Printer friendly
Page: 
of 12

Author Thread  
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2013/12/23 :  12:04:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas that they might like to see involved in next years album?

Would be good to hear some input about things I could add, possibly make it that little bit more unique.

If anyone has any ideas & would like to get involved with making their ideas happen then please do let me know.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
AceofSpades_Lorenzo
Average Member

United States
241 posts
Posted - 2013/12/23 :  12:49:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AceofSpades_Lorenzo's homepage  Reply with quote
a few breakbeat hardcore tracks, there's a possibility I could make this happen if anyone wants anything remixed or if I do an original track for it, I could always pay Jon Doe to do my mixdown on it since I'd have a hard time with my current monitors :)

edit. not sure if you mean 2014's album or 2015's

Edited by - AceofSpades_Lorenzo on 2013/12/23 12:50:34
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2013/12/23 :  15:38:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
I think submissions should be unmastered, for the sake of a continuous quality throughout the album - if CLSM is mastering for us. I also think PPF should act as a label entity, so that tracks used are therefore exclusive and each release categorized and registered.

Just a few thoughts :) Im making gradual progress on a track of my own

Bad Corey
Average Member

United States
235 posts
Posted - 2013/12/24 :  00:22:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bad Corey's homepage  Reply with quote
Just sent you a PM regarding a track submission, but nothing showed up in my PM outbox, so let me know if you didn't get it! \('~')/

The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2013/12/24 :  12:13:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage  Reply with quote
was hoping i cud get a track submitted for this but i'll have to wait till nxt year won't be producing fo at least 8-9 months so much shit to do next year

btw i wouldn't mind remixing a track from the finished album if anyone would like me to it would help me out till i get bk in gear once i buy a new laptop :)

Edited by - The Dopeman on 2013/12/24 12:17:35
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2013/12/24 :  22:10:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by AceofSpades_Lorenzo:
a few breakbeat hardcore tracks, there's a possibility I could make this happen if anyone wants anything remixed or if I do an original track for it, I could always pay Jon Doe to do my mixdown on it since I'd have a hard time with my current monitors :)

edit. not sure if you mean 2014's album or 2015's

Sorry if that wasn't clear man, I mean 2014.

Breakbeat Hardcore is more than welcome, would also be nice to get some gabber featured this time round.

Edited by - Ken Masters on 2013/12/24 22:43:30
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2013/12/24 :  22:27:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
I think submissions should be unmastered, for the sake of a continuous quality throughout the album - if CLSM is mastering for us. I also think PPF should act as a label entity, so that tracks used are therefore exclusive and each release categorized and registered.

Fair points there Olly, the only reason ive never signed tracks before was due to it being a community project & I suppose no-one should own any of the music as such, however while continuing to run the annual PPF project I'll be launching a label next year called 'Future State' that will concentrate on signing up & coming talent & helping new producers establish themselves in the scene, while working alongside more established names.

I also dont see it fair to turn something that was created by the hard work of everyone on here, in to something that I actually own all rights too. The first project I plan for my label will be a whole new free album concept where all material will in fact be signed.

As for mastering, I agree. I will ensure that all tracks that make the cut will be fully mastered by Jon which may therefor require me getting back in contact with that artist & having them properly prepare the track. However I want everyone to have a go themselves, even if it isn't how the track appears on the album, they'll learn a lot from it.

Its also worth mentioning, if the plans ive got so far come together then there will be a nice amount of submissions that certainly wont be needing mastering, some of the people that have been in contact certainly dont need help with that side of things :)

Edited by - Ken Masters on 2013/12/24 22:48:23
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2013/12/24 :  22:29:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bad Corey:
Just sent you a PM regarding a track submission, but nothing showed up in my PM outbox, so let me know if you didn't get it! \('~')/

Got your PM man, thanks for getting involved.

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2013/12/24 :  22:33:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
That man Greg Peaks will also be joining Sc@r on the showcase mixes :)

There will be some serious promotion put into this album so please, get stuck into your tracks people & really give them some time between now & Feb, it'll certainly be worth your while!

oh, & Merry Christmas! Hope everyone has a brilliant holiday :)

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2013/12/26 :  11:56:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
quote:

Fair points there Olly, the only reason ive never signed tracks before was due to it being a community project & I suppose no-one should own any of the music as such, however while continuing to run the annual PPF project I'll be launching a label next year called 'Future State' that will concentrate on signing up & coming talent & helping new producers establish themselves in the scene, while working alongside more established names.

I also dont see it fair to turn something that was created by the hard work of everyone on here, in to something that I actually own all rights too. The first project I plan for my label will be a whole new free album concept where all material will in fact be signed.

That's fair enough, it being a community project and all. However, having the tracks signed as a label entity doesn't necessarily mean you hold all the rights. Just exclusivity to the label and therefore the albums. The artists can still mix, promote and whatever else with them. Future State sounds pretty sweet, though. Look forward to seeing how that shapes up.

Edited by - Elipton on 2013/12/26 12:01:58
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2013/12/28 :  18:57:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

That's fair enough, it being a community project and all. However, having the tracks signed as a label entity doesn't necessarily mean you hold all the rights. Just exclusivity to the label and therefore the albums. The artists can still mix, promote and whatever else with them. Future State sounds pretty sweet, though. Look forward to seeing how that shapes up.

Its an idea ive been sitting on for a while now Olly & just seems right to finally get it off the ground :)

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/01/01 :  18:12:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
Hows everyone getting on so far then?

I hope your all putting those shiny new production presents from Santa to good use!

djchexmixer

United States
363 posts
djchexmixer has attended 1 event
Posted - 2014/01/01 :  21:32:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djchexmixer's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Hows everyone getting on so far then?

I hope your all putting those shiny new production presents from Santa to good use!

Really well! So close to finishing this tune!

And how did you know Santa got me a new production present?....... Are you... Santa??

Happy Dance Fusion Vol. 2:
https://soundcloud.com/dj-cruelcore-neo/happy-dance-fusion-vol-2

Manick
Starting Member

Australia
2 posts
Posted - 2014/01/03 :  04:45:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Manick's homepage  Reply with quote
Hi, I'm a new guy here and was wondering whether or not my submission went through. I emailed [email protected] and i sent a private soundcloud link (username is ManickOfficial on soundcloud). i have not received a reply so i am unsure as to whether you have received my track.

If anyone wants to remix it let me know and i can PM you the track and stems.

Oh, and on a completely unrelated note, I'm from Australia (in case you haven't figured that out already)

Thanks, Manick

Edited by - Manick on 2014/01/03 04:48:57
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/01/03 :  10:28:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Manick:
Hi, I'm a new guy here and was wondering whether or not my submission went through. I emailed [email protected] and i sent a private soundcloud link (username is ManickOfficial on soundcloud). i have not received a reply so i am unsure as to whether you have received my track.

If anyone wants to remix it let me know and i can PM you the track and stems.

Oh, and on a completely unrelated note, I'm from Australia (in case you haven't figured that out already)

Thanks, Manick

Sorry for the late reply, i've been visiting my family over Christmas & New Year.

I've got your submissions ok, thanks for getting involved :)

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 12 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ... 8  9  10  11  12
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.39 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page