Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 nu style
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
1xtcraver

United Kingdom
50 posts
Posted - 2002/09/13 :  01:37:23  Show profile Send a private message
does ne1 else think that the newer stuff 99 onwards has taken hardcore to a new level. i think that over the last couple of years the style has got more stompin with a bass line to blow your mind. ne1 agree. or lovers of the old style tell me why

What's your name what have you taken. Reach for the lasers. Safe as f*ck

Alert moderator
virtigo

United Kingdom
273 posts
Posted - 2002/09/13 :  02:16:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virtigo's homepage
I agree. Hardcore has grown to something truly amazing now! The newer hardcore I believe to be better than most of the old stuff. Raver Baby, Evolution, Compulsive just to name a few new labels are a breath of fresh air and it is quality music being produced. I would go as far as to say that the quality of the music being produced now is better than ever! Long may that continue!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Andy 'DJ' Virtigo

Alert moderator Go to top of page
virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2002/09/13 :  07:24:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage
alot of tracks today sound a little "overproduced" to me

kBud

United States
33 posts
Posted - 2002/09/13 :  07:54:23  Show profile  Send a private message
I understand completely on the "overproduced" nu stuff. I'm a big old skool fan, but I can dig on some new stuff too. It's whatever I guess.

-->cheesehead numero uno<--
.:come and take a trip with me:.
.:to a land where love is free:.
-~-KELLi-~-

1xtcraver

United Kingdom
50 posts
Posted - 2002/09/14 :  04:33:50  Show profile  Send a private message
i started off listening to the older stuff. then i got a tape pack from 2k2 and realised what i was missing out on. i understand why ppl like the older stuff cuz at the end of the day it's still hardcore, the old style is sort off snare drum and singing the new stuff is more bass line and freaky sounds. i agree with virtigo that the likes of raver baby compulsive and evolution are pathing the way for the future of hardcore

What's your name what have you taken. Reach for the lasers. Safe as f*ck

Emanation

United Kingdom
116 posts

57 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/09/14 :  07:48:38  Show profile  Send a private message
I agree partly cus anything new has gotta b a good thing wen something is around 4 a long time. Hardcore's taken on a very trancey step which i do feel but i'm still a sucker 4 cheesy female vocals n piano's, just gives me the biggest rush!!!!!!

"Where's all the noise, all the girlz, all the boyz"

Don Giovanni

Canada
290 posts

43 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/09/14 :  22:26:40  Show profile  Send a private message
I wouldn’t say hardcore been brought to a new level, nor would I says that the music being produced now is better than ever.
It’s just going in a lot of directions right now, and that is good in a way.
I remember I used to be able to listen to any new happy hardcore track and I loved what I heard. Now I sometimes have to look a little more. What really hooked me on the happy hardcore was the amazing vocals and 'cheesy lyrics' as some would say (not that i don't love the good hard pounding beats.)

Some of the newer stuff, specifically some raverbaby releases I’ve heard it sounds like someone killed the bass beat...like it's flat or something...not only that but it's slower a lot of the time...and just a little too trancy for my liking.
When you listen to the older stuff there was more 'fun' in the music a little more freedom...and that made the music all the better. (not sure if fun was the right word but go listen to bonkers 1n2, compare it to today’s stuff and u should be able get what I mean)
I guess as things have gotten more and more competitive, people got more serious and that fun factor sort of died down with that, as stuff became more and more overproduced, as Virus said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Together united as one indeed, WE ARE THE HARDCORE FAMILY!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CrazyDrugAddict
Starting Member

United Kingdom
18 posts
Posted - 2002/09/15 :  05:27:52  Show profile  Send a private message
I believe the new style of hixxys hardcore is an evolution it keeps hardcore fresh and new if he was still producing the same happy hardcore of bonkers 1 + 2 then there would be little variety for such a large scene the old skool element would become tedious and ppl would look elsewhere E.G trance for new fresh and innovative sounds!

If trance makes me dance makes me does that make me a raver?

Champagne

Canada
25 posts

99 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/09/15 :  06:03:23  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by Don Giovanni:
It’s just going in a lot of directions right now, and that is good in a way.

The fact that hardcore is going into alot of directions right now is good in everyway.Change is good.Hardcore can now offer something to everyone now.

quote:
Originally posted by Don Giovanni:
I guess as things have gotten more and more competitive, people got more serious and that fun factor sort of died down with that, as stuff became more and more overproduced, as Virus said.

Yes things have gotten more competitive, but that is a good thing.Compatition challenges people.This makes the music more diverse.This is a good thing because it will open other peoples eyes to the music we all love. As for the music being overproduced. Someone who has taken the time to make sure there track sounds a certain way is not a bad thing.

Hardcore is what we make of it.

Hardcore is forever

Don Giovanni

Canada
290 posts

43 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/09/15 :  20:30:45  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by Champagne:
Yes things have gotten more competitive, but that is a good thing.Compatition challenges people.This makes the music more diverse.This is a good thing because it will open other peoples eyes to the music we all love.

Never said competition was strictly a bad thing, just that there has been a downside to it.
And I didn’t mean that the hardcore should sound exactly like that of Bonkers 1 n2...just that good fun feeling the music carried from that time is missing in many tracks I have heard today. Although there are a some tracks that still do come out with that feel. Basically what I was trying to say is yes, in many ways hardcore has improved...but maybe lost a few things too.
ie The hardcore of today is NOT far superior to that of old as 1xtcraver suggested, but it is still equally GREAT music, in a different way.

'Together united as one indeed, WE ARE THE HARDCORE FAMILY!

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.55 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page