Printer friendly
Page: 
of 10

Author Thread  
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2012/11/30 :  20:57:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Josephson_Junction:
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:
Lorenzo, stop talking bollocks. You really have no idea of the complete bollocks you talk.

I think all he meant was that there are only a few people on here who think like that, while what Gammer said implied that our entire userbase is like that ("Happyhardcore.com is all like").

quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
Hardcore producers seem to have a chronic phobia of negative feedback in any form.

I imagine there can be a bit of an internalized backlash when the feedback received is negative and nonconstructive. Although if you're saying that there are some that dislike negative feedback entirely, you're right (not saying Gammer falls into that category; I can't say if he does or not).

Edit: Just to clarify, by "negative feedback" I mean "feedback that points out possible problems."

I agree principally but there's usually a lot more people expanding on why they don't like a track than there are just saying "it's shit" so I'm shocked by how insecure some of these producers are that they feel the need to pick a fight with that minority (arguably also the worst group of people to pick a fight with on the internet, by the by). Either that or they interpret all negative comments as blanket "haterism" and respond accordingly.

I suppose that's just the thing about incestuous scenes where everyone wants something from/has something wanted by everyone else, the guys at the top adjust to a fluffier existence largely free of criticism and, over time, come to expect it.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2012/11/30 :  20:58:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Dopeman:
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
i love u dopey

Does your name come from the NWA tune Dopeman? Love that track.

The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2012/11/30 :  21:10:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
Originally posted by The Dopeman:
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
i love u dopey

Does your name come from the NWA tune Dopeman? Love that track.

i dunno i can't remember how i got the name "dopey" i think it has something to do with snow white (i used to watch it all the time when i first started smoking grass) i got the name "The Dopeman" after having a major night of gettin wasted with a few mates and pretty much smoked them under the table lol

Lorenzo.Tweakn
Advanced Member

United States
1,327 posts
Lorenzo.Tweakn has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/11/30 :  21:13:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lorenzo.Tweakn's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dante:
quote:
Originally posted by Lorenzo.Tweakn:
i go to a private christian university; so i've learned to literally laugh at most ignorance.

Could you elaborate on this?

Are you a christian laughing at the ignorance of atheists? If you are an atheist laughing at the ignorance of christians, why do you go to a christian private university?

Please note that I'm not attacking you, I'm just confused about what you were trying to convey.

i'm a christian humanist(i'm open to other beliefs, views on life, etc), christians are all different; some are alot less strict than others. i laugh at the ways their "old fashion" & "strict" views on life. a few of the students are very sheltered and never have delt with an a person like me(asperger's,metrosexual, kandi kid, etc) so i laugh at how certain people treat me like i'm some freak because i'm different. it's easier just to find the humor instead of get angry.

Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/11/30 :  22:03:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage  Reply with quote
I love to notice how the young crowd pushes the old farts over the cliff...

That's a true evidence of a scene shaking off unnecessary ballast and trying to inflame.
Hardcore owns the future!

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)

Edited by - Warnman on 2012/11/30 22:07:19
MaidenV

United States
288 posts
Posted - 2012/11/30 :  22:51:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MaidenV's homepage  Reply with quote
But Brisk can stay because he still rules

Shades
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,189 posts
Posted - 2012/11/30 :  23:13:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Shades's homepage  Reply with quote
wtf is a metrosexual? do you shag french trains?

just kidding dude

Josephson_Junction
Advanced Member

United States
512 posts
Posted - 2012/11/30 :  23:34:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Josephson_Junction's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:

That's a true evidence of a scene shaking off unnecessary ballast and trying to inflame.

What bothers me is that Gammer still has some creativity in him. How much of it is he utilizing? I don't know, but it's still apparent in his tunes.

quote:
Originally posted by Shades:

At least he doesn't shag Swiss trains, because then he would have to deal with FART.

Shades
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,189 posts
Posted - 2012/11/30 :  23:45:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Shades's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Shades:

At least he doesn't shag Swiss trains, because then he would have to deal with FART.

surely, that would depend on which tunnel he entered

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2012/12/01 :  00:20:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
The trouble with topics like this is that you can expect a lot of people to suddenly alter their opinions or take a far more conservative viewpoint. Most hardcore producers and DJs aren't gonna get vocal about someone who has strong and direct influence over their ability to progress any further in the seeeeen.

That's not meant at anyone, it was just a general comment. And even anyone it applies to, I understand their perspective, not asking the collective to commit mass scenicide for the sake of it.

Sure would be sweet to have a Soundcloud feature that separates genuine comments from those written to fulfill a mandatory quota of sucking dick though.

