Raver's online
 Total online 234
 Radio listeners 277+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

  Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Local Hardcore Djs
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Tastetherainobw
Junior Member



United States
105 posts
Joined: Dec, 2011
Posted - 2012/05/26 :  13:35:27  Show profile Send a private message
Around where I'm from we have all of 10-15 regularly preforming hardcore djs. I love them all and they all mix very well, but I'm getting tired of the particular forms of hardcore they play. There really isn't that much diversity in there sets. Nothing new or out there is played. It's not that I'm getting tired of hardcore (that will never happen) It's just the music they're playing.

Now for a question. Around where your from are you getting the same thing? Or is it mainly where I'm from?

Almost no freeform, or gabber, or any other off shoot of the main genre.


Alert moderator
Torpex
Advanced Member



Poland
776 posts
Joined: Nov, 2005
Torpex has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/05/26 :  15:39:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Torpex's homepage
What music do they play then? :)



Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member



Sweden
9,097 posts
Joined: Jul, 2004


195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 8 events
Posted - 2012/05/26 :  16:27:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
10 to 15 DJs? that's what Sweden has in total :P

Most of the Hardcore played here is either industrial or gabber.


__________________________________
---------------------------------------------
Samination, Swedish Hardcore DJ
http://samination.se/
http://www.mixcloud.com/Samination/
http://soundcloud.com/samination
---------------------------------------------




Alert moderator Go to top of page
D-tor
Advanced Member



United States
1,138 posts
Joined: Sep, 2009
Posted - 2012/05/26 :  16:31:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit D-tor's homepage
Lucky you, where in the states do you live?



Alert moderator Go to top of page
Tastetherainobw
Junior Member



United States
105 posts
Joined: Dec, 2011
Posted - 2012/05/26 :  16:32:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Tastetherainobw's homepage
I'm just getting a little bored with all happy hardcore in a set. Generally we only have one seto f hardcore at a party and I wish they just mixed it up a little.



Alert moderator Go to top of page
Righteous9
Advanced Member



United States
1,487 posts
Joined: Jun, 2004
Righteous9 has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/05/26 :  16:38:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Righteous9's homepage
I spin Rave Breaks (Oldskool/Nu-Rave), nobody spins those in Chicago..., so don't be frightened... Mostly Hardstyle/Dub-Step over here..., the only real Underground we get over here is http://www.acen.org , that's really why I don't Rave too much...
http://www.facebook.com/DJGhostly , if you're interested... =)


__________________________________
http://www.twitter.com/DJ_Ghostly
http://www.soundcloud.com/DJ_Ghostly
http://www.mixcloud.com/DJ_Ghostly
http://www.facebook.com/matthew.djghostly.mccoy
http://www.rapfamily.info
"I Sold My Soul for a IMO Hardcore Pack!"


Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Righteous9 on 2012/05/26 16:39:34
Righteous9
Advanced Member



United States
1,487 posts
Joined: Jun, 2004
Righteous9 has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/05/26 :  16:45:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Righteous9's homepage
I know a Kid who Spins out your way, but he spins Dub-Step too, DJ Kabz (Keith)..., he comes to Chicago, too, in fact I went to one of his parties on NYE!, I'm just good friends with him, not that I like the Genre, although, it gets respect! =)

__________________________________
http://www.twitter.com/DJ_Ghostly
http://www.soundcloud.com/DJ_Ghostly
http://www.mixcloud.com/DJ_Ghostly
http://www.facebook.com/matthew.djghostly.mccoy
http://www.rapfamily.info
"I Sold My Soul for a IMO Hardcore Pack!"


Alert moderator Go to top of page
Warnman
Advanced Member



Germany
2,583 posts
Joined: Jun, 2010
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/05/26 :  17:48:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage
The only DJ in my area, who spins Happy Hardcore must be DJ Himax and he's a bedroom DJ.

In the popular club U60311 in Frankfurt once in a while they have Gabba nights, but I don't know if any of these DJs are from the Frankfurt-area. This club will be closed down by local authorities in a few weeks as well.


__________________________________
Ravers unite!

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)


Alert moderator Go to top of page
latininxtc
Advanced Member



United States
6,115 posts
Joined: Feb, 2006
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/05/26 :  18:15:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Tastetherainobw:
Around where I'm from we have all of 10-15 regularly preforming hardcore djs. I love them all and they all mix very well, but I'm getting tired of the particular forms of hardcore they play. There really isn't that much diversity in there sets. Nothing new or out there is played. It's not that I'm getting tired of hardcore (that will never happen) It's just the music they're playing.

Now for a question. Around where your from are you getting the same thing? Or is it mainly where I'm from?

