Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 Scott Brown - Elysium (dJ~noeko remix);320kbps DL~
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
dJnoeko
Starting Member

United States
4 posts
Posted - 2011/08/14 :  17:08:54  Show profile Send a private message

If this is the wrong place to be self plugging, feel free to give this the boot, I'm just really happy with this track and wanted to share it with everybody I could! It's Elysium with a bit of a Makina twist to it.

*deleted - you don't have a license to release this*

Alert moderator
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2011/08/14 :  17:48:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
**** man, this should've been on the EVOLUTION 100 part 3 instead of Comet's chiptune remix.

Not a dig at Comet, but god damnit it's an insult to both hardcore and chiptunes alike.

Anyways, enough of the hater rambling. Good work on the track,

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Samination on 2011/08/14 17:49:03
dJnoeko
Starting Member

United States
4 posts
Posted - 2011/08/14 :  19:15:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dJnoeko's homepage
Ehehe, thanks. I wish.

Edited by - dJnoeko on 2011/08/14 19:15:51
acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2011/08/14 :  22:30:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage
Awesome work man!!! Love your style!!!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/archefluxxuk

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2011/08/14 :  22:53:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
**** man, this should've been on the EVOLUTION 100 part 3 instead of Comet's chiptune remix.

Not a dig at Comet, but god damnit it's an insult to both hardcore and chiptunes alike.

Anyways, enough of the hater rambling. Good work on the track,

That got released? Wtf lol.

v-act

Sweden
412 posts
Posted - 2011/08/15 :  08:35:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit v-act's homepage
I think this is awesome! I love what you did with the bass line, it gives the track a whole new style.

8D
Advanced Member

Canada
820 posts
Posted - 2011/08/15 :  20:29:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 8D's homepage
"Yo dawg, we heard you like raving to Elysium so we put elysium in your Elysium and a rave in your rave so you can be in heaven while you're finding it hard to believe we're in heaven."

Dude, f'ing lol

Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2011/08/15 :  20:40:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage

I really like this...

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)

dJnoeko
Starting Member

United States
4 posts
Posted - 2011/08/17 :  16:02:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dJnoeko's homepage
Thanks for all the kind words, guys. Glad you like it! =w=

SpiritWolf
Average Member

United States
237 posts
Posted - 2011/08/23 :  04:34:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SpiritWolf's homepage
Great tune noeko! drunk daft played it like 3 times last night :P

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2011/08/23 :  04:41:24  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Have you licensed this from Scott Brown? You can't take a tune of his, remix it and release it for free without a license no matter how much you changed it to your own remix.

8D
Advanced Member

Canada
820 posts
Posted - 2011/08/23 :  07:00:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 8D's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
Have you licensed this from Scott Brown? You can't take a tune of his, remix it and release it for free without a license no matter how much you changed it to your own remix.

Would it be okay if scott's name was removed?

titled it "dj noeko - elysium"

and it is free after all

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2011/08/23 :  07:05:05  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by 8D:
quote:

Would it be okay if scott's name was removed?

titled it "dj noeko - elysium"

and it is free after all

I hate to spoil the fun for this track but if artists don't know what they are doing they can get in alot of trouble from publishing companies and record labels...

Did you sample the original track? If you did you still need a license, if you recreated the entire track without sampling the original then it is a cover song and okay. You would still have to pay publishing to Scott Brown (as the song writer) but it would mean you would own the copyright to your cover version and free (to a degree) to so what you want with it as long as you credit (and pay) the writers of the song.

Regarding giving away for free
Free doesn't mean anything, does not make a different if you gave it away for free, charged 10 cents, 10 dollars or paid people to listen to it, if a copyright holder wanted they could could sue you for illegal distribution of their music as you have done this without their express permission... it would fall under the same classification as illegal downloads. Unless the author releases their music under creative commons or as public domain (just like software) you can't just do what you want with it.

cruelcore1
Advanced Member

Croatia (Hrvatska)
1,485 posts
Posted - 2011/08/23 :  07:39:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit cruelcore1's homepage
quote:
I hate to spoil the fun for this track but if artists don't know what they are doing they can get in alot of trouble from publishing companies and record labels...

Did you sample the original track? If you did you still need a license, if you recreated the entire track without sampling the original then it is a cover song and okay. You would still have to pay publishing to Scott Brown (as the song writer) but it would mean you would own the copyright to your cover version and free (to a degree) to so what you want with it as long as you credit (and pay) the writers of the song.

Regarding giving away for free
Free doesn't mean anything, does not make a different if you gave it away for free, charged 10 cents, 10 dollars or paid people to listen to it, if a copyright holder wanted they could could sue you for illegal distribution of their music as you have done this without their express permission... it would fall under the same classification as illegal downloads. Unless the author releases their music under creative commons or as public domain (just like software) you can't just do what you want with it.

Releasing under someone else's label without authorisation? Then it's label's fault, if they're aware its a remix.

Just giving it away? Well I know theyre much softer when it comes to remixing (re-creating) for free. You just need to watch out who you remix, but as long as its not Gaga, Guetta, Madonna and similar, and as long as u arent super-popular, theres nothing to worry.

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
Posted - 2011/08/23 :  07:47:17  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by cruelcore1:
Releasing under someone else's label without authorisation? Then it's label's fault, if they're aware its a remix.

Just giving it away? Well I know theyre much softer when it comes to remixing (re-creating) for free. You just need to watch out who you remix, but as long as its not Gaga, Guetta, Madonna and similar, and as long as u arent super-popular, theres nothing to worry.

Free or not, gaga or not it does not matter, I'm sure if Scott saw this he would agree, infact I remember a post...

Here it is.. this is from the evolution records forum, straight from Scott Brown himself back in 2006:

Ok guys I'm being asked 10 times a week if people can remix this track or that track...

Sorry but I'm not giving samples away for tracks, I'm not looking for tracks to be remixed unless I specifically want them, and PLEASE don't just remix a track cos you feel like it. You won't earn any brownie points with me.

I think the point is, if you have the ability, write your own track and show me what you can do.

Thanks

Scott

http://xyrog.powweb.com/forum/index.php?s=d624d655c769e1611d03b25291a969a0&showtopic=6145

now.... in saying that

if you are going to do a rip or a boot of something non hardcore... there doesn't seem to be a problem (at least with the artist.... legally it is the same story as above).... don't shit where you sleep basically.

8D
Advanced Member

Canada
820 posts
Posted - 2011/08/23 :  08:18:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 8D's homepage
Sadly I know that you are correct Silver

I just wish music wasn't the way it is, or at least a little less serious
To me music is like nature, it shouldn't be copy-written or owned, should just be there for everyone to enjoy

imo things like this shouldn't be a big deal, but I guess they are and that's just the way it is

still an awesome track :P

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.69 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page