Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Date 4 the blaze/bang/oblivion/stealth/nimrod CD
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Mc Joyrider

United Kingdom
35 posts
Posted - 2002/09/09 :  12:26:51  Show profile Send a private message
Anyone know the release date for the album or til the day single? I know there were Questions about filming the video, but ant progress.

PS: anyone would think Nick was schizophrenic with all those bang names! (or is he just a Smart-e pants?)

"check the mike and check the flavour
rollin lyrics like an old skool raver,
check the treble, check the base,
rockin n a rollin in the Hardcore place!

Alert moderator
DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/09/09 :  14:37:08  Show profile  Send a private message
once they've found a location to film a video for til the day then it'll come out on cd

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/09/10 :  00:09:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage
I think they have a location, just hope it all goes well still somesorting out to do I think :)

Sy.

Annex

Canada
285 posts

38 hardcore releases
Annex has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/09/10 :  10:27:27  Show profile  Send a private message
i'm hopin nick reads this and gives us a reply, i'm eager to hear more about it :)

definately a must have, even for the poor school going types like myself

-----------------------
potatoe :)
keep on smiling

Nick of Blaze!
Average Member

United Kingdom
196 posts
Nick of Blaze! is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/09/11 :  01:43:54  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Nick of Blaze!'s homepage
sorry guys, been a bit busy and havent visited for a few days.

Right....

Video... we have done a video but for a different version (SHOCK HORROR!) yes... I have remixes of TTD in house, trance, even R&B...

The video is for the dance/trance version.

Now... before y'all start leaping on me, I shall say again. I write songs, and to earn my keep and put the food in my belly I have to be a realist and make my songs attractive to a wider audience. That's why I have all different remixes of TTD. TTD is currently £3000 in debt, despite selling a load of units, so for me to rely on income from HH, I would be very skinny and very hungry.

The video we need for the HH version will be from a Live PA. We did have a venue a little while ago, but unfortunately, because of other commitments and time, the person that was organising the night can't do it. It's a pity, but it's cool.

We WILL get a venue soon. And if there are any party organisers, and you have a large venue with a large stage to take two keyboards, 2 dancers an MC, a vocalist and MOST IMPORTANTLY 2 cameras to wander around, then let me know. We'll do the gig dirt cheap, expenses only (£300), we'll play your choice of tracks from NG, Masterwax or HectTech for at least 20 minutes. (Any longer and the punters will get bored). Serious enquiries only please, and a deposit of £200 will be required.

As for the album and TTD CD single.

I have recently teamed up with a major music publisher who is extremely keen to use/exploit my entire catalogue. Therefore, we do have plans for a Blaze! versus Bang! album and of course a TTD single.

Now.... to get the people I need interested, I need to make this a tasty package, and no matter how big HH gets, it aint big enough. So I have a dilemma... Just do a HH single of TTD and run at a loss which I don't want to do ... OR make this CD single with various remixes and a more "pop" video for a broader market PLUS the HH version with a specific HH video AS WELL.

(Industry rules prevent me having over a certain time on the CD, otherwise it will be seen as a maxi single or EP and wont qualify for any charts)

That sounds good to me, BUT after seeing some of the slagging off people get when they so much as mention anything other than hardcore, I don't want to do it.

So, there's my dilemma, a dedicated HH only CD with Video and a few mixes, or a more commercial (hear me out....), CD with the mixes I need to get this thing off the ground and to get others interested, and the HH mixes and video as well.

My publisher is keen to do the more commercial CD, if I don't do that, then I'll have to completely fund it myself, which to be honest, would mean another £3000 at least.

Overall, I've written another five songs for the album, one of which is ready to go now, but that's top secret for a while, so that brings my album track tally up to 9 so far. I could tap into my back catalogue for some but will resist that, although no album would be complete without "Shooting Star" so that will definately be on there.

Hope that answers your q's, anything else just ask or PM me.

Cheers

Nick.

Foxy

United Kingdom
308 posts
Posted - 2002/09/11 :  02:45:11  Show profile  Send a private message
The fact that you've come on here asking us proves you're not "doing a Scooter" & running away form Hardcore, & I realise that money has to be made, IMO a perfect solution would be a commercial version with a hardcore remix as a "B side" , but record company bosses dont think like me, so you go with doing both & that way you can support the scene by investing in making new hardcore tunes, & keep the money men happy.

AT the end of the day (no pun) I'd prefer to see you do it & get the credit, than Flip n Fill (or A N Other Dance act) coz you deserve it!

Hardcore family never dies.

Foxy

United Kingdom
308 posts
Posted - 2002/09/11 :  02:46:49  Show profile  Send a private message
PS-will you be using a different name for the release?
If so you're gonna have had more than Prince/symbol!!!!

Hardcore family never dies.

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
Posted - 2002/09/11 :  03:30:55  Show profile  Send a private message
i'd have said that as well foxy,til the day comes out in the charts,the tune's that good whoever releases it gets the credit. that'll be nick. that tune is definitely gonna sell,so go for it nick m8 :)

"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

DJ-SK8

Canada
269 posts
Posted - 2002/09/11 :  13:44:24  Show profile  Send a private message
This isn't gonna be on MTV/MuchMusic/ the british one that i don't know the name of is it.

I realy hope it doesn't go comercial like that

My god how long have those mice been living your back fat?!?!?!

WoRd?!!

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/09/11 :  14:11:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DJ-SK8:
This isn't gonna be on MTV/MuchMusic/ the british one that i don't know the name of is it.

I realy hope it doesn't go comercial like that

so what if it is? this is TTD we're talkin about ... if a hhc song is gonna make it onto the commercial stage then it may as well be a quality one like this.

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
Posted - 2002/09/11 :  14:28:02  Show profile  Send a private message
exactly,and it ain't anyone covering it this time,i say he goes for it and watch how far it goes up the charts.

DJ Mouse

xxhappyxx

United Kingdom
363 posts
Posted - 2002/09/12 :  15:48:39  Show profile  Send a private message
yeah its a wikid song itll sound wikid whichever...of course always the best in hhc...;) but the ppl who dnt understand that r just missin out..! go 4 it! :)

'come fly my child 2 a special place, with angels in the sky, the time has come 2 fly!'

milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
milo is verified hardcore artist milo has attended 89 events
Posted - 2002/09/12 :  16:05:49  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage
think of it this way, we're much better off having our dedicated hardcore artists going and doing commercial then commercial coming and doing hardcore, besides, if a commercial version is released, they'll look more towards taht style than the hardcore possibly and keep those who are in it for the $ out

"Everybody... rock, rock on.. "

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2002/09/12 :  19:30:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
I don't think anyone has a problem w/ having non-hardcore mixes on a CD single?

It's all about appealing to as broad a target range as possible IMO, and nearly anything that gets hardcore "out there" is a good thing ATM.

As for the Bang! vs Blaze idea; YES PLZ.

Obviously the Ham mix of Shooting Star would have to be on there, and IMO the Brisk mix of Break of Dawn. Fill up the rest as u see fit m8 ;)

D.Jay

"Some people see things as they are... and say "Why?"
I dream things that never were, and say "Why Not?" "

ryg0r
Advanced Member

Australia
2,807 posts

34 hardcore releases
ryg0r is verified hardcore artist ryg0r has donated money to the site ryg0r has attended 10 events
Posted - 2002/09/12 :  20:38:28  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message
Um. Sorry for not being |33t, but what song now? Got any samples of it?

-=[ryg0r]=-

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.82 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page