Almost no freeform, or gabber, or any other off shoot of the main genre.



We're in the US we're never gonna hear anything as diverse as gabber, freeform or even hardcore breaks. Every dj plays it safe here. Even when I went to see Kevin Energy in TN last year he was told for his hardcore set to play more hardcore and less freeform. It was still an amazing set, but I sure wish he was allowed to do a whole freeform set.

Also didn't a few DJs get criticized for playing that minimal/electro/dub core stuff at a Phoenix event? Not sure if it was DS, Breeze, Hixxy or all 3 of them that got slagged for it.


Alert moderator Go to top of page
Tastetherainobw
Junior Member



United States
105 posts
Joined: Dec, 2011
Posted - 2012/05/26 :  20:40:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Tastetherainobw's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by D-tor:
Lucky you, where in the states do you live?



Pittsburgh.



Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member



Sweden
9,097 posts
Joined: Jul, 2004


195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 8 events
Posted - 2012/05/27 :  06:27:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Also didn't a few DJs get criticized for playing that minimal/electro/dub core stuff at a Phoenix event? Not sure if it was DS, Breeze, Hixxy or all 3 of them that got slagged for it.



wow. Not that I like that they (the "ravers") only wants the older stuff, but thank god if they really slagged them off :)


__________________________________
---------------------------------------------
Samination, Swedish Hardcore DJ
http://samination.se/
http://www.mixcloud.com/Samination/
http://soundcloud.com/samination
---------------------------------------------


Alert moderator Go to top of page
latininxtc
Advanced Member



United States
6,115 posts
Joined: Feb, 2006
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/05/27 :  06:57:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Also didn't a few DJs get criticized for playing that minimal/electro/dub core stuff at a Phoenix event? Not sure if it was DS, Breeze, Hixxy or all 3 of them that got slagged for it.



wow. Not that I like that they (the "ravers") only wants the older stuff, but thank god if they really slagged them off :)



well it's not exactly that they like the "older" material, it's just that the majority of the ravers in the US don't really keep up with current trends and whatnot so showcasing all your new stuff will just leave them confused and empty. When Gammer played here in Houston last year he still threw down Wii Go Crazy, a track that's 3 years old. S3RL played a whole set of nothing but his tracks, and most of it was a few years old. Also they prefer the general sound of mainstream UK Hardcore it's pretty rare to hear something off labels like HU.


Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member



Sweden
9,097 posts
Joined: Jul, 2004


195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 8 events
Posted - 2012/05/27 :  08:07:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Other than what happened to DJ DNA (was that in the UK?), has anyone been booed out for playing too much newer/different styles? Considering that the US is large, some people should be able to play all kinds somewhere?

__________________________________
---------------------------------------------
Samination, Swedish Hardcore DJ
http://samination.se/
http://www.mixcloud.com/Samination/
http://soundcloud.com/samination
---------------------------------------------


Alert moderator Go to top of page
Hard2Get
Advanced Member



United Kingdom
12,143 posts
Joined: Jun, 2001
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2012/05/27 :  12:42:00  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Other than what happened to DJ DNA (was that in the UK?), has anyone been booed out for playing too much newer/different styles? Considering that the US is large, some people should be able to play all kinds somewhere?



No that makes it worse. Far more segregation of far less Hardcore fans than in the UK. That means they are only going to be aware of the most obvious stuff and there is no room for specialist sets.


Alert moderator Go to top of page
Lilley
Advanced Member



Australia
3,719 posts
Joined: Jul, 2006
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2012/05/27 :  14:43:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Tastetherainobw:
It's not that I'm getting tired of hardcore (that will never happen)


Give it time, honey. Even the pope got sick of his hand over the years I reckon.


__________________________________
nearly in line....
.....strange continuity problems


Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member



Sweden
9,097 posts
Joined: Jul, 2004


195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 8 events
Posted - 2012/05/27 :  14:59:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Other than what happened to DJ DNA (was that in the UK?), has anyone been booed out for playing too much newer/different styles? Considering that the US is large, some people should be able to play all kinds somewhere?



No that makes it worse. Far more segregation of far less Hardcore fans than in the UK. That means they are only going to be aware of the most obvious stuff and there is no room for specialist sets.



i kinda hate doing "specialist" mixes. I like a varied mix of hardcore styles, so my mixes should correspond to that.


__________________________________
---------------------------------------------
Samination, Swedish Hardcore DJ
http://samination.se/
http://www.mixcloud.com/Samination/
http://soundcloud.com/samination
---------------------------------------------


Alert moderator Go to top of page



Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
 
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.38 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

    

1999 - 2014 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page