Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 getting heard
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
noiz labs

Australia
50 posts
Posted - 2002/12/07 :  19:59:58  Show profile Send a private message
hey say iv made a song and i think it rocks ,, and i think others will think the same.. what can i do to get it heard?

like i mean ata rave .. is it comon practice to go up to djs and give them a cd and say if u like it u can play it. ,,

and is there a way to sell songs? like can i take my cd to some one and let them listen and if they like it they can buy it??

Alert moderator
Comet
Advanced Member

United States
1,544 posts

745 hardcore releases
Comet has donated money to the site Comet has attended 22 events
Posted - 2002/12/07 :  21:42:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Comet's homepage
Hey! What do you use? I'd like to know!

---
"I'm on my way I'm runniiiiiin', I'm gonna catchu if I can!"

Current Search: DHSS songs

Alert moderator Go to top of page
StrifeII
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,143 posts
StrifeII is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/12/08 :  04:03:21  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit StrifeII's homepage
send out demo's to companys

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

kg4
Advanced Member

United States
802 posts

36 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/12/08 :  05:15:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kg4's homepage
send one to silver.. maybe itll be the next masterwax ;)

Oh man, I hope I didn't brain my damage...

Kaffine

United States
474 posts

91 hardcore releases
Kaffine has donated money to the site
Posted - 2002/12/08 :  06:21:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kaffine's homepage
Don't get me wrong but a lot of the time people make tracks thinking they rule majorly and, well, in reality... =P It happens to the best of us. Give it some time, listen to it a lot. Make sure you really like how it is.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2002/12/09 :  02:23:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
It's easy to get your songs on vinyl, just take a copy of your song on CD to somewhere that presses vinyls and dub plates, and then you can get it pressed onto white label. Though i wouldn't advise it as it is not cheap at all.
If you really want it on vinyl though for personal use get it pressed onto dub plate, even that is not cheap though, prices are from about £30 upwards.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2002/12/09 02:25:44
Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2002/12/09 :  05:42:22  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
hey say iv made a song and i think it rocks ,, and i think others will think the same.. what can i do to get it heard?

Well first thing you need to do is make 2-4 more good tracks. Then build yourself a promotion pack with a CD containing 3-5 songs (NO MORE) and send the pack out to labels and people you think could get your tracks released. Although the easiest way is to just know someone that "in" with the labels or runs a label and get them to help you out. Good luck!

pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/12/10 :  03:25:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage
quote:
like i mean ata rave .. is it comon practice to go up to djs and give them a cd and say if u like it u can play it. ,,

yeah do it..... include a contact details and get feedback from djs, see what they think it would take to make your track rock the floor, or alternatively, they might even play it themselves: you never know!

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer

hardcorelover

United Kingdom
131 posts

197 hardcore releases
hardcorelover has attended 3 events
Posted - 2002/12/10 :  04:44:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit hardcorelover's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
It's easy to get your songs on vinyl, just take a copy of your song on CD to somewhere that presses vinyls and dub plates, and then you can get it pressed onto white label. Though i wouldn't advise it as it is not cheap at all.
If you really want it on vinyl though for personal use get it pressed onto dub plate, even that is not cheap though, prices are from about £30 upwards.

remeber though that youll only get about 15 plays out of her so it would be better for promotion rather than personal use

**** TRANCE

junglist_angel

Belgium
321 posts
Posted - 2002/12/10 :  05:44:23  Show profile  Send a private message
the best thing to do is make a dubplate.
Mix it yourself at a party. That's the best way to promote both your mixing and producing skills. If you don't mix yet, send it out to a DJ that you think will play it. Make sure to copyright it first though. Making a dubplate isn't that expensive...
I work in a mastering company. We do dubplates for 50 euros.
Now, if you're really convinced your track is really good. You can go a bit further and press a couple hundred copies. To do that, you need to make a mastering (master copy), then press a dozen test samples. The press shop send thoses out to you. If you like em and the quality is good, then go ahead and press 500 copies.
We do the whole deal for about 1500 euros. That includes, the mastering, all packaging, the 500 presses, and two out of four colors on the quadrant with a blank sleeve.
Don't forget the copyright! That way no one steals it from ya

noiz labs

Australia
50 posts
Posted - 2002/12/14 :  01:43:08  Show profile  Send a private message
comet : i use fruity loops + cool edit samples i get from e labs or wherever. few vst plugins all free... i think the one of best things bout this music. is that u dont need money .. just time. and practice

:) thanx .. i will make more song then . ,, well ill finish this one first ;) .

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.53 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page