Total online 1271
 Radio listeners 161+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 want some views on this vestax package . . .
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
atomicb
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts

60 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/11/25 :  12:30:07  Show profile Send a private message
Hi, looking to upgrade from my god awful stuff to this package for chirstmas:

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/?catno=MR48742

and just wonderd what you guys thaught of it, more focused on the price as opposed to vestax vs. technics ;)

If I could get mk3's and that mixer for the same price, I'm listening however :)

Basically, If I buy this I don't want to have to upgrade any equipment any time soon ok, some better carts perahps but thats it. Just wondering if u'd say this setup is up to pro standard :)

/thanks all

Alert moderator
DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/11/25 :  15:02:43  Show profile  Send a private message
decks: yeh that's a pro standard setup,but myself and many others wouldn't settle for anything less than technics. if you were going to play at a club then you've got a 99% chance of using 1210's,so i'd buy those so you can get used to them.

bear this in mind as well,i've said this loads of times,vestax might be a bit cheaper than 1210's but they're tried and tested to last a good 20 years or so. vestax aren't established long enough to say they've got a deck that'll last 20 years. i bet you've come across fluctuation in the past,where the pitch moves on it's own coz the slider's had it,now there's a +-50% slider there and if that goes wrong the deck's fu©ked!

mixer: dog's bollox i'd recommend it any day

headphones: not bad but i don't like them

bottom line: i'd say go for technics but if you're just after a pro setup then it'll do

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

Alert moderator Go to top of page
atomicb
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts

60 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/11/26 :  08:24:28  Show profile  Send a private message
thanks man, and no worries on the headphones, I have sony's 99 quid dj ones, it's just that that pack is cheaper than buying the stuff seperatly even with the headphones!

with the decks - yes I realise the club thing, and quite frankly, thats my only concern - a lot of people say 'well ure not a good dj if you can't adjust'. I don't know if I can, because I'll be honest I've never used good decks :P However I'd like to say that while I'm not a god dj, I have seriosuly worked (and with my decks, it is WORKED :)) damn hard and I'd say I'm a pretty averagly ok DJ, and I'd like others to know :)

But I don't want to practice at home on my vestax get a ****ing storming mix, then go to a party and **** it up coz it's technics... how big is the diffrence? I hear the ptich fader on technics is a little laggier?

So the way I see it, both are miles better than what I have, and 899 is pushing it already so technics are a little too far :S

anyone who has any input on the whole vestax at hoe then technics at club thing I really want to know how important it is. Basically, if it's not hugely important I'll stick with vestax.. I under stand the **** up issue... basically I can't make my mind up between these and technics but I want to hear both sides :)

I know about the tone arm, the tracking + scratching side etc, and the technics 'they are everywhere' argument and working forever.

Sp basically, I think this a good pack, and I thin both decks have tier ups and downs, and right now the vestax seems right.. might not by the end of the month tough *sigh* :)

EDIT: Cleared up drunkness in typing mad skillz :)

Edited by - atomicb on 2002/11/26 08:29:37
Erbl

United Kingdom
99 posts
Posted - 2002/11/26 :  10:55:45  Show profile  Send a private message
its a good package and if you rang up htfr and got me, one i would recomend. ive noticed about the store they have techies (and have done for years), some with vestax if they came to the scene a bit later, a couple with ttx1's because there rich and want the best of the best, but a large percentage who compared to what you would think have gems or numarks for around £500. these are pepople who play out.

ive mixed with both alot, i feel i perfer the vestax, i dont care about the its different arguement, i say so what, it wont mean you cant mix on the other one, alot of dj's do it.

atomicb
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts

60 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/11/27 :  10:35:58  Show profile  Send a private message
thanks man, I'll trust you on the playing out with diffrent decks thing.. I dunno I'm still a new dj and I don't want anything to shatter my confidence is all ;)

djmonoxide

United States
128 posts
Posted - 2002/12/02 :  16:53:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djmonoxide's homepage
I wouldn't worry about what you get :). If your good on crappy decks than you will be better on awesome decks. Like me :). I practice on Numark TT-1250's. Now I think everyone will agree with me that Numarks suck. HAHA. Trust me on this one I played my first gig and they had technics I was worried at first, but in the end I felt more comfortable on them and I think my mix sounded better. :)

I used to be a raver, used to take lots of E. Now I just smoke weed, and you know I will Succeed. :)

DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/12/03 :  01:30:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage
many online dutch shops thats sels equipment says that the newest range of vestax are the best decks then the technics.

im still happy with mine technics :)

You can't see me,because i am the future.

Edited by - DJ Pathfinder on 2002/12/03 01:31:13

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.11 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page