Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
DJ STYLUS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,661 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/11/08 :  04:09:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Huge disapointment, but still gud cus its hardcore =D

---------------------------------------------------
You Know Life, is all about expression.
You only live once, and your not coming back.
So express yourself!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
JoNtyTheSecond
Starting Member

United Kingdom
13 posts
Posted - 2002/11/08 :  05:58:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I've only just bought it this afternoon, and I've gotta say, "Distorted Overload" by DJ Ruboy Vs Markos 13 is my favourite track off the Scott Brown mix. I've not had a chance to hear the other CDs yet though.

Am I the only one who's amused by the blatently over-exaggerated cover art? :)

Six Pack Massive!

virtigo

United Kingdom
273 posts
Posted - 2002/11/08 :  06:09:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virtigo's homepage  Reply with quote
Lets no go there again! The cover can be left alone!!

I must say after listening to the Hixxy mix about 5 times now in 2 days, UFO's Breaka is seriously growing on me! Im beginning to think it may be going down the same road as Deep Inside did. Quality tune! Big up UFO!

Also Connection by UFO & MC Marley. Great stuff! I love the new Bonkers. Fully admit that Bonkers 8 is better but I dont care. I love it just as much and I'll listen it to it all the time.

New Liverpool Hardcore Event Site
http://www.scousecore.vze.com

JoNtyTheSecond
Starting Member

United Kingdom
13 posts
Posted - 2002/11/08 :  10:14:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Hay, I'm not dissing it. I actually quite like it. It's better drawn than number eight and it's humorous.

"Deep Inside" is an amazing track, I must agree.

radiokate
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
791 posts
Posted - 2002/11/09 :  04:19:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit radiokate's homepage  Reply with quote
ye man, breaka is wicked... mmm deep inside wot tunage!

Spine Tingling Sensations To Leave Your Mind Numb...

Ka*

http://www.geocities.com/hardcore_lyrics

Kaitei Hoe

virtigo

United Kingdom
273 posts
Posted - 2002/11/09 :  09:37:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virtigo's homepage  Reply with quote
Thats wot hardcore's all about Ka*! An I love it!

New Liverpool Hardcore Event Site
http://www.scousecore.vze.com

MixerMalin
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 posts
Posted - 2002/11/11 :  10:02:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i just love hixxys set you free, it rocks!

Step left, around, and together with the right

Haeobogoblin
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
505 posts

50 hardcore releases
Haeobogoblin has attended 6 events
Posted - 2002/11/11 :  10:52:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Haeobogoblin's homepage  Reply with quote
gotta get me a copy :D

"Just because I have a head shaped like an amusing pile of mashed potato, doesn't mean I'm not sophisticated"

DJ STYLUS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,661 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/11/11 :  11:08:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Wot is it with the hixxy remix to set you free, am i the only one here who h8s it????

I love dougal & Gammers fire in the sky though =P

---------------------------------------------------
You Know Life, is all about expression.
You only live once, and your not coming back.
So express yourself!

fazza
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,126 posts
fazza has donated money to the site fazza has attended 9 events
Posted - 2002/11/11 :  13:14:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit fazza's homepage  Reply with quote
na mate im not 2 keen on the set u free mix either. pains me 2 say it coz its hixxy after all and he is actually god! rest of his mix is wkd tho. on 2 sharkey... wot can i say! superb!! scott browns mix is good at the beginning up until youre shining. after that it goes all gabber and im not into all that stuff really. its not happy enough!!! overall its a good cd but no where near as good as some of the other bonkers. roll on 10!!!!

"I feel you, i want you, i know your touch is all i need, im waiting you're shining"

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/11/12 :  00:26:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage  Reply with quote
I don't like any of the older tunes on Hixxy's mix thats he's remixed, "Set u Free", "Heart Of Gold", "Field Of Dreams", and "wonderful Days" I didn't think we needed any more remixes of these tunes, especially into the "New" style of hardcore, Still Fire in the Sky is the best tune on there imo, I still stick by my original thought that bonkers 8 is way better than 9.

