Printer friendly
Page: 
of 7

Author Thread  
The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2013/03/07 :  11:51:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage  Reply with quote
i think if we do get independance we will no doubt struggle and come crawling back to england on our hands and knees saying "we're sorry...we ****ed up" the world is just in too bad a state for us to go it alone maybe in the next 50 years or so we could but right now we have no chance

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2013/03/08 :  09:50:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
Not a good idea. If Scotland leaves the UK they will be the land boarder for England so they could become subject to 'invasion' from terroists unless they wish to remain in the British Army. Also even though most of the UK is ran by Englishmen in London the last Prime Minster was Scottish and look where that left us lol

Also English tourists wishing to go to Scotland would now have to provide a passport for crossing the boarder and same with Scots wishing to come to England, as you said, Dopeman you have been to Blackpool before and it was said to be a popular destination for Scots. There are alot of Scots living in England & English in Scotland who would also be against Independence & I know alot of people board in England whos parents where Scottish.

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,682 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2013/03/08 :  10:53:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
Not a good idea. If Scotland leaves the UK they will be the land boarder for England so they could become subject to 'invasion' from terroists unless they wish to remain in the British Army.

Tony Blair was also Scottish, by the way...

The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2013/03/08 :  11:37:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Tony Blair was also Scottish, by the way...

is he...i've learned something today :)

i always thought he was english because of his accent, still a better PM than gordon brown which btw i think the reason he was told to fcuk off out of government was the fact he was a dreary lookin old sod who could make the sun cry

i met him once in kirkcaldy (where he's from) he seemed nice but i literally shat myself when he smiled lol he is one ugly ****er lol

let's just hope cameron and his bumboy cleggypoo can persuade the rest of scotland not to follow alex salmonds loony idea of an independant scotland coz if we do go fully independant we are up shit creek without a paddle and sinking fast imo

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2013/03/09 :  13:54:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Dopeman:
i always thought he was english because of his accent, still a better PM than gordon brown which btw i think the reason he was told to fcuk off out of government was the fact he was a dreary lookin old sod who could make the sun cry

i met him once in kirkcaldy (where he's from) he seemed nice but i literally shat myself when he smiled lol he is one ugly ****er lol

let's just hope cameron and his bumboy cleggypoo can persuade the rest of scotland not to follow alex salmonds loony idea of an independant scotland coz if we do go fully independant we are up shit creek without a paddle and sinking fast imo

I really hope you Scottish don't think we all talk like that lol Im not sure of Blair's background I know he was educated at a Scottish school but also read he went to Uni in Oxford (England) and Gordon Brown didn't sound that Scottish either.

The only problem I had with Blair was he was always jetting off to The States to see his boyfreind George Bush (not much better than Brown in fact) & neglected his own county (The UK) so we didn't upset the good ole Americans

Also I heard that glorious old Wales have a party wanting independence as well and are being supported by the SNP. So The Scottish don't mind being mates with The Welsh but want F-all to do with England? Odd

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2013/03/09 :  20:30:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
quote:
Originally posted by Craigavon raver:
Well tbh i'm not praticuarly bothered about scotlands bid for independence, i'm more concerned about irish independence, which for me is a must! And i beleive it eventualy will happen

Eh? You mean a United Ireland? I doubt it, not when even a large proportion of Catholics in Nothern Ireland would prefer to stay part of the UK. It's probably less likely now than it's ever been.

Yeh a united ireland, and where or how do you think a large proportion of catholics in nothern ireland want to stay in the u.k? and its far from less likely, its a certainty!

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2013/03/13 :  06:34:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
The English would be screwed without our north sea oil and by that I mean the exporting of Buckfast.

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,682 posts

19 hardcore releases
Posted - 2013/03/13 :  11:53:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Yeh a united ireland, and where or how do you think a large proportion of catholics in nothern ireland want to stay in the u.k? and its far from less likely, its a certainty!

It's what the polls always show. Protestants and Catholics are around 50/50 in Northern Ireland now, while the pro-Union vote is always in the high 70's. It's never going to happen, and getting less likely all the time as the sectarian sentiment dies down. No one in their right mind would choose Ireland over the UK as things are at the moment. An independent Northern Ireland is probably more likely than a United Ireland.

quote:
Originally posted by Fire Shadow:
The English would be screwed without our north sea oil and by that I mean the exporting of Buckfast.

