Page: 
of 13

Author Thread  
NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
NekoShuffle has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/04/12 :  12:30:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:
If a client tells me my work is shit, I would ask why it's shit and what I can do to change it in order to be paid.
If a boss tells me my work is shit, I would ask why its shit and what I can do to change it in order to be paid.
If a load of keyboard bashers say a track is shit, I would ask why it's shit and tell them they're wrong with little threat of them taking more time arguing back than writing "its shit" in the first place. The fact you've said a track is shit and then written essays and spent the time dissecting my posts indicates your worth on a hardcore forum is very little, and your capacity to ramble and engage in debate great. Why are you even here? If you dismiss tracks without expecting anything different, why are you even here? You are of as much worth as Smoogie... you just leave less threads.

You cant tell someone they're not acting their age because they're whining too much, when you are replying and breaking up posts - post for post. You make yourself sound contradicting. You just love typing that much, huh? Its a wonder when you love typing so much that you can ever leave for a month before returning to type some more...

And I'm afraid your wrong again, I was annual captain of my team for the 08-09 season, I have no idea how my swimming impacts this at all.

Done typing yet?
Perhaps you'd prefer to go and listen to some hardcore you actually like. You've had a listen to this, you've left your pointless nonconstructive comment, and you've had your contradictory troll posts. This is swaying off topic, and I've made my point clear and concise. You're writing just to have the last word, and I'm perfectly happy to refuse you that privilege. However, if any admins want to pull their finger out of their arses and close a thread that's gone off topic, feel free, instead of leaving useless popcorn gifs - Rowan. Very helpful. Nice one.

"Keyboard bashers"? What's next, "fcUK aLL dA HaTeRz"?

Olly, you've become what you once hated. You've stooped to Breeze-level comments & immaturity, and that's pretty damn low indeed.

People don't like the track you like - get over it. What happened to the "freedom to make comments" ideology you used to preach? Or is that only applicable when you agree with said comments? Some people have said this track is "shit" and some people have gone into detail as to why they don't like it. There's no need to carry on moaning and meta-shitposting just because you can't fathom someone doesn't like something you think is a masterpiece.

What happened to your common sense? Just stop already, you're getting embarassing to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYiyx0GS0qs - NekoShuffle's Kandycast Episode #1 - The best of 2011 Happy Hardcore!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJ-Hutchy

United Kingdom
355 posts
DJ-Hutchy has attended 1 event
Posted - 2012/04/12 :  13:56:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Hutchy's homepage  Reply with quote
I Like Modulate & Gammers Speakers!!!

"Just Saying" :P

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
8,856 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 7 events
Posted - 2012/04/12 :  17:07:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ-Hutchy:

Please refrain from going offtopic. Keep those post to "We Killed the Rave" threads :)

http://www.mixcloud.com/Samination/
http://soundcloud.com/samination
---------------------------------------------

DJ-Hutchy

United Kingdom
355 posts
DJ-Hutchy has attended 1 event
Posted - 2012/04/12 :  17:55:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Hutchy's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by DJ-Hutchy:

Please refrain from going offtopic. Keep those post to "We Killed the Rave" threads :)

Hahahaaaa :)

Andy_Influx
Advanced Member

Australia
2,403 posts
Andy_Influx has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/04/13 :  10:45:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Andy_Influx's homepage  Reply with quote
Skipped through most of the track.

Much like i did with this thread.

Breakbeat Jon
Average Member

United Kingdom
223 posts
Breakbeat Jon has attended 4 events
Posted - 2012/04/13 :  11:01:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Breakbeat Jon's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Sigh...

I dont know why I ever bother with this forum. I honestly believe that people like lurker and Breakbeat Jon don't know what they're talking about, but Lilley's just an idiot.

I'll repeat my apology made earlier on in the thread. I'm sorry oh great Archefluxx, he that knows all that is good in hardcore for not liking the same tune as you. I'm sorry this one particular Gammer tune failed to have the same effect on me as it did on you. Please forgive me for my trangressions, I'll promise I'll never have an opinion again.

Breakbeat Jon
Average Member

United Kingdom
223 posts
Breakbeat Jon has attended 4 events
Posted - 2012/04/13 :  11:12:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Breakbeat Jon's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Yet another track that sounds completely lifeless when the kick comes in.

Not constructive

Sort of tune I could go for a piss or to the bar when the breakdown comes in

Wtf Not Constructive

I thought it was shit. I'm sure it's got to notch production or whatever. But **** it was boring.

--

What are you talking about?

