Page: 
of 12

Author Thread  
silver
Admin

Japan
12,547 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  09:52:28  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
so, when will we see the words http, ftp, irc, bbs, cd-r and anything else that can be used for illegal activity? seriously...

yep... and I plan to shutdown the site next week to stop ALL ACTIVITY! ... use your brain dude :)

It was a censor on a known site... plus the t word is censored because 99.9% of it is illegal activity.. great tech but just overrun with piracy... sorry if you need to download your linux ISO's, you wont be able to here... but I don't think many people come here for linux questions.

it's like the old saying "guns don't kill people, people kill people..."

same deal "t's don't steal music... people steal music"...

In both cases, you can't stop stupid people :)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  09:55:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
"guns don't kill people, people kill people..." is a stupid analoge to use to begin with, but in this case, it holds very high simularities to Internet. No real service (except maybe Napster) started out as a piracy tool. But then, They wanted to ban VCR recorders :)

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  10:08:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
Pirate bay comes to mind. So do, for that matter, any private tor rent websites.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  10:13:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
private trackers wheren't made before the bt service came to be, and piraye was kinda late in the game

silver
Admin

Japan
12,547 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  10:20:16  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
anyway.... piracy bad... technology good... we can all agree.

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,682 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  10:44:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm not sure. There's an argument to suggest that no data could possibly be 'owned' to begin with.

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  12:15:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
I've just been through every clip on trackitdown. I normally try and stay as diplomatic as possible, but this album is an absolute travesty. There are a handful - and that's being seriously generous - of promising sounding tracks that might be worth investigating on Hixxy's mix, but they alone come no where near to rescuing the first two mixes.

I'm absolutely gutted Hardcore is going this way. Not everyone in Hardcore is going this way, I know, but a lot of the most influential producers from the last ten-years-plus are. Totally, totally gutted.

B-Tek Project

United Kingdom
31 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  12:46:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit B-Tek Project's homepage  Reply with quote
It's ironic that tons of people have moaned and complained over the last few years asking for a change in hardcore music. Now it's finally happening most people hate it. Be careful what you wish for folks

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  13:17:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
I couldn't give a shit what's ironic. I'm not part of a group that's been campaigning for a change. I absolutely loved the style of music from the day I got in to it. I've never complained about it. Clubland through to Hardcore Underground - I like(d)/love(d) all of it.

There are still a good number of people producing the - how shall we call it, 'traditional sound'? - which is obviously pleasing. I am just perplexed that this shit is allowed to be called 'Hardcore' and dominates one of the major Hardcore album releases of the year.

If people want to enjoy this style of music - that's great. But how people can really, consciously call it Hardcore is beyond me.

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
NekoShuffle has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  15:21:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
What I think is really stupid about this is that Breeze says "if you don't like it, don't buy it" and then somewhere else said something like "they're only judging it on the samples when they haven't even heard the full CD"

Well...duh? I'm not buying (or downloading) this CD because I heard the samples, looked at the tracklist and decided I didn't want to buy it. If you don't like the fact people are judging the music based on the samples you provided then you should either put up better samples or not put any up at all.

Bit of an unrelated point there but I couldn't believe the contradiction in that statement.

As for the Clubland CDs...well, by CLXH6 I realised that the series wasn't going in a direction I liked. So yeah, heard the samples and avoided. And if anyone wants a constructive reason why I didn't like it - it's because of the filth and the 80s sounding electro deadmau5 sounding synths. I don't like those two sounds, one sounds dated and grates on me a bit and the other just sounds like a bunch of unmemorable noise that doesn't really add anything to the track.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  16:34:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Here's my verdict - it's horrible.

Never before have i seen such a massive waste of potential (well, not since the last time Real Madrid bought every good player in the world and still couldn't win the LaLiga).

It's hard to come up with a decent analogy so i won't bother, i'll just say that at least 50% of the tunes offer something really nice then deliver the musical equivalent of F*** ALL!
In all, there's about 6 tunes i'd seriously consider buying, about the same i'd happily listen to without, and the rest would force me to stick the nearest sharp object in my ears to make it go away.

So much promise, so little end product.

I can only hope that in a year or two when this stupid fad has passed, a lot of them will get remixed into proper tunes.

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  16:40:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I can only hope that in a year or two when this stupid fad has passed, a lot of them will get remixed into proper tunes.

That's a really good point, actually. It's massively unlikely to happen, unfortunately, though. Such a huge number of the tunes start out so, so well. Urgh. No point reiterating it for the hundredth time.

I do vaguely remember someone doing a proper remix of You & I. Might have been Rhythmics? As it happens, You & I is one of the few Non-Hardcore-But-Hardcore tracks I do actually quite like.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  16:53:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
all the Dubstep lovers might like it, so they will earn their money anwyays, and then say it was "the ravers" that actualyl bought the album. Or after Wilky's stunt they will blame it all on piracy.

Edited by - Samination on 2012/01/16 16:56:29
lurker
Average Member

United States
187 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  17:43:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lurker's homepage  Reply with quote
Better than a few of the more recent editions. It's Clubland, though, so it was going to be bad. I think the reason why so many tracks were taken from Petruccio & Modulate's album is because neither Breeze nor Styles can produce anything decent.
And on that note, why do Breeze and Styles even get separate CDs anyway? The only difference between them now is that Styles sings. They could've easily done a Breeze & Styles CD, the same Hixxy & Recon CD, and then given the third CD to Al Storm and Technikore so they wouldn't be forced onto HU5 by the whole "every hardcore DJ with more than a tiny bit of popularity must have an album mix" nonsense.

Edited by - lurker on 2012/01/16 17:46:02
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  17:51:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
yea!!! Let Silver mix his own CD's again

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 12 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  ... 8  9  10  11  12
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.78 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page