Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 New Bang! Album - "The Big Bang! Theory" - Out Now
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Nick of Bang

United Kingdom
28 posts
Posted - 2010/10/07 :  16:42:06  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Nick of Bang's homepage
Hi Everyone,

Firstly, a huge thank you to all those who have purchased the album so far, I am very grateful, and it's a credit to the scene that you guys support artists in this way.

Secondly, my thanks to Virus for his splendid review. His opinion is very important to me, as it was on the previous album. Cheers fella.

Now.... the album!

2 years in the making, and contributions from so many people, it's finally released. Phew!

YouTube Showcase

http://www.youtube.com/user/JuicyLemonDOTcom

Double CD, 19 tracks in total spread across two discs. 14 Unmixed and 15 mixed by Al Storm. CD's are available by post only at the moment, but I am shipping worldwide.

If you prefer your albums digitally, then it's available from my website with different options, including the individual tracks, so if you only like one on there, you don't have to buy the whole thing. All digital downloads (including individual tracks) include the artwork on Hi-Res JPG's.

Previews, artwork, showcase mix and purchase page...

http://www.juicylemon.co.uk/tbbt_prev.htm id=size4>

Tracklisting:

CD01 (Unmixed)

1. Breakin' Thru (Al Storm)
2. When I Saw The Rain (Fraacus & Darwin)
3. Missing You (Darwin)
4. Flower Needs The Rain (Al Storm)
5. Fly Against The Wind (Darwin)
6. Love Life & Happiness
7. Give Me A Reason (Al Storm)
8. Lost In Space (Darwin)
9. Sail Away (Storm & Seduction)
10. Follow The Dream (Darwin)
11. Shooting Star (Darwin)
12. All My Dreams (Al Storm)
13. I Fall In Love Again (Al Storm)
14. Shooting Star (Candle Light)

CD02 (Mixed by Al Storm)

1. Breakin' Thru (Al Storm )
2. Fly Against The Wind (Darwin)
3. Sail Away (Storm & Seduction )
4. When I Saw The Rain (Darwin & Fracus)
5. Sunshine On A Cloudy Day (Chaos )
6. Shooting Star (Darwin)
7. Love Life & Happiness (Darwin)
8. 'Til The Day (Little Fella)
9. Fall In Love Again (Al Storm )
10. Shooting Star (Al Storms Bangin' )
11. All My Dreams (Al Storm )
12. Give Me A Reason (Al Storm )
13. Follow The Dream (Darwin)
14. Sail Away (Little Fella)
15. Flower Needs The Rain (Al Storm )

Digital Bundles (All MP3's are 320kbps/DRM free)

Complete Bundle - 19 Unmixed MP3s, Al Storm MegaMix + Artwork Bundle

19 Unmixed ZIPfile (52p per track) + Artwork (Hi-Res JPGs)

Al Storm MegaMix Stream (15 tracks/runtime 1h 06s) + Artwork (Hi-Res JPGs)

Build Your Own Album Individual tracks - only buy what you like + Artwork (Hi-Res JPGs)

I do hope you enjoy the album, it's been a labour of love. I know one track that will probably cause the most concern and that's the Candle Light mix of Shooting Star. I have always wanted to do one of these mixes, I hope you don't mind it too much, I put it at the end so it doesn't encroach on the rest of the album. I have to say the response so far has been very positive.

May I just say thank you to:

Everyone that has supported Bang! over the last 15 years.Al Storm,Niki Mak, Jo James, Indi, Darwin, Fracus, Seduction, Little Fella, Chaos, Chris Groucutt, Scott Rosser, Carrie, Nigel, Richard, Trisha and all at Peermusic, Tom, Paul and Lucy at All Media Music,Kutski, Jonathon, all at HappyHardcore.com, & USH.net, Virus, Glenn at GAP MuSic, Mat Bradshaw, 24/7 Records, Indi appears courtesy of Paul at Nice People Productions, all at Hardcore Underground.

Best regards,

Nick

Bang!

PS ... can I have my Artist Medal now

Bang! Album - The Big Bang! Theory"
Double CD, or digital bundles:

http://www.juicylemon.co.uk

Alert moderator

Edited by - Nick of Bang on 2010/11/02 08:55:03
whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2010/10/08 :  17:34:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage
Whoa, this came completely behind the tree. Didnt even know you were working on an album.

Definitely buying it as soon as i get some money.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2010/10/08 :  18:30:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage
If its been released and people are already buying it, you'd think you'd put a link in to direct people to the site in which they buy it from, right?

album looks ok, I dont think much of the artwork, but the music is pretty sound.

Unfortunately I wont be buying it.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/archefluxxuk

Nick of Bang

United Kingdom
28 posts
Posted - 2010/10/08 :  19:08:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Nick of Bang's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
If its been released and people are already buying it, you'd think you'd put a link in to direct people to the site in which they buy it from, right?

album looks ok, I dont think much of the artwork, but the music is pretty sound.

Unfortunately I wont be buying it.

I've made the link bigger, just for you fella!!