People decide to make stupid pointless comments without any backing at all, I go off on one. I admitted I went too far, but hell, why not?
My post is of no less worth than 'Its lifeless, its shit, i need a wee'. They're dismissing a track that would have taken weeks. Im more than happy to attack a post that took about 15 seconds.

I was pointing out that the breakdown goes on far to long for me, and demonstrated that by suggesting I could go for a slash or to the bar and get back to the dancefloor by the time it ended. Which to be honest, is good time management at a rave, as I get to dance to all the stuff I like and get all the other things like pissing out of the way whilst some people enjoy the most intense spiritual moment of there life to that breakdown. Which is great for them, but as i've previously said, music is subjective and this doesn't do it for me.

ponder

United Kingdom
90 posts
ponder is verified hardcore artist ponder has attended 4 events
Posted - 2012/04/21 :  13:44:02  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit ponder's homepage  Reply with quote
Some great stuff in this thread.

"I use studio-quality speakers" - flat response then. Ideal for producing but wont glorify music when listening.

"Recon was under Hixxy's wing" - I actually LOL'd a little bit. He was part of Ultrabeat long before then, a bigger selling act than any Hardcore artist at the time.

Anyway, don't let a little naivety get in the way of a good discussion... carry on ;)

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,832 posts
_Jay_ has attended 29 events
Posted - 2013/02/10 :  15:21:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
Thumpa dropped this at Hard Beats on Friday. Second time I've heard it played out now. The affect it has on the dance floor is massive.

DJ Hellfury
Advanced Member

Austria
2,169 posts
Posted - 2013/02/10 :  15:59:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Hellfury's homepage  Reply with quote
Just read the some pages before and I have to admit that I missed an opportunity to throw huge amounts of popcorn.

Anyway, I'm not fully constructive about this tune (since i don't know much about music production itself) - even thought I'm a huge fan from him in the past - but it rather takes a long time to build-up, it has no vocals, the melody is soporific and compared to his tunes when he started his label it is rather... fungible.

It's good for him to make a step back to his origins in one tune, but, imo., he should have made some more effort to surprise me on this one.

Soundcloud, Mixcloud, Youtube: DJHellfury

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,054 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2013/02/10 :  17:05:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
Thumpa dropped this at Hard Beats on Friday. Second time I've heard it played out now. The affect it has on the dance floor is massive.

Did you 'hnnff'?

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
5,781 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2013/02/10 :  17:30:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

Did you 'hnnff'?

I'm sure he hnnff'd alright. But I doubt it had anything to do with the song...

And Hellfury I'll be sure to relay the message to Gammer directly that the next track he does he focuses on making you have a raging boner and screw the rest of the world.

Cool if you don't like the track, but to make it sound like he has to make sure that you an individual amongst tens of thousands of his fans is satisfied is pretty f**king hilarious.

Personally I love the track, I love that it has no vocals as vocal-less true UK Hardcore tracks are extremely scarce these days. I've heard it twice already, maybe even 3 times if he played it in Toronto I can't remember, and it is always a crowd pleaser.

DJ Hellfury
Advanced Member

Austria
2,169 posts
Posted - 2013/02/10 :  17:40:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Hellfury's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
And Hellfury I'll be sure to relay the message to Gammer directly that the next track he does he focuses on making you have a raging boner and screw the rest of the world.

Cool if you don't like the track, but to make it sound like he has to make sure that you an individual amongst tens of thousands of his fans is satisfied is pretty f**king hilarious.

latin, you are overeacting on a huge level and speculate some weird stuff, don't you think? :)

I just think his tunes arent as powerful and brillant as they used to be; he should stick to freeform more instead, but that's just my opinion since I like freeform instead of some "effect-showcase-tunes".

Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
981 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 49 events
Posted - 2013/02/10 :  17:42:24  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage  Reply with quote
I think its a great track, its a great track that you can drop in a freeform set or a cheesy set and it bridges the styles nicely, plus every time I play it the dancefloor goes mental even if they don't know it...its just a brilliant piece of music. The 2nd breakdown has great violins and loads of atmosphere, its just perfect.

DJ Hellfury
Advanced Member

Austria
2,169 posts
Posted - 2013/02/10 :  17:59:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Hellfury's homepage  Reply with quote
Sorry for the bad quality (it's some clip from an unfinished (?) tune someone send me over MSN some years ago) but thats what i meant with powerful

Edited by - DJ Hellfury on 2013/02/10 18:00:52

Topic is 13 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 8  9  10  11  12  13
 Printer friendly

Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.38 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2014 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page