Edited by - Elliott on 2012/12/01 00:23:23
Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/12/01 :  00:41:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

What bothers me is that Gammer still has some creativity in him. How much of it is he utilizing? I don't know, but it's still apparent in his tunes.

Kindly try to persuade him to do show his creavity more frequently and not only in one of 50 tracks like others seem to tried to tell him and receive the blame. I understood that this is the only reason why this thread was started: old rotting farts still thinking they smell like roses (and Gammer is not the only one! Other producers better should fasten their seat belts as well).

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)

Edited by - Warnman on 2012/12/01 00:42:59
Josephson_Junction
Advanced Member

United States
512 posts
Posted - 2012/12/01 :  00:55:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Josephson_Junction's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

Kindly try to persuade him to do show his creavity more frequently and not only in one of 50 tracks like others seem to tried to tell him and receive the blame. I understood that this is the only reason why this thread was started: old rotting farts still thinking they smell like roses (and Gammer is not the only one! Other producers better should fasten their seat belts as well).

I guess the impression Ambient Angels left on me was greater than I initially thought.

Edited by - Josephson_Junction on 2012/12/01 01:48:36
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2012/12/01 :  01:01:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
Regardless of what he said (I have no idea what it was), he is allowed to have an opinion and it's as simple as that really. Who cares what he thinks of this site? It's understandable anyway given the personal nature of the last comment i read about him.

quote:

Do you mean Gammer? Gammer isn't old and he's not been in the scene that long compared to the most of the big names.

Edit: I just saw what he said from the first page. I can't believe anyone actually cares about that. It's not even offensive.
quote:
Hardcore producers seem to have a chronic phobia of negative feedback in any form

Maybe. He is allowed to have an opinion too though isn't he. Especially if someone is rude about his music (rudeness and criticism are different things)? I agree some people really can't handle criticism but i don't think what he said is a reflection of that.
quote:
Gotta say, it seems like Gammer's underground music success has well and truly gone to his head now and made him into a complete tool. Although I reckon that started a long time ago.

I think it's impossible to say unless you've spoken to him for long enough face to face. He may even have a different attitude to what he had before but he's dealing with scene all the time and criticism all the time and i guess after a while you just stop giving a shit what people think anymore. I think people are forgetting that he is human like everyone else.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2012/12/01 01:16:47
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2012/12/01 :  01:47:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
Regardless of what he said (I have no idea what it was), he is allowed to have an opinion and it's as simple as that really. Who cares what he thinks of this site? It's understandable anyway given the personal nature of the last comment i read about him.

quote:

Do you mean Gammer? Gammer isn't old and he's not been in the scene that long compared to the most of the big names.

Edit: I just saw what he said from the first page. I can't believe anyone actually cares about that. It's not even offensive.
quote:
Hardcore producers seem to have a chronic phobia of negative feedback in any form

Maybe. He is allowed to have an opinion too though isn't he. Especially if someone is rude about his music (rudeness and criticism are different things)? I agree some people really can't handle criticism but i don't think what he said is a reflection of that.
quote:
Gotta say, it seems like Gammer's underground music success has well and truly gone to his head now and made him into a complete tool. Although I reckon that started a long time ago.

I think it's impossible to say unless you've spoken to him for long enough face to face. He may even have a different attitude to what he had before but he's dealing with scene all the time and criticism all the time and i guess after a while you just stop giving a shit what people think anymore. I think people are forgetting that he is human like everyone else.

I agree in theory. The way I see it, though, we don't live in a world where the blows are always cushioned so I think it's the responsibility of any kind of artist releasing their work to the public to develop a thick, non-reactive skin (and he's had more than enough time to do it in). In an ideal world, yeah, we'd all be removing the need for it by making our criticism just the right balance of honest and respectful but as it stands, he can only change one person: himself.

Besides, I think people do have a certain "right" (loose sense of the word) to criticise, even in an extremely harsh way, any artform by anyone who makes a living from attempting to sell that artform to us. Not really sure why I'm defending the "fuck everything" brigade tbh, cos I'm pretty sure they don't have or want a good reason for doing it. It just seemed like the marginally more interesting side of the debate to fall on.

My comments about Gammer specifically definitely weren't based on this, it was just a gun-to-my-head assessment of him as a person based on weighing up my limited knowledge. Stuff like the things he posts on his Facebook page, hearing interviews etc., can't really stand behind that appraisal though!

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2012/12/01 :  02:17:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
Everyone has a right to say what they want yeah, but so does Gammer. Given how mild the comment was.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2012/12/01 02:18:39

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 10 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.9 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page