Total online 1505
 Radio listeners 152+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 DJ's no longer allowed to play Archefluxx tracks?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 6

Author Thread  
Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2012/04/18 :  17:51:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dyzphazia:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I'm not exactly adding anything substanial(?)

There's substance to this thread? O.o

You're not helping by bumping it whenever we finally stop talking.

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Dyzphazia

United Kingdom
73 posts
Posted - 2012/04/18 :  17:54:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dyzphazia's homepage  Reply with quote
Neither are you by continuing.

But its ****ing hilarious either way... I didn't say that there wasn't any value, just no substance.

http://www.facebook.com/Dyzphazia
http://muntedmonthly.wordpress.com

Archefluxx
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,112 posts
Archefluxx has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/04/19 :  01:36:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Archefluxx's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah I'd say the issue is resolved
Lane 3 is off, but I won't be pursuing the ekkotekk one - as it does use a lot of samples I dont own.

Edited by - Archefluxx on 2012/04/19 01:37:21
ponder

United Kingdom
109 posts
ponder is verified hardcore artist ponder has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/04/21 :  13:20:24  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit ponder's homepage  Reply with quote
I just read the USH thread, where loads of people posting in this thread were slagging off USH.

Then I read this thread, and it reminds me of USH. Genius.

Generally childish stuff over nothing of real importance.

A few nuggets to add:
An artist retains full copyright of their work even if it's given away for free. So, for example, I'd have loved to have included something like 'Nightdrive' by Metrik on Breaking Free, as it's fantastic and was given away for free, but I'd still have to license it through the correct channels to do so. Therefore, if you've uploaded a high quality mix (say 320k or above) then Archefluxx is within his rights, legally, to request its removal.

That said, that would be pretty anal.

I tried to read Neko Shuffle's Twitter page but it had a Hello Kitty background, so now I can't decide if he's a 7 year old girl (my girlfriend's niece is obsessed with Hello Kitty) or it's a page set-up to entice 7 year old girls. I guess playing music with Pokemon samples would fit the bill.

I digress...

This all seems like school yard bickering to me.
"He called me an idiot so he can't play my music."
"Well, he said I can't play his music so I'm going to post on happyhardcore.com about it."
And so on...

Trust me, from experience, you'll look back on this discussion in a few years time and cringe, wondering why you acted like such benders over something that, in the grand scheme of things, is not really that significant.

Shake hands, make up, play Pokemon together or whatever, and trust that in the long run, discussions like this are doing neither of you any favours whatsoever.
Everyone has an opinion and the right to express it, but if you are over-zealous in doing so, which Olly can be at times, then it's other people perception of you that changes, not their own opinions. Discussion is great, even ranting is great at times, but a bit of civility never went amiss. :)

P.S. I don't really think Neko is on a Twitter grooming mission, I just find grown adults who are in to Hello Kitty and Pokemon a bit... strange.

P.P.S. Breaking Free is out on Friday. Thanks.

P.P.P.S. MC Stixman.

Edited by - ponder on 2012/04/21 13:23:56
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2012/04/21 :  13:22:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Trust me, from experience, you'll look back on this discussion in a few years time and cringe, wondering why you acted like such benders over something that, in the grand scheme of things, is not really that significant.

I'm already cringing.

ponder

United Kingdom
109 posts
Posted - 2012/04/21 :  13:25:11  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit ponder's homepage  Reply with quote
So am I. Mainly as I just noticed the profile under my avatar:
"New member - joined 2002".

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2012/04/21 :  13:30:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by ponder:
I tried to read Neko Shuffle's Twitter page but it had a Hello Kitty background, so now I can't decide if he's a 7 year old girl (my girlfriend's niece is obsessed with Hello Kitty) or it's a page set-up to entice 7 year old girls. I guess playing music with Pokemon samples would fit the bill.

You only like something that boosts your street credibility?

ponder

United Kingdom
109 posts
Posted - 2012/04/21 :  13:50:29  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit ponder's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by whispering:
quote:

Yes. I listen to Skrillex, wear fake glasses and own a complete range of designer plimsoles.
In other news, congratulations on completely overlooking the jovial nature of my post.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/04/21 :  14:28:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes. I listen to Skrillex, wear fake glasses and own a complete range of designer plimsoles.
In other news, congratulations on completely overlooking the jovial nature of my post.

happens quite a bit on here. altho I'm sure Whispering probably saw some offense to that since he is a man in his late 20s who is obsessed with k-pop girl groups, which there is absolutely nothing wrong with that unless he tries to dress like one lol

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2012/04/21 :  14:48:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
These foreigners always struggle with banter and sarcasm

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
Posted - 2012/04/21 :  16:33:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Though didn't change my view on the paragraph.

quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
happens quite a bit on here. altho I'm sure Whispering probably saw some offense to that since he is a man in his late 20s who is obsessed with k-pop girl groups, which there is absolutely nothing wrong with that unless he tries to dress like one lol

Dude, you hurt my feelings. The Scots wear skirts too.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/04/21 :  16:45:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

quote:

Yes but they're at least knee length, can't say the same thing about yours o_O

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/04/21 :  17:05:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

quote:

That doesn't take away the reason they (are supposed to) wear NOTHING under it

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/04/21 :  18:02:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

At least you will not feel a surprise, if you put your hand under a Scottish skirt. Try this in Asia.

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
Posted - 2012/04/21 :  18:06:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

At least you will not feel a surprise, if you put your hand under a Scottish skirt. Try this in Asia.

Kinda takes the fun of it if you ask Jay.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.56 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page