Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 AHHHHHH HELP ME!!!!
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
djmonoxide

United States
128 posts
Posted - 2002/10/30 :  05:07:47  Show profile Send a private message  Visit djmonoxide's homepage
I know exactly what I need. BUT WHERE DO I GET IT! I need to hook my turntables up to my comp with USB or Firewire. I have been looking for something like this for a long time and I can't find anything like it. Some Help?????

I used to be a raver, used to take lots of E. Now I just smoke weed, and you know I will Succeed. :)

Alert moderator
Oli G
Advanced Member

United States
1,817 posts
Oli G is verified hardcore artist Oli G has donated money to the site Oli G has attended 41 events
Posted - 2002/10/30 :  05:10:20  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Oli G's homepage
try ww.digitalvillage.co.uk
or if u need usa pssl.com
try something like the edirol audio interfaces, or the moto or maudio ones for better quality :)

Garage Is where You Keep Your ****in Car
House Is where You Live
Hardcore Is HOW You Live

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_

http://www.myspace.com/camelrecords

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2002/10/30 :  05:39:39  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
I need to hook my turntables up to my comp with USB or Firewire.

Oli is right, you need a new sound card. There are currently no standalone converters, the only way to do it is to get a break out box type of sound card that interfaces with your computer via USB or Firewire. And if you want something with good sample rates you need to go Firewire and it'll cost from $500-$25,000. If you wanna get a "crap" card with usable sample rates it'll run you at least $200.

"Sadness is a barnacle clinging to your bright boat. You won't let it sink your spirits if you'll only learn to float. We are all sea captains, sailing on life's rough seas. Come on you Magellan's, come with me I've got Pie; Happiness Pie."

djmonoxide

United States
128 posts
Posted - 2002/10/30 :  14:45:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djmonoxide's homepage
Hmmm..... New sound card eh? To much money! are you sure there is no way to canvert it?

I used to be a raver, used to take lots of E. Now I just smoke weed, and you know I will Succeed. :)

Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2002/10/30 :  18:20:17  Show profile  Send a private message
Well... I'm pretty sure. You have to write a protcol to convert it and then you need to put that protocol into a processor to run the actual conversion. So far I haven't heard of a stand alone converter, only ones built into expensive sound cards cause.... well they need to be for the sound card to work. But hopefully somone else will know of one :D

"Sadness is a barnacle clinging to your bright boat. You won't let it sink your spirits if you'll only learn to float. We are all sea captains, sailing on life's rough seas. Come on you Magellan's, come with me I've got Pie; Happiness Pie."

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.06 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page