Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Vinyl + Heat = Bad Combination
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
DjMoNkEyBoY

United States
115 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/09/10 :  15:02:19  Show profile Send a private message  Visit DjMoNkEyBoY's homepage
Just thought I share with all you my tragedy.
I love Vinyl. I always use vinyl. I just like the feel and the sound better. However, I've had to play cds at the last party I played because all my records got warped. Over $300 in happy hardcore records all ruined!
My friend was helping me break down my gear after a college party, and he didn't know that I didn't have an LP case. He thought the box of wires,power cords etc. was the records, and the bag of records was the wires power cords etc. I still don't understand how a person can make that mistake. But he said he carried it all out together so...
So he put my record "bag" behind the drivers seat in my car on the side of the speakers, so I didn't even see it. We went out to Denny's and then an after party. I got home around 12 noon, and was too tired to unload the car, so I went to sleep. I came out later that night, unloaded my gear and to my surprise, *OH MY GOD MY RECORDS*
I rushed in the studio and started playing them. None of them sounded right and most were skipping. Five still "playable" but all blemished, and most runined. It is really a great tragedy. I cried. I told my friend but I didn't yell at him because he said he didn't know.
But now, I'm screwed because I don't have $300 for new records. Not to mention some of them I can't ever get again due to white lables and limited press.
;o(

Dj MoNkEyBoY
Founder of Monkeyshine Inc.

Keep it Real!

Keep it Happy!

Keep it Hardcore!

Alert moderator
kg4
Advanced Member

United States
802 posts

36 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/09/10 :  15:06:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kg4's homepage
omg thats horrible, im sorry :(

Oh man, I hope I didn't brain my damage...

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/09/10 :  15:55:33  Show profile  Send a private message
try heat them up again then crush them on top of something. that'll flatten them out again. if it was 1 record i'd say put it in between 2 sheets of glass out in the sun but i doubt that'll work for $300 worth

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

Don Giovanni

Canada
290 posts

43 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/09/10 :  20:54:12  Show profile  Send a private message
It's worth trying what out what Mouse said with a few records.

We fixed a few of my dads old records from the 60s that way. The pitch goes a little funny here and there on some of them but it was still an imporvement over how bad they were then they were all warped out of shape.

shame that they can never fully be returned to their original quality, but hopefully u can salvage a little more this way.

Sorry to hear of your loss :(

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Together united as one indeed, WE ARE THE HARDCORE FAMILY!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xenochrome
Advanced Member

United States
2,645 posts
Xenochrome is a site donation subscriber Xenochrome has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/09/11 :  08:54:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Xenochrome's homepage
Horrible, just horrible...

You can always try this old trick...put the record on the turntable and run a hair dryer on it while it is spinning...it takes a while, but the heat will flatten the record out a bit.

milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
milo is verified hardcore artist milo has attended 89 events
Posted - 2002/09/11 :  12:03:42  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage
my sympathy goes out to u =( try the squishing thing, you can certainlymake atleast 1 or 2 recoveries, there are also vinyl recovery kicks, since it's on the vinly you may be able to correct warps and such

"Everybody... rock, rock on.. "

pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/09/14 :  17:41:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage
oh no!!!!! every djs worst nightmare! :( sorry to hear that mate. how rare were the records?

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer

Oli G
Advanced Member

United States
1,817 posts
Oli G is verified hardcore artist Oli G has donated money to the site Oli G has attended 41 events
Posted - 2002/09/14 :  18:29:15  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Oli G's homepage
that is bad, very bad thing and i feel quite sorreh for you id hate my vinyl to get fuxed

but DING another notch on the cd vs vinyl thing
although cds are effected by heat, not that easily there not

Garage Is where You Keep Your ****in Car
House Is where You Live
Hardcore Is HOW You Live

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_

http://www.myspace.com/camelrecords

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.01 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page