of 6

Author Thread  
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/05/11 :  11:46:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
I smell a Zonkers brewing up.

If so, Did Kitsch ask Black Eyed Peas when he used JTS's remix of it?

It's just silly, If you wish to complain, do it to Bishop if he said it was ok for JAJ to use it.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Bonkers4Life
Advanced Member

Canada
972 posts
Bonkers4Life has attended 6 events
Posted - 2012/05/11 :  15:32:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bonkers4Life's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:

It's just silly, If you wish to complain, do it to Bishop if he said it was ok for JAJ to use it.

I dont see a Zonkers situation starting.

Every artist/label on this has given permission to use their tracks. I don't see why anything should be removed.

deejaybee
Average Member

United Kingdom
193 posts
deejaybee is verified hardcore artist deejaybee has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/05/11 :  18:33:09  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bonkers4Life:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:

I dont see a Zonkers situation starting.

Every artist/label on this has given permission to use their tracks. I don't see why anything should be removed.

With all due respect to Bishop, he does not have the right to licence this track.

deejaybee
Average Member

United Kingdom
193 posts
deejaybee is verified hardcore artist deejaybee has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/05/11 :  18:43:12  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Also...

Before everyone starts laying in, the point is I have never been asked if this track can be used. Bishop wrote nothing, myself and Paul (compulsion) co wrote the track, Bishop merely asked if he could remix it a while back, we allowed him too.

This does not give Bishop the right to licence the track to albums... please do go ahead and check this if you like... its standard music biz 101.

I have said nothing about having the track removed, merely stating that at no point was I asked, no licencing requests have been made and certainly no permission has been given.

If you are going to put albums out, at least do it properly and seek the proper permissions, also.. if you fail to do this and someone complains... have the decency to put it right.

TBH, this is typical of the hardcore 'scene', hense why tbh I have almost nothing to do with it anymore... however, I am still a business man and im not going to allow someone to dictate what they can and cant do with my music, I will protect whats mine out of principle if I have too.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/05/11 :  18:50:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by deejaybee:
TBH, this is typical of the hardcore 'scene', hense why tbh I have almost nothing to do with it anymore... however, I am still a business man and im not going to allow someone to dictate what they can and cant do with my music, I will protect whats mine out of principle if I have too.

what's so typical about the hardcore scene? That people sample eachother, or complaining about it?

Bonkers4Life: No. This is a real Zonkers situation. The only difference is that deejaybee isn't asking for removal of the track.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2012/05/11 18:51:24
Bonkers4Life
Advanced Member

Canada
972 posts
Posted - 2012/05/11 :  22:55:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bonkers4Life's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by deejaybee:
Also...

Before everyone starts laying in, the point is I have never been asked if this track can be used. Bishop wrote nothing, myself and Paul (compulsion) co wrote the track, Bishop merely asked if he could remix it a while back, we allowed him too.

This does not give Bishop the right to licence the track to albums... please do go ahead and check this if you like... its standard music biz 101.

I have said nothing about having the track removed, merely stating that at no point was I asked, no licencing requests have been made and certainly no permission has been given.

If you are going to put albums out, at least do it properly and seek the proper permissions, also.. if you fail to do this and someone complains... have the decency to put it right.

I see your point and apologise for not looking into it a little further.

Thank you for putting me straight and not asking me to remove the track from the mix.

Lesson learnt.

Ionosphere
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,750 posts
Ionosphere is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2012/05/11 :  23:55:31  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Ionosphere's homepage  Reply with quote
It's good to see an accurate and very reasonably stated point made and then accepted graciously.

No 'Zonkers' here after all then. ( and absolutely no offense intended towards Archy).

This- http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ionosphere

THIS - http://soundcloud.com/ionosphere

VIDEO - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nYWkHCkaho

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2012/05/12 :  00:07:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
Not everyone aspires to be a character from Eastenders fortunately.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2012/05/12 :  07:30:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Haven't watched Eastenders for years. Who's this Zonkers bloke then?

Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Archefluxx has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/05/12 :  07:44:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage  Reply with quote

If Bishop is permitting tracks that he doesnt have the right to, Deejaybee should be consulting Bishop rather than Steve. After all Bishop has released free a track you claim to own, and has licensed it on your behalf. If he's not referred Steve on to you, you two got some chatting to be doing about who owns what in your little arrangement.

Edited by - Archefluxx on 2012/05/12 07:55:39
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2012/05/14 :  20:53:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Be sure to listen to my mix for brand new, never heard before goodness!

JAJ

United States
49 posts
JAJ has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/05/19 :  17:42:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JAJ's homepage  Reply with quote
So I heard this is going to be released soon...oh yeah...TOMORROW!! :D

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2012/05/19 :  17:56:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
cant wait mush

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2012/05/19 :  18:51:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Did somebody say TOMORROW?

Bonkers4Life
Advanced Member

Canada
972 posts
Posted - 2012/05/20 :  06:01:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bonkers4Life's homepage  Reply with quote
Gunna have to delay it 1-2 days guys :(

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.89 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page