As for the artwork, I did it myself and with the money I saved I gave it to Darwin and put extra mixes on.

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2010/10/08 :  21:46:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Nick of Bang:
As for the artwork, I did it myself and with the money I saved I gave it to Darwin and put extra mixes on.

...and thats why we love you.

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2010/10/09 :  01:20:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage
reposting my review from the other thread:

I got a lucky enough for a sneak peak at the new Bang! double CD Album, The Big Bang Theory and its been banging (pun intended) my ipod for the past week! Theres five brand new vocal slammers, and loads of brand new hardcore remixes of undisputed classic anthems. The second CD features a full length DJ mix from Al Storm. Remix talent features the mighty Darwin from Hardcore Underground, Al Storm from 247 Hardcore, Little Fella from ReBuild Music, Chaos from Return Of The Clans, and Seduction tags along for good measure.

One of my favourites from this album has to be Missing You (Darwin Mix), which is the first Bang! tune with a male singer. A fantastic original vocal along with a melodic piano line comes off as a very classy outing here from Darwin and Bang!. When I Saw The Rain (Darwin Remix) is another fantastic new track that is sure to make the rounds this year. A strong power vocal and electro synths drive this tune straight to the dance floor. Guaranteed to please.

Darwins remix of Love Life & Happiness speaks for itself, seeing as Ive been playing it in almost every set for the past year, fantastic remix of one of my favourite Bang! Tunes, that Im crazy about. Just listen and youll understand.

Darwin also remixes up Fly Against The Wind, which breaks down into an almost church organ vocal breakdown before hyping up the energy to the max! This track is sure to get every head in the room bouncing. Great vocals in this as Darwin works his magic to create another slammer. Another track you may have recently heard is Follow The Dream (Darwin Remix) which just came out on Juicy Lemon Music It is a signature Bang! Vocal track, which is just a fun tune! Bouncy and happy, just the way we like it!

Al Storm comes with a remix for the hard crew. The brand new Fall In Love Again gets the hard treatment from Mr. Storm. A lush dreamy vocal surrounded by hard triplets and distorted kick drums keeps the energy up in this one. Storm also remixes All My Dreams, a beautiful vocal breakbeat hardcore tune, that switches back and forth between rough drum and bass and graceful pianos and vocals with ease. This proves Al Storm is a jack of all trades. A couple of tasty little bits of variety to round out this album.

Little Fella is a newer producer on the hardcore scene proving himself with some great tunes on ReBuild Music and Relentless Digital, and getting support from some top-tier DJs. His remix of the anthem Til The Day is a great update on a classic track that keeps the energy pumping the whole way through.

Other remixes on here include Give Me A Reason, Lost In Space, Shooting Star, Sunshine On A Cloudy Day and Sail Away, which all are great additions to this second album from Bang! The second CD is great mix expertly done by Al Storm as you would expect. Every contributor compliments the fantastic song writing and great vocalists weve come to expect from a Bang! Track. I cant wait to hear some of these out at the next party (even its me playing them out to you!)

http://www.juicylemon.co.uk/

Nick of Bang

United Kingdom
28 posts
Posted - 2010/10/09 :  09:34:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Nick of Bang's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by whispering:
quote:
Originally posted by Nick of Bang:

...and thats why we love you.

Aw... I feel all emotional

As for why I kept it secret, I've had it on the go for ages, but there was so much to put together, I couldn't give a definite date for release, and I see the disappointment when everyone's expecting it and it gets put back. Even the press was delayed by a week, so I had to wait until I'd finished the artwork, website, youtube,download sites, mastering etc. Once everything was in place, I could release.

JayHH86
Advanced Member

Vietnam
1,400 posts
Posted - 2010/10/09 :  13:04:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JayHH86's homepage
Just listened to the promo mix all the way through. Epic stuff. Just totally my ideal kind of hardcore. Fcuking awesome. I want to go out and get wasted now.

The stand out track for me was Follow The Dream. Really enjoyed that one.

Initially, I was a bit "Ahh, not again" when I saw the two Shooting Star remixes listed, but they are both actually remarkably good. Which comes first on the promo mix? Al Storm's or Darwin's? They're both great, but the first one in the mix is the best.

Wish I had the cash to buy and support, but I'm travelling around South East Asia at the moment and have literally no free cash. If I remember it in 11 months time, when I'm home, I'll buy it for sure.

I can do something to make up for not buying it though. My friend (who I'm in Vietnam with) runs one of the most popular DnB blogs on the net (2,500+ visits a day), and he said recently he'd like to feature stuff from other genres. I'll see if I can get him to feature your showcase mix and album. beatsfortheplanet.com is the site.

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2010/10/09 :  13:36:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by JayHH86:
Initially, I was a bit "Ahh, not again" when I saw the two Shooting Star remixes listed, but they are both actually remarkably good. Which comes first on the promo mix? Al Storm's or Darwin's?

Darwin's version.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2010/10/09 :  14:45:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
I was a bit "ahh" when Darwin said he'd remixed Shooting Star too, tbh....

... then he sent it over, I imbibed the correct quantity of alcohol, and I felt compelled to loop it at house shattering volume for the remainder of the night.

