Page: 
of 10

Author Thread  
Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,046 posts
Audio Warfare has attended 19 events
Posted - 2011/08/22 :  13:02:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage  Reply with quote
Whispering - Looking nice man! You've put in some hard graft it seems.

Rowan - Looks like your studio setup has definitely come together a bit then. :)

I'll take a couple of shots when I get in. May have to do a quick tidy, had a few mates over Saturday and a lazy recovery day Sunday lol.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Audio Warfare on 2011/08/22 13:03:07
whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2011/08/22 :  15:27:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
and some after pictures

Thats one huge room. It's weird that you have white walls and roof. On other forums when we've had a similar topic, many in America have all sorts of weird colors, even the roof. Which is _always_ painted white here :P

Also your closet is screaming for a storage system.

quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Whispering - that is a majorly impressive transformation mate!

quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
Whispering - Looking nice man! You've put in some hard graft it seems.

Thanks. After the initial few months to make it into livable condition, its been a very slow progress. Still need to get money for the shower door and some other stuff, even though it's been 4 years already :P

TheOneNOnly
Advanced Member

United States
1,937 posts
Posted - 2011/08/22 :  17:31:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TheOneNOnly's homepage  Reply with quote
Lmao Latin, nice Texas shower curtain.

The Past, The Present, The Future (CD One)
The Past, The Present, The Future (CD Two)

Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,046 posts
Audio Warfare has attended 19 events
Posted - 2011/08/22 :  19:25:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage  Reply with quote
Right, here we go.

Lounge/Dining room:

Hall:

Kitchen:

Studio:

Can't be arsed to get one of the downstairs toilet or upstairs landing and the bedroom is off limits. ;) Not taking pics of front or back garden either as I think that's a little bit of a security risk.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2011/08/22 :  19:36:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
Loving the living room curtains lol. What a brilliant idea for whoever invented them lol.

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2011/08/22 :  19:38:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Kitchen:

Never really understood why no other country uses dish draining closets in the kitchen. Its like the best kitchen invention ever.

Also have a Gunslinger Girl wall scroll myself. Though don't have it displayed ATM. Only have the Haibane-Renmei one visible. Still haven't watched the second season though.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2011/08/22 :  19:47:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
It is an ingenious idea, never seen one before lol. I suspect the same is true for most people here too as they certainly wouldn't be passing up such a good opportunity to be lazy for no reason.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2011/08/22 20:00:29
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2011/08/22 :  20:08:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
we dont dry...we just use a drying rack on the side, like alot of other households:

i expect there are different reasons it never made it over here, that is space people would usually want for food storage (some of our kitchens in our tiny british houses are small enough as they are!!) and often the sink is under a window, so a window would be in the way of where the drying cupboard would be

also - surely if its wood...and you're putting damp, (sometimes hot) things in it to dry then closing the doors.. surely that creates a worrying mould problem? build up of moisture and all that because they arent airing properly..?

Edited by - Triquatra on 2011/08/22 20:09:49
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2011/08/22 :  20:18:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
also - surely if its wood...and you're putting damp, (sometimes hot) things in it to dry then closing the doors.. surely that creates a worrying mould problem? build up of moisture and all that because they arent airing properly..?

That's what i was thinking. Even though there is a big hole in the bottom.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2011/08/22 20:19:12
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2011/08/22 :  21:29:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
might as well get a dishwasher if you want to avoid the whole process altogether. not keen on the idea of the items being over each other on the finnish invention. usually we use something like what Rowan has or when we do have a lot of stuff to dry, we use the dry setting on the dishwasher. Our whole family prefers to handwash everything.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2011/08/22 :  21:32:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
hmmmm.dishwashers use alot of electricity, really no point having one when its just myself my wife and the wee one!

Ionosphere
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,750 posts
Ionosphere is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2011/08/22 :  21:55:47  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Ionosphere's homepage  Reply with quote
Tch! Just get the servants to do it.

This- http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ionosphere

THIS - http://soundcloud.com/ionosphere

VIDEO - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nYWkHCkaho

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2011/08/22 :  21:59:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by whispering:
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
and some after pictures

Thats one huge room. It's weird that you have white walls and roof. On other forums when we've had a similar topic, many in America have all sorts of weird colors, even the roof. Which is _always_ painted white here :P

Also your closet is screaming for a storage system.

yea well we don't own this house we're only renting it. and yea most ppl even if they're renting paint the whole place up. The rest of the walls in the house are painted though. Every apt. u rent here will always come with white walls or ceilings b/c in most contracts it states that ppl moving out have to make sure that everything is as they received it, including the white walls so they won't get penalized for it. i'm not that into decorating as you can see from the pic lol. I used to have my walls full of posters and whatnot during grade school but stopped after that.

altho I am considering starting a project of kind of "framing" old t-shirts that I don't see myself ever wearing again, but that I don't want to get rid of b/c they carry some sentimental value and whatnot.

as far as the closet goes, spent $200 on some really good velvet huggable hangers and I've had a few break on me, but have also bought a tremendous amount of clothes again after college lol so I'm thinking about buying some more again. It's not really the closet it's me lol i'm terrible at organizing I never am one to put stuff back where they belong after I've used it.

@OneAndOnly lol i bought that shower curtain for when I lived in student housing for college. I thought I'd get it so it would impress my roommates and it did lol.

8D
Advanced Member

Canada
820 posts
Posted - 2011/08/22 :  22:11:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 8D's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Kitchen:

Never really understood why no other country uses dish draining closets in the kitchen. Its like the best kitchen invention ever.

I swear when I was 8 years old that I thought up something like that in my head and pondered why it didn't exist

Hey Cribs usually shows rides too eh? :P

Here is my baby:

She desperately needs a new stereo, those 30 year old speakers just don't cut it for hardcore

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2011/08/22 :  23:17:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by 8D:
quote:
quote:
Kitchen:

I swear when I was 8 years old that I thought up something like that in my head and pondered why it didn't exist

Hey Cribs usually shows rides too eh? :P

Here is my baby:

She desperately needs a new stereo, those 30 year old speakers just don't cut it for hardcore

there u go fixed that up for u

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 10 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.91 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page