Total online 1553
 Radio listeners 175+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 DJ Tyujia - Limitless Hardcore (Sans NZT)
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Tyujia

United Kingdom
21 posts
Posted - 2011/08/11 :  16:24:45  Show profile Send a private message
Hi. Joined here ages ago but have only just reached the point with my DJing where I feel it's ready to be shared and critiqued. I've been practicing solidly for about 8 months now and am 95% self-taught, so I feel like I'm making decent progress. I made this today, unfortunately constrained by Youtube's 15 time limit, so it's not a long mix you can really get into unfortunately :C ... But you can at least see me working the mixer... Anyway, I'd appreciate some feedback and anything anyone knows about self-promotion, since I want to go pro. Don't care how long it takes. Enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36GpsRVEelA&feature=channel_video_title

Alert moderator
D-Shark

Finland
74 posts
Posted - 2011/08/16 :  10:26:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit D-Shark's homepage
You really seem to be enjoying the music, and that is the most important thing! As a DJ, when you enjoy the music you play, and you play it with passion, the crowd will see that and they get as much as exited as you are. When you get better at mixing you dont have to "think" what you to do and you can just consenrate just enjoying the music. It kinda kills the energy of expressing yourself when you have to "plan" what you have to do next, sorry i cant explain it better :/ And dj'ing is not about getting "pro" its about enjoying music you love, and sharing it with other people, and if you get "pro" its only a bonus.

but anyway i liked your mix and hope to see more of you! keep it hardcore :3

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Tyujia

United Kingdom
21 posts
Posted - 2011/08/16 :  12:40:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Tyujia's homepage
Thanks for listening to my mix! :) My friend who does play in clubs told me that if he isn't interested in what he's playing then it comes across on the dancefloor, so I agree completely that you have to have the passion for it, and I think I do. I'm at the stage where the technical aspects, i.e. beatmatching, are sufficiently easy for me to spend more time enjoying the music and making sure I get a good blend in transitions. I take your point about turning pro but I think it's just a semantic difference in the way we've interpreted it, in order to share it with other people I need to find a platform to do that from, which is a "professional" capacity. Anyway, I intend to make a longer promotional mix so you will likely hear more from me soon. 15 minutes isn't enough time to do anything. :3

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2011/08/16 :  14:47:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Well i certainly can't fault your enthusiasm! Nice mix, with good use of effects, good that you're using scratching too but some of it was a bit much for my taste. It's incredibly hard to get a foot in the door when it comes to dj'ing so make sure you get some full length mixes online and get out and about and in the faces of local events/promotors. Keep plugging away and you might end up as one of the 1% who makes it! Good luck.

Tyujia

United Kingdom
21 posts
Posted - 2011/08/16 :  17:18:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Tyujia's homepage
Yeah I concluded that myself, I'll keep my scratching stints shorter next time. I just uh, get a bit into it... it's a bit addictive, lol :P

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page