Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 Nuskool Breaks
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Lusive
Average Member

Australia
151 posts
Posted - 2002/12/25 :  12:46:55  Show profile Send a private message
Is it just me or is this style becoming as bad as hard house? Its like every song is like the next, and they all want you to be angry. None of the newer shit is emotive at all (except that speed freak angry feeling thing they got going).

I have plenty of older nuskool breaks that were absolutely amazing, musically, and i have only found the odd record thats been even the slightest bit progressive or emotive these days.

The worst is i used to live for progressive breaks, i loved them to bits, but now its seems that the intelligent breaks tracks have been pushed away. I am incredibly sad about this. You wouldnt believe how sad.

ps. if you want to hear an example of where breaks is going (and has been for a ages..) check out the "raw as f**k" label. Yeh its clean, loud, hard breaks, but if they are all like that what is the point of a dj trying to be creative? should just put a jukebox up there.

Anyone elses thoughts?

| A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. "Hear that?" you say. "That's dynamite, baby." -Jack Handy |

Alert moderator
Oli G
Advanced Member

United States
1,817 posts
Oli G is verified hardcore artist Oli G has donated money to the site Oli G has attended 41 events
Posted - 2002/12/25 :  12:59:43  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Oli G's homepage
first i disagree that hardhouse is bad

second i dont agree
the raw as **** stuff is by the freestylers btw....

i have heard lots of stuff from my mate who plays nuskool breaks, loads of the stuff is ****in ace...
so i disagree with ur point
but as said
this is a discussion board and only imo
:D

CAM001 Out FEB2003
Distribution Through Nu Energy & Imo
www.camelrecords.co.uk

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_

http://www.myspace.com/camelrecords

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Lusive
Average Member

Australia
151 posts
Posted - 2002/12/26 :  15:52:06  Show profile  Send a private message
ok, i guess i am alone.. just being a sour little bastard..

I can just imagine it now.. all the children at church calling me names "sour puss, sour puss na na neena na..." *sniffle*

i guess i was just wondering if anyone felt the same. I mean take hybrid, those guys used to be so incredibly unique.. and now its like they are striving to morph their style into the standard breaks style.

bah i dunno.. my whole world is falling around me *cries*

| A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. "Hear that?" you say. "That's dynamite, baby." -Jack Handy |

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/12/26 :  19:45:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
(1) I never really got into nu-skool breaks - so much less interesting than the faster breakbeat genres IMHO.

(2) Never really liked hard house either, especially not the UK variety. Very oompah-loompah and every track sounds like the next. I consider it to be hard nrg's retarded little cousin.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Stevie c
Advanced Member

Belgium
3,836 posts

204 hardcore releases
Stevie c has donated money to the site
Posted - 2003/01/02 :  05:42:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Stevie c's homepage
I agree Hard house is poo
Breaks is ok but really for ppl who don't want to admit they like harcore alas Fat boy slim

Your into the sound of Rebellion

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.67 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page