of 13

Author Thread  
jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,682 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2012/04/07 :  10:57:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage  Reply with quote
Some people will always rationalize a reality to suit their view, rather than rationalize their view to suit reality.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2012/04/07 :  15:34:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage  Reply with quote
Problem is that works both ways. When it comes to something as subjective as personal opinion, who's to say what reality is?

Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Archefluxx has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/04/07 :  17:40:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:
Breakbeat Jon wound me up the most with his comment.

The track is all about the atmosphere, the feeling. It adds that euphoric mood. People that re-portray feeling and emotion in their works are artists. Artists are people who produce what they feel, and they put the love and time into it to make it sound good to them. They work outside of what trends. This is traveling in the opposite direction to the industry and style of music that is generating the business - and thats another thing I like about this track. Its different to they tracks produced to make money. The people who produce those tracks are more businessmen than artists.

It pains me that art is slandered as it has been. Not often these days does a melodic track with such feeling be produced with the sheer talent of Gammer and the standard of studio he works with. This isnt a random person paying 100 an hour telling someone with a studio what to do hoping that his emotion is transfered into the track by someone else. This comes directly from Gammers core. Its against the current, and thats a BIG thing for hardcore. Everyones trying to sniff out the pennies, but this is different.

When someone says he'll be pissing while the most emotive hardcore ever made is playing is an insult.
When someone says that a track that is full of raw and fresh emotion is lifeless, they are clueless. Feeling lets us know we're alive, and the glee that translates out of this track is what gives it the energy - and therefore life.

I wish people could see it that way. I like to think of myself an artist too, so I empathise with Gammer when people ignore what this track is REALLY about.

I doubt Gammer even put this much thought into the song. More seems like he thought "You know, I haven't made an oldie type song in a while, I think I'll put something together. It should be alot of fun."

I doubt he was crying for four hours, looking out his window and writing poetry before he wrote this song with his own blood.

Calling this the best hardcore track gammer has ever made is an insult to all the truly epic stuff he's done. Heaven now, The Underground, The Piano Tune, Let's all say ****, Tripod, This is the place, Crack Whore. Just to name some.

Quote me on saying this is the best thing Gammers done. Its not ********. You need to learn what art is. You have to be an artist to understand it, I guess. You're just an arsey consumer, spoilt to the core - The worst kind of person.

Dyzphazia

United Kingdom
73 posts
Posted - 2012/04/07 :  17:51:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dyzphazia's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:
You need to learn what art is. You have to be an artist to understand it, I guess. You're just an arsey consumer, spoilt to the core - The worst kind of person.

Get your head out of your arse Olly. What the **** are you even on about here? Since when do you 'need to be an artists to understand art'?

An arsey consumer, spoilt to the core? If there is a product to be bought, everyone is entitled to their opinion on to whether to pay their money for it. I think if there's the possibility of me spending money on something, I want it to be what I want. Simple as that. You've just described and semi-insulted everyone living in a currency based society. For the record, you also come under that catagory.

Seriously? Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and to debate that opinion, but shouting absolute bollocks about nothing at all? Uni that boring, brah?

http://www.facebook.com/Dyzphazia
http://muntedmonthly.wordpress.com

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2012/04/07 :  18:06:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
Very good track, but sounds really really dated. Like something from 6 years ago.

Would be nice if he made it with a newer trance style riff. Like the tracks Recon and Demand or Sy and Technikore have made together.

Guess that's why it's called Nostalgia, is looking at the past. A step backwards perhaps.

Just a pity it didn't sound like it was from 16 years ago

And i like the track, but i def don't rate it as good as some people have, but as have been said people have different tastes so some will like it more than others

MAtRiCks
Advanced Member

Canada
1,059 posts
MAtRiCks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2012/04/07 :  18:25:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MAtRiCks's homepage  Reply with quote
Why do I feel this isn't the first time Gammer's work has brought forward this kind of praise/criticism? It seems like only Gammer makes tracks worthy of such heated debates. I guess that goes to show how much he stands out of the lot.

