Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Cubase Stuph
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Haeobogoblin
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
505 posts

50 hardcore releases
Haeobogoblin has attended 6 events
Posted - 2002/12/03 :  00:30:08  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Haeobogoblin's homepage
Right, i have decided to FINALLY pull my finger out my ass and work out how to use cubase PROPERLY!

Any good websites / Books about that give info for people who know next to naff all about using it??

DJ Overdrive:
-=truly hardcore=-

Alert moderator
Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2002/12/03 :  03:30:04  Show profile  Send a private message
The manual maybe? I hear they comne with some OK info on how to work programs :D

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Soren on 2002/12/03 03:30:46
Haeobogoblin
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
505 posts

50 hardcore releases
Haeobogoblin has attended 6 events
Posted - 2002/12/03 :  06:51:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Haeobogoblin's homepage
yeah, that would be a good idea if i had one! (me got a bootlegged copy)

DJ Overdrive:
-=truly hardcore=-

StrifeII
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,143 posts
StrifeII is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/12/05 :  09:36:22  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit StrifeII's homepage
aye.

cubase is actually very simple. well the part of it thats easy. but you can get some bangin' tunes out of the simple part

1. Get a good set of vsti imstruments and effects. I recommend Sampletank (with the choir ooh-aah add on as a MUST), ReFX Juno X2 for a bit of everything, Halion for sampling, and EnergyPRO for your lead lines and buildups. As for effects, if you got a pirated version you should have lotsa good effects. Some i like are Wunderverb, Karlette Delay, and not much else is good really its also good to have Scorpion to make sure you dont overdrive.

~ To install vst's they should be an exe you then extract to C:/Audio/Vst and they should work with cubase.

~ To load them up, open cubase and make a new arrangement. Click panels on the menu bar and select Vst instruments. Then its just a case of choosing which you want from the dropdown list and clicking 'Edit' to um...edit as nesceserry . when you're happy, go onto the arrangement screen and make a new channel or select a blank one. Drag the movable bar accross till you can select outputs. Then click on the last one and select the instrument you wanted to use. Walla!

~ To load fx up, same as with instruments but to apply them, make a channel with your selected vst instrument on. click on panels - vst (or midi, cant remember) channel mixer. Find the channel (they should be named) and click "fx". there should be 8 knobs. One of em should have the name of your selected effect on, click on ON or something and turn the dial clockwise till its at about 5 o clock. If this is too much, turn it down a bit.

So...

To input notes, go to the arrangment screen. Right click on the textured area and select the pencil. When you've selected the vst on the channel, draw a box in the channel from 1 till 5 (the markers above it.) This is a 16 beat bar and this is gonna be used for the rest of your career, so GET USED TO IT!

Now double click on the box and you'll be presented with a lovely new screen with a keyboard along the side. Use the pencil tool again and input some notes. And from here, you should be putting out some banging tunes within months

Hope this helps, and DO read it because its written by me, my fingers are hurting now so im gonna stop. It should be helpful enough

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.97 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page