Page: 
of 16

Author Thread  
NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
NekoShuffle has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  00:08:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Karthy:
I saw it as nothing more than a joke. I'm no suck up to Gammer, I like the guy's music and I think he has a great personality, I'm 99.9% sure Gammer would not beat anyone up just because they hate dubcore and I find the fact that you actually believe he would quite silly.

Let's put it this way... Do you really think he'd go through the effort of finding out where a dubcore hater lives just to go beat them up, it wouldn't achieve that and any half-intelligent person would know that. I'm not trying to insult anyone here but come on?

I also find it kind of silly that these 2 halves are constantly trying to bring arguments (Wilky) and those neutral people laughing about it and egging it on (Archefluxx).

My views on the actual idea of dubcore taking over - will it bollocks... There will always be the usual hardcore, there'll just be this new hardcore aswell, I don't personally like this new style and I definately wouldn't go out of my way to go to an event advertising itself as that. I'd be quite disappointed if I went to a HTID rave and heard 99% dubcore, but I'd just choose not to go to one of them again, and then they're the ones losing it.

There's no need for this mindless whingyness in my opinion, and there certainly isn't a need to PROVOKE these arguments. I understand people are just voicing their opinions, and I see it as Gammer's just doing the same. Sure he threatened people (noone specifically might I add) but he was clearly joking.

Everyone just needs to simmer down, it's all getting a bit too out of hand and both sides of the argument are in the wrong...

Saying "literally going to punch someone in the head" and "not even kidding" is a strong indication to me that he wasn't joking, and this was before the "I'm human and sometimes I get annoyed" comment. That's a threat plain and simple, I don't really think Gammer would actually do it either, but saying something like that with that tone & choice of words just encourages that kind of behaviour and that's not something I condone nor want to get involved in, especially considering the numerous other threats that I've been seeing around lately.

This isn't something personal against Gammer, this is against ANYONE who makes a threat with that choice of words/defence - and no matter who that person is, I think it's immature and I don't want to be a part of that scene.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
dannyboy uk

United Kingdom
127 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  00:12:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dannyboy uk's homepage  Reply with quote
haha! just read through gammers posts, its like a facebook hardcore revolt on dubcore

gammer didnt mean it seriously lol, its just banter gone out of control, its a sunday night, everyones bored and once again facebook provides entertainment lol, even kutski's stickin up for him lol

"Look a bit harder for producers that aren't making the sounds you don't like. It's not difficult..... Find the music you like rather than waiting for it to be spoon fed to you" best quote of the whole arguement

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  00:13:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
But people say 'I'm not even kidding' and 'literally' all the time knowing full well that it's not actually either lol. It's just one of those things that a lot of people say but never actually mean, even though what they are saying is that they do mean it lol. Although if it was it was someone i knew absolutely nothing about then i would probably feel the same way as you.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2012/01/16 00:14:49
NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  00:15:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
Gammer definately didn't mean it as seriously as you read it Neko. He's not like that.

Honestly if you take five seconds to look at Gammers Youtube videos its easy to see hes a very relaxed and fun guy. And you make such a big deal about it - if you say youve never done the same youre lying.

I've probably talked to Gammer more than you guys have to be honest. He's a very nice person on twitter, but he was annoyed - he said too much and he deserves the drama he got for it. It's as simple as that. As I just said, this isn't personal against him - this is against anyone who gets a bit too annoyed and starts throwing threats around. I said it in the Livelee thread last week, I'm not having that shit go on. Especially as we all know how easy it is to incite hardcore ravers. I'm simply not having it.

Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Archefluxx has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  00:21:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Karthy:

I also find it kind of silly that these 2 halves are constantly trying to bring arguments (Wilky) and those neutral people laughing about it and egging it on (Archefluxx).

**** off am I egging it on...

I posted some serious comments on the threads on Gammers page, one or two less helpful ones, and Ive spoken to Breeze via Twitter suggesting that he ignore Wilky rather than fuel his fire..

Edited by - Archefluxx on 2012/01/16 00:22:55
DJ Lawlzy
Advanced Member

Canada
520 posts
DJ Lawlzy has attended 3 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  00:41:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Lawlzy's homepage  Reply with quote
I wish there was a big button that I could press and BEEPBOOPBEEP all the Hardcore scene drama gets sucked into space. Really funny for a scene built on upbeat happy music.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  00:42:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Lawlzy:
I wish there was a big button that I could press and BEEPBOOPBEEP all the Hardcore scene drama gets sucked into space. Really funny for a scene built on upbeat happy music.

Nice sound effect.

DJ Lawlzy
Advanced Member

Canada
520 posts
DJ Lawlzy has attended 3 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  00:45:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Lawlzy's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:

Nice sound effect.

It would sound like this

SpiritWolf
Average Member

United States
237 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  00:48:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SpiritWolf's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

^This

Shades
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,189 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  00:59:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Shades's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWolf:
quote:

^This

^ this as well, if wilky followed.... & smoogie as a bonus

Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  01:03:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage  Reply with quote
Nothing wrong with a shake up in Hardcore every now and again. This kind of thing is funny.

Edited by - Archefluxx on 2012/01/16 01:28:04
NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  01:37:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:
Nothing wrong with a shake up in Hardcore every now and again. This kind of thing is funny.

Drama is give and take really, I try my best to avoid it but this is more about the principle of threats to me. Especially with it kicking off last week with MCs threatening to beat people up and so on, I'm absolutely not having that go on. And I know people keep saying "Gammer wouldn't hurt anyone" and yeah, I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't, but thanks to his status we now have a bunch of chavs kicking off about how they're going to brick people and punch other people in the face for various reasons, and we ravers are the ones that have to put up with that.

Lilark
Average Member

United States
211 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  01:57:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilark's homepage  Reply with quote
Dubstep influenced hardcore and Dubstep are two entirely different things. I really don't know who took a piss in his cornflakes, but it's immature of him to say that. He's a great artist and I respect his music, but threatening people over something so stupid is irrelevant.

Dante
Advanced Member

Vatican City State (Holy See)
1,185 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  02:31:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dante's homepage  Reply with quote
Had to see what all the fuzz was about. So many chav fanboys who can't spell, I just can't take them seriously.

Hardcore = dubstep, I hope you're watching, guys!

Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  02:39:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dante:
Had to see what all the fuzz was about. So many chav fanboys who can't spell, I just can't take them seriously.

Hardcore = dubstep, I hope you're watching, guys!

Probably more Scottish abbreviations tbh mate

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 16 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  ... 12  13  14  15  16
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.34 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page