh

goodluck with it though

http://www.myspace.com/sirsimpleton

http://www.youtube.com/cialino00o00o

D-tor
Advanced Member

United States
1,143 posts
Posted - 2009/10/15 :  03:05:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit D-tor's homepage  Reply with quote
Not a bad song. I'm actually heeding the other posts and not watching the video and just listening to the song.

I'll support the cause just to see a rise in American teens into Hardcore (omg!!) and possibly more artists.

Rayovac
Advanced Member

United States
2,049 posts
Rayovac has donated money to the site
Posted - 2009/10/15 :  03:32:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rayovac's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Project-Industrial:
btw @Rayovac:
bible thumpers think so? thats kinda new to me really :) if i look around in my area nd see those kinda people and their opinions towards hardcore. its not bad at all! hell... half the kids of religious families are going to hardcore gigs ere!

'Twas a joke - unfortunately there is some truth to it in all honesty. If hardcore ever breaks the ice in the US, it will, without a doubt, be almost entirely on the coasts. :(

This also means "People read."

Edited by - Rayovac on 2009/10/15 03:33:06
Jackol

United States
443 posts
Posted - 2009/10/15 :  04:42:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jackol's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rayovac:
quote:
Originally posted by Project-Industrial:
btw @Rayovac:

'Twas a joke - unfortunately there is some truth to it in all honesty. If hardcore ever breaks the ice in the US, it will, without a doubt, be almost entirely on the coasts. :(

It is on the west coast somewhat. There's a few hardcore sets at most events I go to.

Jimouk
Banned

United Kingdom
317 posts
Jimouk has attended 1 event
Posted - 2009/10/20 :  12:01:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jimouk's homepage  Reply with quote
He doesn't have the voice for a song like that.

MAtRiCks
Advanced Member

Canada
1,059 posts
MAtRiCks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2009/10/20 :  12:21:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MAtRiCks's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jester MC:
i mind that the commercial sound is being aimed at CHILDREN who then will miss out on all the other interpretations of hardcore, and loose the ability to decide themselves what they like.

The kids who are exposed to commercialized Hardcore probably wouldn't have been exposed to Hardcore in the first place if it weren't for the commercial side. You should be thankful for that, and understand that some of these kids will eventually make their own researches and discover the other facets of Hardcore. The other kids who won't just plain don't like Hardcore enough and probably only listen to it to follow the trend, so who cares if they only listen to the commercial stuff?

Regarding Ant Johnson's track, I'm not a fan of the kid's singing, but I think it's an honorable project.

Edited by - MAtRiCks on 2009/10/20 12:22:58

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.16 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page