Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Sound Cards and Sample Rates
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
ryg0r
Advanced Member

Australia
2,807 posts

34 hardcore releases
ryg0r is verified hardcore artist ryg0r has donated money to the site ryg0r has attended 10 events
Posted - 2002/10/03 :  20:26:54  Show profile View artist profile Send a private message
What is a good sound card? Or rather, what sound card will I get optimum quality and minimum MIDI lag?

What is a good sample rate? I use 44.1kHz at the moment, however I've been getting reports that, my tracks sound "hollow"-ish lacking in something (which I can't really describe).

Also what is good for output? (speaker/headphone wise) I don't think I can afford a kick a$$ stereo system, so I guess I'm after good headphones.

Help?

-=[ryg0r]=-

Alert moderator
saintberry

Australia
358 posts
Posted - 2002/10/03 :  21:16:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit saintberry's homepage
unless you buy a kick arse amp with some god damn swoit studio monitors, get headphones...make sure you dont get dj headphones tho, cos some add extra bass boost etc....just look out for any good audiophile headphones or studio monitor headphones.

other questions i dont really know about..

but ive got a question for you! can i hear some of your tracks? =D please?

ROB GEE SAYS, ANYONE WHO SAID HARDCORE TECHNO AND GABBERHOUSE IS DEAD, **** YOU!!!!!!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
ryg0r
Advanced Member

Australia
2,807 posts

34 hardcore releases
ryg0r is verified hardcore artist ryg0r has donated money to the site ryg0r has attended 10 events
Posted - 2002/10/03 :  22:18:43  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message
Sure!!! Do you want them on CD (they come mixed!!) ? Cos we can organise something (I'm not sure when I'm coming to Canberra next but when do something over email).

Other wise check out mp3.com.au/migcrew

I haven't updated it in a while (2 weeks) and I've made new songs since then.

I guess, I'd prefer for ppl to get my Cd, but I'm not real fussy, its the music man!!

-=[ryg0r]=-

saintberry

Australia
358 posts
Posted - 2002/10/03 :  23:00:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit saintberry's homepage
"hollow" my ass Hallelujah is a banging tune *proceeds to listen to rest*

think its so good ya producing hhc, australia has always has some good gabber maniacs, but not really any hh =D

ROB GEE SAYS, ANYONE WHO SAID HARDCORE TECHNO AND GABBERHOUSE IS DEAD, **** YOU!!!!!!

saintberry

Australia
358 posts
Posted - 2002/10/03 :  23:04:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit saintberry's homepage
anything out on white lable?

this may interest you

http://www.inthemix.com.au/p/np/viewnews.php?id=6277

and

http://bpmrecords.com/Vinyl%20Pressing/vinylpressing.htm

ryg0r
Advanced Member

Australia
2,807 posts

34 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/10/04 :  00:23:23  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message
I'm glad you liked Hallelujah, thats the best tune I've uploaded, but I'm too sure what Silver and Weaver are talking about, sounds fine too me!!

I have nothing on white label, but I can burn you my EP, but I'll charge AUS$5 for my trouble, or the mixed set for the same price.

I've done better ones, which I'll upload in about 2-3 weeks.

I don't have the money to pay for pressings, but CD's...

I'm glad you like it!! =D

-=[ryg0r]=-

saintberry

Australia
358 posts
Posted - 2002/10/04 :  00:37:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit saintberry's homepage
when the price for the CDJ1000 comes down a bit in aus, im so getting one :D

so getting stuff on CD aint soo bad...

Underloop
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,895 posts

91 hardcore releases
Underloop has donated money to the site Underloop has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/10/04 :  01:13:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Underloop's homepage
As far as a decent soundcard goes it depends what you need as far as ins and outs goes. If you only need one stereo in and one stereo out then I can HIGHLY reccomend the M-Audio Audiophile2496. Its a basic stereo i/o with maximum 24bit 96kHz and very low latency.

As far as sample rates go I operate at 44.1 all the time. It shouldn't be the cause of any "hollowness". I havn't heard your tunes (yet) coz I forgot my headphones today, but if they do sound hollow then that is probably more down to your production/engineering and choice of sounds and how they work together.

Hope this helps a bit

Matthew aka DJ Underloop
--------------------------
"Turn that shit up!!!!!"

Oli G
Advanced Member

United States
1,817 posts
Oli G is verified hardcore artist Oli G has donated money to the site Oli G has attended 41 events
Posted - 2002/10/04 :  03:48:23  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Oli G's homepage
Audiphiles are superb, and if you need more ins and outs go for a 1010lt (that has midi as well)

Garage Is where You Keep Your ****in Car
House Is where You Live
Hardcore Is HOW You Live

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_

http://www.myspace.com/camelrecords

ryg0r
Advanced Member

Australia
2,807 posts

34 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/10/07 :  02:42:57  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message
I have an SB Live! and I use 44.1kHz 16-bit, etc, etc...

The midi has heaps of lag (at least when I'm using Fruity Loops) so I'm looking into getting a new card.

I want to make a studio (if a person can make something of the sort). I'm not talking a little thing - I mean a Pro Studio, one that I can get bands into, etc...

I was thinking that for General Output, I'll use car stereo stuff, because the quality is really sweet!!

Audiophile, hey? I'll have to check up on it.

-=[ryg0r]=-

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/10/07 :  03:25:28  Show profile  Send a private message
i got 45ms of latency on my sblive. change your multimedia drivers in cubase

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2002/10/07 :  05:38:06  Show profile  Send a private message
"I want to make a studio (if a person can make something of the sort). I'm not talking a little thing - I mean a Pro Studio, one that I can get bands into, etc..."

Sure a person can do that. You need to get a 50 ft X 50 ft sound proofed room, 20 great Mics, a 24 Channel 8 Bus digital mixing station, a few different pairs of powered monitors (I suggest Genelec and Mackie), amazing Mic pre-amps, a full effects rack, and an amazing DAW with all the extras. All in all it really shouldn't cost more than 50 or 60 thousand dollars plus the space.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.72 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page