Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2014/01/20 :  19:56:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
may be wrong but i think its possibly brisk and joey riot ?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Mental_Adam
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
842 posts
Posted - 2014/01/20 :  22:02:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mental_Adam's homepage  Reply with quote
I liked hardcore for being different to your typical top. 40 crud.

I suppose this is why i had an off period from 2008 onwards as i think there was many remixes on compilations of chart names.. mainly that clubland compilation being the main culprit.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/01/20 :  22:49:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
Noc.V remixed Justin Bieber? #cringe

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2014/04/24 :  21:27:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
So Party Time was on Radio 1! Remember the Essential Platinum remix - was great update.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/04/24 :  22:22:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
So Party Time was on Radio 1! Remember the Essential Platinum remix - was great update.

Also available as a free download on Gammers sound cloud (I think!)

SmashingTheSirens

United Kingdom
126 posts
Posted - 2014/04/25 :  11:15:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SmashingTheSirens's homepage  Reply with quote
I listened to Radio 1 this morning by chance on the way to work and they played an advert for the Happy Hardcore FM part of the show. I didn't actually hear the section where they played some tunes but it sounded pretty mocking from what I heard, and Nick Grimshaw is annoying so I'm guessing it's not to promote hardcore in anyway!

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/04/25 :  13:50:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
to be honest the stereotype for hardcore in the uk is well justified and deserving of mocking.. its not pretty at all.

SmashingTheSirens

United Kingdom
126 posts
Posted - 2014/04/25 :  14:14:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SmashingTheSirens's homepage  Reply with quote
Haha, most probably is justified. The fact that they use "happy hardcore" too! Instead of UK tells you everything!

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2014/04/25 :  19:52:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by SmashingTheSirens:
I listened to Radio 1 this morning by chance on the way to work and they played an advert for the Happy Hardcore FM part of the show. I didn't actually hear the section where they played some tunes but it sounded pretty mocking from what I heard, and Nick Grimshaw is annoying so I'm guessing it's not to promote hardcore in anyway!

They can mock it if they want. I'd much prefer to listen to it than the utter crap EDM, house whatever you want to call it you hear these days!! Some of the stuff that gets in charts is crap like Martin Garrix - Animals and Wizard. Some is hard to listen to with the high pitched risers you hear in alot of EDM genres now including some trance.

Edited by - Sulphurik on 2014/04/25 19:53:16
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/04/26 :  10:34:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sulphurik:
quote:

They can mock it if they want. I'd much prefer to listen to it than the utter crap EDM, house whatever you want to call it you hear these days!! Some of the stuff that gets in charts is crap like Martin Garrix - Animals and Wizard. Some is hard to listen to with the high pitched risers you hear in alot of EDM genres now including some trance.

Don't get me started on Animals. Sounds more like My First Venture Into FL Studio. Seriously though, anyone could've made that tune. If it were me, I would've thought "this sounds a bit shit" and deleted the project.

bantamlad1
Starting Member

United Kingdom
17 posts
Posted - 2014/12/19 :  08:58:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bantamlad1's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

I just heard their "happy hardcore FM" segment and it's definitely a total mocking. An example being Nick dimshaw was pretending to be an mc saying "it's Friday morning so that means we're all raving yeahhhh". Painful. He then played basshunter - jingle bells for about a minute and half following up with laughter and "err not for me" going on to say "the only reason we played it was.." and I stopped listening. What a moron..

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
590 posts
Posted - 2014/12/21 :  12:45:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
Its a real shame they are taking the piss

A while back I thought it would be a great idea if somebody from the scene approached them to get involved and used the small segment to promote some of the newer upfront stuff, maybe expand the appeal of the music.

Now we know Radio 1 is officially laughing at the scene :(

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2014/12/21 :  13:54:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by GrahamC:
Its a real shame they are taking the piss

A while back I thought it would be a great idea if somebody from the scene approached them to get involved and used the small segment to promote some of the newer upfront stuff, maybe expand the appeal of the music.

Now we know Radio 1 is officially laughing at the scene :(

Fuck em. It's not the worst thing that's happened to hardcore. If they get their kicks playing a track from two decades ago whilst shouting "HAVE IT!" then let them. Just sounds like they're having a bit of fun.
If anything, no one is going to stop listening to hardcore because of this - but some folk might get curious and look further and like it.
We should be more then used to being mocked and laughed at, anyway.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/12/21 :  14:32:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
Come on. Surely no one thought that Hardcore would ever be taken seriously? It's just too abnormal for the general population. And that's great. **** the mainstream. I don't feel the need to be accepted by everyone else to enjoy what i enjoy.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2014/12/21 14:32:33
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/12/21 :  16:46:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
Come on. Surely no one thought that Hardcore would ever be taken seriously? It's just too abnormal for the general population. And that's great. **** the mainstream. I don't feel the need to be accepted by everyone else to enjoy what i enjoy.

Exactly what I've been saying for many years

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.28 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page