Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 should I get some newmark TT X1's?
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
atomicb
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts

60 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/09/21 :  09:39:03  Show profile Send a private message
Ok I had a quick look through and couldn't find a real answer to this question (apoligies if there is one and I didn't find it)

Going to replace my frankly shite 'budget' newmark tt-1520 decks. Options down to mk3 technics (duh!) or numark ttx1's

the x1 is more expensive, but if the extra's work as advertised, it would be worth it to me. Of course, as everyone says 'more on it more to go wrong' etc.. so I'm wondering if anyone has any practical experince with these decks?

Also, while I'm at it, what mixer in the 150/200 quid range would u suggest (no brand prefrence really)

/thanks

Alert moderator
Erbl

United Kingdom
99 posts
Posted - 2002/09/21 :  14:41:23  Show profile  Send a private message
ive heard of alot of people that they prefer the basic funtions on the ttx, the techies are great decks, but i dont feel are worth the money (if you want tried and tested for 20 odd years go techiesa, but i have not heard of a vestax breaking down, only techies), i am more of a vestax fan (thought about the pdx?) do you want to spend the extra money? i dont feel you have to unless it is spare, i would juggler between the techies and vestax myself, put more money towards a mixer maby, or get a kaos pad

as for mixer, i love mine, its an ecler pro 20, built solid, does all you want plus more, has a sweet fader
for a little more there is the numark matrix 3, but that is not tried and tested.
ill leave it at trhat but i am sure there are more, personally i feel the ecler is best in the sub 200 catogary.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
atomicb
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts

60 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/09/22 :  07:18:33  Show profile  Send a private message
ah yes, I was thinking of going with the ecler, seems pretty sweet.

And vestax.. hmm personally not too keen on the looks, and I heard all the special stuff broke :S

But now you say they work ok I'll put them back in the equation :)

and eyah the ttx just kinda caught my eye with the nice ickle blue display.. so I'm easily swayed :)

haha, anyway thanks again, given me some things to think about.

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/09/22 :  07:43:58  Show profile  Send a private message
i must admit the numark are lovely looking decks. but previous numark decks have worn out in about 2 years, these could as well.

1210's might look a bit plain but you know they're built to perfection and are gonna last ya. personally i wouldn't settle for anything less than technics but i own them,love them,obviously i'd be biased towards them and all

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

atomicb
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts

60 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/09/25 :  09:01:36  Show profile  Send a private message
well, I've made my choice, which will depend on cash ;)

what I really want - numark ttx decks and matrix 3 mixer

still rather respectable - techy's (mk2 or 3) and ecler mixer

I'll let you know how it goes ;) lol and thansk again for ure help :)

Erbl

United Kingdom
99 posts
Posted - 2002/09/25 :  09:36:18  Show profile  Send a private message
get an ecler mixer out of the choice, going on how numark mixers are in the past there not always that great and tend to be overpriced, the matrix 3 is not realy been tested either.
the ecler mixers have all been tested and are liked by everyone. if you need 3 channels its worth spending a little more on the pro 30, but i suggest go for the ecler mixer with whichever chice of decks.
you might be after the look, but at the end of the day, looks is not everything, it will be impressive to look at whatever set up (and i think the matrix 3 only looks like it will fit in with the ttx for a fiew design features, like rased faders, i feel the colour and lay out do not match up that well, again its what i think)

atomicb
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts

60 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/09/26 :  08:13:35  Show profile  Send a private message
thanks again erbl, I'm just getting brainwashed by the 'more expensive means better product' line :)

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.56 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page