DJ Lawlzy
Advanced Member

Canada
520 posts
DJ Lawlzy has attended 3 events
Posted - 2012/04/07 :  18:35:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Lawlzy's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by MAtRiCks:
Why do I feel this isn't the first time Gammer's work has brought forward this kind of praise/criticism? It seems like only Gammer makes tracks worthy of such heated debates. I guess that goes to show how much he stands out of the lot.

If this track was by anyone else I doubt people would be bitching this much lol

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2012/04/07 :  18:35:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
I don't think this is a praise/criticism situation.
Although a lot of people enjoyed it, some say they mildly disliked the song, or say it was just okay. Archefluxx is taking it out of proportion.
I don't think one person has yet posted saying they genuinely hate the song.

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2012/04/07 :  18:37:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
Don't all tracks receive both praise and criticism? This seemed like a pretty normal topic until Archefluxx came in and melodramaticised everything.

Then again, im not saying that doesn't happen with Gammer. You & I, anybody?

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

Edited by - Dys7 on 2012/04/07 18:44:38
cruelcore1
Advanced Member

Croatia (Hrvatska)
1,485 posts
Posted - 2012/04/07 :  18:55:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit cruelcore1's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Lawlzy:
quote:

I agree lol. He could have kept on giving into people's demands, but now it's too late.

DJ Lawlzy
Advanced Member

Canada
520 posts
DJ Lawlzy has attended 3 events
Posted - 2012/04/07 :  19:04:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Lawlzy's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by cruelcore1:
quote:
quote:

I agree lol. He could have kept on giving into people's demands, but now it's too late.

He shouldn't though, you can't feed people's demands 24/7, sometimes you gotta do something that YOU wanna do. I'm sure that's what he was doing here. If he was looking to make a huge dancefloor slammer, he'd have made a totally different track.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/04/07 :  19:32:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

He shouldn't though, you can't feed people's demands 24/7, sometimes you gotta do something that YOU wanna do. I'm sure that's what he was doing here. If he was looking to make a huge dancefloor slammer, he'd have made a totally different track.

Exactly! Those that do meet the demands of what their "fans" want usually get the majority of the criticism on here.

cruelcore1
Advanced Member

Croatia (Hrvatska)
1,485 posts
Posted - 2012/04/07 :  20:05:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit cruelcore1's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Exactly. Though, he makes "dancefloor slammers" too. That's what made him so damn guilty, and some people will never forgive him.

quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Exactly! Those that do meet the demands of what their "fans" want usually get the majority of the criticism on here.

Oldskool?
I always hear about oldskool on this site. But how come it brings so little money, despite people desperately wanting those styles?

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2012/04/07 :  21:11:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Right. I'm sorry, i really tried but i can't hold it in any longer!

Wasn't going to comment but my bollocks-ometer was going mad.

My opinion as an arsey consumer probably doesn't count but i'll try and be constructive

What we have here is a good track that sounds better than A LOT of what i've heard in ages. The individual elements are fantastic and all meet with my approval.

BUT, i do reckon it suffers from a loss of energy at the drop as has been said before. Suppose that's what you get when you have a different (in this case MASSIVE) riff in the build up to the one in the drop - and that drop does dilute things slightly. I'd have been happier with 2 tunes sharing all that lot between them.

Yes i'd buy it because it still stands out from some of the utter dross out there, but if the music in general was stronger it'd just be Gammer's new tune.

He's been in my top 3 or 4 favourite artists since very early on and remains so, this doesn't change that.

More important than any of that though, just look at the response to the tune. It's great that people are discussing it so passionately. AND, if anybody needs a little reminder of the power of this style of Hardcore, look no further....

Now, please excuse me. I'm going to sit in a darkened room and carve the lyrics to You're shining into my buttocks with a broken 12".

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/04/07 :  21:19:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:

Now, please excuse me. I'm going to sit in a darkened room and carve the lyrics to You're shining into my buttocks with a broken 12".

Is that the type of party the missus planned for your birthday?

I can only imagine what the 2 of you consider foreplay lol

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 13 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ... 9  10  11  12  13
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.92 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page