Page: 
of 7

Author Thread  
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2013/05/29 :  19:20:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
quote:
quote:
We're the most peaceful county,

Exactly. Hard and expensive to get to for most! And there aren't usually raves there. London or
quote:
Birmingham are very cheap and easy to get to on the other hand no matter where you live.
brought in 2013 there and I was blown away with how good a night it was, MASSIVE!

The Q club was the only venue I've been to where i actually did not like the venue at all. Also way too many security there.

When were you there? I've heard stories how there used to be an issue with security a few years back but can't say I noticed too many bouncers at new year. The q club is actually in my opinion the best rave venue I've been to, one of the loudest clearest sound systems I've ever heard and everything about it is just huge.

I recall the sound in the main room being pretty good actually. This was back in 2008 though or so. Maybe 2007 even. The security was way over the top. At every doorway, on every corner. Very oppressive.

TBH the only people who notice or complain about the excess security are the ones who are doing something they're not supposed to lol

Right. Which is a lot of people! Either way though i don't care to be in an environment where people are waiting for you to do something wrong. It's like being at school lol.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2013/05/29 :  19:50:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
I do actually remember people on another forum roughly around that period of time complaining about security at the Q club. New year just gone was the first time I'd ever been there and I loved it, had no problem whatsoever with security and the atmosphere was just amazing. Everyone was up for a party and the venue was perfect for it.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2013/05/30 :  11:48:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
By the way I'm not implying that i wouldn't want to go back. Was just commenting on how bad it was for me at the time.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2013/05/30 :  14:39:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Well if it's going to happen we should try and get something concrete planned. With my luck with attending events this year i can see me packing it all in very soon. Be good to go out with a bang though ;-)

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2013/05/30 :  14:46:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
By the way I'm not implying that i wouldn't want to go back. Was just commenting on how bad it was for me at the time.

Cool buddy, I know what its like. I remember having a horrible experience at the Emporium in Coalville back in 2005 at Uproar and said I would never go back, I stand by that lol. Place was full of fcuking idiots

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2013/05/30 :  16:14:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
Can't be bothered to read through the thread to see if it has been mentioned but what about the HTID v Dreamscape Summer Gathering in Northampton.

Top line-up with plenty of oldskool, slightly better deal for the Southerners but....

Here's the Facebook link...

https://www.facebook.com/events/534502633268435/?fref=ts

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2013/05/30 :  17:12:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
Can't be bothered to read through the thread to see if it has been mentioned but what about the HTID v Dreamscape Summer Gathering in Northampton.

Top line-up with plenty of oldskool, slightly better deal for the Southerners but....

Looks like there is plenty of older hardcore there to keep the outdated ones from here interested.

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2013/05/30 :  18:12:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:

That looks like a cracking line-up!

HollowRipper
Average Member

United Kingdom
155 posts
HollowRipper has attended 12 events
Posted - 2013/05/30 :  21:58:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit HollowRipper's homepage  Reply with quote
There's already a possibility i'm going to that anyway! Northampton is a total **** on to get to from Middlesbrough, but i've got a mate that lives in Oxford which is apparently not that far away.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2013/05/30 :  22:14:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Be good to go out with a bang though ;-)

I'm sure Jay will happily help you with that.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2013/05/30 :  22:35:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by HollowRipper:
There's already a possibility i'm going to that anyway! Northampton is a total **** on to get to from Middlesbrough, but i've got a mate that lives in Oxford which is apparently not that far away.

I was about to say the same thing, but from cumbria

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2013/05/30 :  22:45:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
quote:
Originally posted by HollowRipper:

I was about to say the same thing, but from cumbria

Northampton should be easy to get to providing Birmingham is also easy to get to.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2013/05/30 :  23:53:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
a quick check on the train line gives me

London - no changes ?77, 3 hour journey

northampton - 3 changes - 4 hour journey time - ?75

bad enough just having to spend 3 hours on a train home after a rave, but a 4 hour journey with no option of rest, after being up for 36 hours including a rave, yeah - it's doable...but christ, it'd have to be worth my while ;)

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2013/05/31 :  04:03:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

bad enough just having to spend 3 hours on a train home after a rave, but a 4 hour journey with no option of rest, after being up for 36 hours including a rave, yeah - it's doable...but christ, it'd have to be worth my while ;)

They are ALWAYS worth your while!

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2013/05/31 :  06:25:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

They are ALWAYS worth your while!

even if I rob him of a cider? =P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 7 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.66 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page