Sy.

Toaster1
Starting Member

United Kingdom
3 posts
Posted - 2002/11/12 :  00:58:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Does anybody have any ideas of where to buy the Bonkers 9

Edited by - Toaster1 on 2002/11/12 01:07:51
Voltage

United Kingdom
94 posts
Posted - 2002/11/12 :  04:45:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Voltage's homepage  Reply with quote
I've decided that I love the following tracks:

Connection
I'm Ready
Breaka
Oxygen
New Sensation
Neckbreaker
Heaven
Definition of a bad boy
Rock you softly
Get Hype
Like an Angel
You're Shining
Take a final breath
The beats bang
Ghosts
Hit em
Do not attempt
The Deviant
The Terrabeat

Forward to the New School.

Edited by - Voltage on 2002/11/12 04:47:11
number2301

Virgin Islands (US)
408 posts
Posted - 2002/11/12 :  08:49:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit number2301's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by fazza:
na mate im not 2 keen on the set u free mix either. pains me 2 say it coz its hixxy after all and he is actually god! rest of his mix is wkd tho. on 2 sharkey... wot can i say! superb!! scott browns mix is good at the beginning up until youre shining. after that it goes all gabber and im not into all that stuff really. its not happy enough!!! overall its a good cd but no where near as good as some of the other bonkers. roll on 10!!!!

"I feel you, i want you, i know your touch is all i need, im waiting you're shining"

Nah sorry mate, you're wrong. Its Scott Brown who's god ;)

-------------------------
Number 2301 is godverdomme het HARDSTE!

'Living in my world is easy, there is only peace, love and ... ecstacy'

atomicb
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts

60 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/11/12 :  10:34:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Got it a few days ago, just liek to start by saying I like cheese, I like certain types are foocking hard stuff (end of scott brown set ;)) and have been dj'ing for about 6 months (so i'm ok mixing together sets in my room pretty well, but put me infront of an auidnce larger then 10 friends and I'm like AHHH :S). Just saying that so you know where I'm coming from, and of couse this is all my own opnion :)

Hixxy Disk - Hmmmmm.... I really don't like it very much, and I didnt' like his mix on 8 either. Don't get me wrong, respect to the guy for being true the scene, mixing and making what he belives in but I just don't like it. I prefer (and own on vinyl) the orional heart of gold to this one, I prefer (and again own on vinyl :D) the origonal field of dreams. Oh and I love wonderful days because I've never ever heard of it before (*goes red* hey I've only really really been into the scene for about a year) but yes I'd agree it doesn't fit into that set at all, just seems rather too tacked on.

I'm trying to like it, but hmm, I'm not getting anywhere yet :)

Sharkey - Ah it's ok, it's nice, I LOVE technorocker (when will the bloody release it, it said last month and then they sneakily changed it on next gen site :() but somehow it lacks depth. Not in his mixing just the choice of tunes lack depth IMO - they all sound a bit too similar and.. well they just arn't me. But better than the hixxy disk, and I'd dance to it :)

Scott Brown - OH YES :D Takes the same philsophy as I do to the sets I try to make - start it nice and light and free, get people dancing - then hit them with the hard shit and don't let go! The hard stuff was a bit too hard at first but then I played it though big speakers and was like 'hell yeah :)' I intend to buy as many of those releases as I can on vinyl! (already have definiton of a bad boy :D)

To sum up - a good disk over all, I didn't like the hixxy disk, and I'm impartial to the sharkey disk - I do kinda miss the Sy cheese disk, but alas, thats me I love my cheese - I respect you guys who are real hardcore (oops double meaning) have proabably had enough :) The scott brown brown disk was perfect and really inspired me to raise my game for when I get my decks sorted. It really influenced my new record choices, and got me into the new school. ABove al of this, I baught this cd withough even reading the tracklist because I have faith in the bonkers tradition and wish to support my scene whenever I can :).

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.09 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page