Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
DJ STYLUS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,661 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/01/13 :  11:12:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
When scott brown and brisk put there ideas 2geva thats when you know you got a gabber treat!

------------------------------------
ALL FOR YOU IF YOU STAY TRUE
------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
jonny

United Kingdom
26 posts
Posted - 2003/01/13 :  11:49:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i reckon scott brown should play the original stuff, like he used to and leave the gabber to the dutch masters like neophyte and the rotterdam terror corps.

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/01/13 :  13:32:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
no way! he's doing a good job right now so should stick with what he's doing. i'm sure a fair few of you will agree

--------------------------------------------------
"Did you know that eleven plus two is an anagram of twelve plus one?"

DJ Mouse

fazza
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,126 posts
fazza has donated money to the site fazza has attended 9 events
Posted - 2003/01/14 :  08:38:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit fazza's homepage  Reply with quote
shut up jon! wot u on about!

"I feel you, i want you, i know your touch is all i need, im waiting you're shining"

Hydra

Netherlands
60 posts
Posted - 2003/01/14 :  08:43:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Scott has been doing both gabber and happy hardcore for a pretty long time... In 1994 he was already involved with happy hardcore in Q-tex and Eguazion (Core Records) and when he went to the Netherlands he wanted to release harder stuff (inspired by DJ's like DJ Paul, DJ Rob, DJ Waxweazle) and Neophyte, cause his recordcompany in Scotland didn't want to release it at first...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I found a love but it didn't last...
Wonderfull days belong to the past!

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2003/01/15 :  01:56:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
Evolution records started in 1994 :)

SINIZTA
Average Member

United States
206 posts
Posted - 2003/01/17 :  04:24:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Scott Brown iz a Godsend of a producer! Whatever he touchs iz a banger, Gabber,HappyHardcore, r Trance(I heard sum Scott Brown Trance!)! My fav producer ever, besides tha RZA!His shit makes your spine tingle when it's playing! Straight tear-jerkers!

"Ain't nothing 2 **** wit"

Hydra

Netherlands
60 posts
Posted - 2003/01/17 :  23:37:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Hmm, you made me curious about the trance song by him! What is it called and when was it released?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I found a love but it didn't last...
Wonderfull days belong to the past!

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2003/01/18 :  01:45:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage  Reply with quote
Scott Browns doing quite a good job with his gabba his styles okay....However I myself if listening to gabba prefer Clarkee or Producer Stuff....a lot quicker :-)

Sy.

SINIZTA
Average Member

United States
206 posts
Posted - 2003/01/18 :  23:42:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Moonshine distrubutuion put out several c.d.'s entitled Xperience Happy Hardcore, Xperience Trance, etc., and n tha album credits of both those c.d.'s, it says "All songs produced & written by Scott Brown"! But like he always does, he goes under differant names, so u only see Scott Brown on tha track listing once!

"Ain't nothing 2 **** wit"

dj_stey_iz_ere
Average Member

United Kingdom
227 posts
Posted - 2003/01/19 :  01:39:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dj_stey_iz_ere's homepage  Reply with quote
Scott Brown is ace Rock on rock on is a top tune

------------------------
Dont drink and drive,

smoke Weed and fly

smoke Weed and fly

djtommyrenegade
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,311 posts
djtommyrenegade has attended 8 events
Posted - 2003/01/19 :  01:57:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i like some of scotts newer stuff, chase, do not attempt, and i love the old stuff like Now is the time, but i recently heard his remix of eyeopener, and it sucked! same synths as chase, really heavy kickdrum and v v dark. Now IMO he ruined a killer hardcore tune, eyeopener is meant to be light and bouncy not heavy dark and ... well ... gabba,
BTW wud anyone be willing to part with their brisk and trixxy - eyeopener on vinyl? or recommend were i cud get it?
I tryed NG represses but unfortunatley it was released on slammin', do they have a different site to order vinyl of????

DJ Tommy Renegade

NORTHERN IRELAND HARDCORE POSSE!

atomicb
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts

60 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/01/19 :  02:38:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I'd agree with you there.... I mean fairplay it's an ok tuen.. but eyeopner just shouldn't be that kinda tune. But yeah chase, very good, twilight zone good, ghosts, rather good (release it plz :D). So it's all good :D

whitelabel12
Starting Member

United Kingdom
3 posts
Posted - 2003/02/04 :  12:08:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
If ur after Scott Brown prodcued trance listen to any of the Q-tex Equazion Eps - i've only gopt part 5 but i know they went up to about part 11. Also no-one's ever done - or probably ever will do bouncy techno the way scott brown did - repetitve maybe, but straight up guaranteed to get ya pogo-ing like an idiot!!!!

someone once said about video games that watching a little man run round a dark room munching pills n listening to repetitve music would have a bad effect on the youth of today - what did they know???

someone once said about video games that watching a little man run round a dark room munching pills n listening to repetitve music would have a bad effect on the youth of today - what did they know???

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/02/04 :  14:51:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slipmatt:
but i recently heard his remix of eyeopener, and it sucked! same synths as chase

if you're looking at it that way,how many tunes use the same piano style as elysium, let alone the same piano bank,or the same kickdrum in joints to rock as do not attempt. i'm not saying every tune mr brown does sounds the same,but the synths are there to be used and there's no harm in using the same synth in 1 or tunes as long as it's not ott. and after all every rock band uses the same guitar,bass and drums in their tunes in the end.

--------------------------------------------------
"Did you know that eleven plus two is an anagram of twelve plus one?"

DJ Mouse

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.41 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page