CDJay

Nick of Bang

United Kingdom
28 posts
Posted - 2010/10/10 :  15:19:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Nick of Bang's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by JayHH86:
Just listened to the promo mix all the way through. Epic stuff. Just totally my ideal kind of hardcore. Fcuking awesome. I want to go out and get wasted now.

The stand out track for me was Follow The Dream. Really enjoyed that one.

Initially, I was a bit "Ahh, not again" when I saw the two Shooting Star remixes listed, but they are both actually remarkably good. Which comes first on the promo mix? Al Storm's or Darwin's? They're both great, but the first one in the mix is the best.

Wish I had the cash to buy and support, but I'm travelling around South East Asia at the moment and have literally no free cash. If I remember it in 11 months time, when I'm home, I'll buy it for sure.

I can do something to make up for not buying it though. My friend (who I'm in Vietnam with) runs one of the most popular DnB blogs on the net (2,500+ visits a day), and he said recently he'd like to feature stuff from other genres. I'll see if I can get him to feature your showcase mix and album. beatsfortheplanet.com is the site.

Great stuff, and thank you for the comments. That sort of positivity is much appreciated.

Follow The Dream seems to be the dark horse of the album. I have seen and had several comments regarding that one, but I have to say, when I got Darwin's mix back I knew it was exceptional.

As for the feature on your buddy's website, that is very much appreciated, and thank you.

redwingz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,483 posts
redwingz has attended 3 events
Posted - 2010/10/16 :  14:29:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit redwingz's homepage
I really want to pick this up! Im just short on cash at the moment :(

Hopefully in a week or two there will still be copies left! Ill be gutted if i dont get a copy! Looks awesome. Credit to you guys for doing a physical CD too!

http://www.trackitdown.net/recordlabel/111477/nsr-records.html

http://www.nsrrecords.co.uk

http://www.imodownload.com/NSR-Records

http://www.junodownload.com/labels/NSR

Contraposition

United States
114 posts
Contraposition has attended 2 events
Posted - 2010/10/21 :  02:20:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Contraposition's homepage
i'm so glad i bought this, it's wonderful <3. even though bang songs have arguably been done to death this album still manages to breathe a loooot of new life into it all <3.

pretty much all of the darwin remixes are amazing, in particular follow the dream, shooting star, and lost in space. not that i'm saying that the others didn't put on their best too; there's not a bad remix on here. the candle light mix of shooting star was also a pleasant surprise.

you and the rest that were involved did a great job, pat yourselves on the back <3!

Edited by - Contraposition on 2010/10/21 02:21:40
Nick of Bang

United Kingdom
28 posts
Posted - 2010/11/05 :  19:29:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Nick of Bang's homepage
double post sorry.

Edited by - Nick of Bang on 2010/11/05 19:31:29
Nick of Bang

United Kingdom
28 posts
Posted - 2010/11/05 :  19:30:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Nick of Bang's homepage

Apologies for not replying sooner but I was on holiday, and the hotel WiFi blocked this site. The guy behind the desk said it's because it ha "Hardcore" in the URL. They never stopped "Slutz n Jugz" so perhaps a rethink is in order.

quote:
Originally posted by redwingz:
Credit to you guys for doing a physical CD too!

I know CD sales are slow, but it is worth doing them. I have to keep about 200 back for promo purposes, because potential licensees tend to take material more seriously when they see that it's been backed by hard cash rather than a random CDR or online MP3. A completely invalid way of judging music in the 21st century, but that's the way it is. And I know from personal experience, some people collect CD's, and with sales diminishing, it's unlikely that there will ever be a repress.

quote:
Originally posted by Contraposition:
i'm so glad i bought this, it's wonderful <3. even though bang songs have arguably been done to death this album still manages to breathe a loooot of new life into it all <3.

pretty much all of the darwin remixes are amazing, in particular follow the dream, shooting star, and lost in space. not that i'm saying that the others didn't put on their best too; there's not a bad remix on here. the candle light mix of shooting star was also a pleasant surprise.

you and the rest that were involved did a great job, pat yourselves on the back <3!

Appreciate that very much! Follow The Dream has been the surprise hit off the album, and the Shooting Star Candle Light mix was a gamble but I hope it's received with the intention it was included. I just want others that sneer at hardcore to see that we we do is more than "computer generated noise" (a quote from a recent licensee), and that there are songs within hardcore that stand up with just a vocal and piano. I am currently working on new candle light mixes just for my own enjoyment and to see if it's possible to create piano/vocal mixes out of Bangin' hardcore. One of which is Follow The Dream which I upped to my site today and I'm doing All My Dreams, Lost In Space and others for a bit of fun.

As for the contributors, I made a special thank you on the CD label copy because I know the valuable contribution everybody made. I hope they are as pleased with the resulting album as I am.

Can I have my Artist medal now please ?

Edited by - Nick of Bang on 2010/11/05 19:32:25
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2010/11/05 :  19:46:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
isnt that Candle Light mix and "outro" song anyways? :)

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.41 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page