of 2

Author Thread  
strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/11/24 :  17:03:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nick of Blaze!:
Would you suffer pop mixes if it meant getting your hardcore on CD singles?

F*** waiting for the official poll, here's my answer: YOU CAN BET YOUR LEFT NUT I WOULD!!!

Of course, I'd expect a CD single cost significantly less than vinyl, but I would love to have the choice of formats, even if it means having to press the [>>] button on the player to get past the pop mixes.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Nick of Blaze!
Average Member

United Kingdom
196 posts
Nick of Blaze! is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/11/24 :  22:01:54  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Nick of Blaze!'s homepage  Reply with quote
OK thats cool,

CandyAss: Ta !

Silver: Ta ! Will be interesting.

Strychnine: Cheaper? Yes. Other formats: Of course, most definately.

Had three mails on this subject. I meant CD Singles as well as dedicated vinyl like we always do. No, the vinyl wouldn't have the other mixes, and we realise that vinyl is essential so the CD's wouldn't sacrifice the plastic.

Where possible, CD singles would maybe include a video and/or extra footage.

Actually, we're looking at producing DVD singles, I don't think that's been done before.

Cheers

Nick.

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/11/24 :  23:07:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage  Reply with quote
^^ DVD single? While I'm supportive of the idea, wouldn't DVD (as a format) be overkill for a single? Don't get me wrong, I'd probably buy it, but it just seems to me that, with so much space and potential for features, it'd be more appropriate for an album or compilation of some kind (nudge-nudge-wink-wink ... take a hint, Nick )

Nick of Blaze!
Average Member

United Kingdom
196 posts
Nick of Blaze! is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/11/25 :  08:52:59  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Nick of Blaze!'s homepage  Reply with quote
LOL....

Album is in the pipeline believe me.

DVD single sounds OTT but I want a video on there. I know we could do an enhanced CD but you gotta use computers and stuff so we're thinking of a DVD with more stuff on. Interviews, video, footage, and bonus tracks.

Still chewing the fat over this.

Cheers

nick.

domainraver

Canada
76 posts
Posted - 2002/11/27 :  02:04:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit domainraver's homepage  Reply with quote
(back to h2b hc)

The mixing is definately off on the Bonkers cds as well (hixxy bonkers 1.. there s few spots ouch!) but the mixing is a bit more exciting, not the same boring style.

the point is, i can remember i was so happy when they announced that the last happy 2b hc cd was going to be the LAST one.... and now they release this!

Lats face it, there are about a zillion better djs that could mix this cd and better represent the hardcore scene.

--steve

CandyAss

United States
471 posts
Posted - 2002/11/27 :  21:37:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CandyAss's homepage  Reply with quote
That's true...I'll admit he's a much better DJ then me, but when he released Chapter 1 that wasn't the case. He really wasn't so good then, and pretty much got the gig with Moon$hine by luck because they wanted to capitalise on hhc's popularity at the time. Once he got a few albums done his mixing improved a bit, but there still are a lot of better DJs that would have a track selection that wouldn't make the non-hardcore loving audience cringe. Maybe then our scene would spread a little more in North America.

CandyAss
Drew
http://www.valence2000.com
http://www.hardcorps.org

http://www.hardcorps.org

xxhappyxx

United Kingdom
363 posts
Posted - 2002/11/28 :  10:10:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
lol duz it matter if he sed it was the last one? so he changed his mind...roll with it.
the tracklistin looks quite good, and is it just me or is 'my way' on almost every hhc compliation...!?!

TTD would b great on single, and what will be on the album? will it b a bang/blaze/stealh...etc album?

'come fly my child 2 a special place, with angels in the sky, the time has come 2 fly!'

Annex

Canada
285 posts

38 hardcore releases
Annex has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/11/28 :  21:51:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i'd just like to throw in a quik note.. about how many times superman has died... or any comic hero...

if it's profitable, it will be resurected.
some things just don't die, even when their dead *shrugs*
it's hardly the end of the world

and no doubt alot easier for af to pimp out hardcore under a brand name (htbh) as it where, then something new. Now granted for any veteren we'd love to see something new from him (maybe some new mixing? hehe) but to the general populous, 'hey yeah, happy to be hardcore, yeah i've heard some of that it was good stuff, hey here's a new one, why not!'
*shrugs*

it just works
which isn't to say i'm in full support of it.. but..
it's just a rather moot point that the last one was suposed to be 'the last one'
now it isn't.. 'oh no!!!' ;)

edit: forgot to add in there, hehe... i'd absolutely suffer the pop mixes!!!!! now granted i might not like em, but screw it, it's more n worth it!!! :)
though yeah, i know you keep sayin yer workin on it.. but i'd be all about a compliation hehe that'd be wicked nick

Edited by - Annex on 2002/11/28 21:52:51

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page