We actually export it to you ;)

Breakbeat Jon
Average Member

United Kingdom
223 posts
Breakbeat Jon has attended 4 events
Posted - 2013/03/14 :  21:25:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Breakbeat Jon's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Lol, i've been on a daytrip (pilgrimage) to Buckfast abbey to see how it's made. Good day out.

DarrenJ
Advanced Member

Australia
2,626 posts
DarrenJ has attended 12 events
Posted - 2013/03/15 :  02:48:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DarrenJ's homepage  Reply with quote
billy connolly's for president

"we got 1 billion dollars trade with swizterland, its fooken brilliant"

Edited by - DarrenJ on 2013/03/15 02:48:46
Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2013/03/24 :  17:56:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
quote:

It's what the polls always show. Protestants and Catholics are around 50/50 in Northern Ireland now, while the pro-Union vote is always in the high 70's. It's never going to happen, and getting less likely all the time as the sectarian sentiment dies down. No one in their right mind would choose Ireland over the UK as things are at the moment. An independent Northern Ireland is probably more likely than a United Ireland.

quote:

We actually export it to you ;)

Well i'll think you'll find your wrong on a few counts! protestants and catholics aren't on a 50/50 ratio and i'll think you'll find that the protestant vote is on the decline every election! while the catholic vote increases or stays at a pretty high turnout! thats why the d.u.p and u.u.p are running scared and have even sent out unionist unity candidates twice in recent elections in 2 constitunicies to try and get pro union representitives in government but republicans are still kicking there ass! so at some point in the future stormount will be a catholic run republican government! which will eventually = bye bye britain!

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,682 posts

19 hardcore releases
Posted - 2013/03/25 :  00:00:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm not wrong. It was revealed in the 2011 UK census data that went public not so long ago. Sounds like you've been listening to some dodgy propaganda.

Catholic 45%
Protestant 48%
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/protestantcatholic-gap-narrows-as-census-results-revealed-29004134.html

"But on the other side of the religious divide, a substantial 38% of Catholics also favoured remaining within the UK - three percentage points more than the number who backed a united Ireland."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-21345997

Charco
Advanced Member

Ireland
1,979 posts
Charco has attended 4 events
Posted - 2013/04/03 :  19:46:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I'd be wary of polls coming from the bbc. 38% of how many catholics? 1000? 2000? 50? Very much doubt that all catholics were asked....not that religion should have anything to do with it in the first place.....especially where a poll is concerned. There is a growing number of other religions and those who don't follow religion at all.

Triquatra was spot on with what he said: the main people who want NI to stay part of the uk are those who classify themselves as british there and a handful of bnp supporters throughout England. The majority of other English people aren't interested - Scotland is different in that respect imo as the lands are physically joined.

Also on what Craigavon Raver mentioned: On a recent election for mid-Tyrone where I come from, the unionists fronted a joint unionist candidate to try take the seat from nationalists (No other reason) - this failed miserably with Sinn Fein keeping the seat in a strong election win.

The thing that is most confusing regarding Ireland, is that on the Irish proclamation - It is for an Ireland of equals, regardless of race or creed. The northern state was a 'protestant state for protestant people' until recent years....and has now become more equal....then when you have democratic decisions that don't go the way of the unionists (City Hall flag???) they all go ape-shit and riot for months.....Equality anyone??

An All-Ireland for ALL people.....it's the only option. Let the whole country sort itself out rather than the republic and the north try to do it separately.

Go Here: http://www.ionosphere.co.uk or here: http://www.sbthq.net . Happy? You should be!! And of course: My tunes: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=230636&T=6580

The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2013/04/03 :  20:07:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
Not a good idea. If Scotland leaves the UK they will be the land boarder for England so they could become subject to 'invasion' from terroists

not really just look at the last 2 attempts the terrorist who attacked glasgow airport got his head kicked in any terrorist who wants to "try" and terrorize scotland should think twice we'll kick the living shit out of them lol

quote:
Originally posted by Warnman :

the delicious whiskey.

whisky can make even the most timid of people turn into the incredible hulk lol

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2013/04/05 :  21:44:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
Honestly, what is the main argument for independence according to the Scots which support it?

I genuinely can't see any compelling arguments for it that are rooted in anything other than irrational hatred for the English. The realistic truth of the matter is that the current standard of living in Scotland would be unsustainable in an independent state.

Personally, besides enjoying the occasional joke about Scots and alcohol or Scots and unemployment, I don't have any particular bad feelings towards Scotland at all. I'm not even bitter about the fact that we're effectively making a loss from Scotland being a part of Britain -- although the general anti-British, anti-England sentiments do make it a lot harder to swallow.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 7 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.88 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page