Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
Chull
Starting Member

United Kingdom
18 posts
Posted - 2002/10/17 :  07:34:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
By far the best decks are made by Vestax, I and a couple of friends all got the older PDT 5000, and they p***** on the 70's rehashed techies (clunck! , as you go past 0% ha ha, and the "new" ones are 70's rehashed with non-clunking pitch, quick order me a set!).
Then they brought out the PS series, 3 types to choose from basic, "battle-mode" and digital (And don't forget the flagship 8000's). Over a year ago one of my said friends upgraded to the PDX 2000's, talk about pulling your finger off! how much torque?! We used them, knocked them about, they've been to sets we've played, and no problems at all, remembering to only touch the vinyl as the platter will wear down your finger, yeah baby! I'm waiting though for the next update of the flagship decks, can't wait!
The extra gadgets only help by letting you do all the moves you can on a techie, and a shed load of new ones you cant or wouldn't have thought of without the Vestax. I've got a tape with me mixing in Josh Winks (I know I know, hateful house, but I was having my arm twisted by my friend to do a muti-type-of-music mix) backwards into Insomnia, and believe it or not, it sounded good.
Make up your own mind though, as when you get used to whatever desks you start with, you'll tend to stick with them, and the technie update theirs every ice-age.
Chull.

"Hardcore will never die!"

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Chull
Starting Member

United Kingdom
18 posts
Posted - 2002/10/17 :  07:38:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
[quote]Originally posted by DJ Mouse:
there's no question here,technics 1210's
about £700 for a pair of mk3's that'll last you a good 20 years and they're in all the clubs.
--------------------------------------------------
Yeah the ones in the clubs are from 20 years ago :) and they'll be the same in another 20 years

"...can't go wrong..."

I've seen plenty of 1210's and 1200's go west, usually first by spinnig way over speed then die-ing a lingering death, don't trust them.

"Hardcore will never die!"

Alert moderator Go to top of page

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.42 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page