Printer friendly
Page: 
of 15

Author Thread  
Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2014/03/31 :  19:10:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Agreed. Glad i forked out a big wedge of wonga on the 20/20 boxset.

Me too, but I did feel a little bit slighted when it was revealed just how much of the music was to be released outside of the box.. not that it would've changed my decision to purchase at all

My dad bought the box set for me. All great. Then I saw the certificate with his name on it rather then mine!
Aren't all of the tracks due to be released digitally now? I'm almost positive I read that somewhere.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Alert moderator Go to top of page
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2014/03/31 :  19:37:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
I don't think it's all of it, but pretty close

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2014/03/31 :  19:46:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

There was a massive amount of extra music, not to mention all the samples and files and mixes, etc, and of course the box set itself. But still, you might expect a touch more exclusivity with the tracks for what we paid.
On the other hand, I imagine it's available on some dodgy site so I guess a few extra quid in the coffers for Luna-C is better then nothing extra, it's not like he's never given anything away before.
I'm not that selfish really, I mean music is for everyone and that, but, well... you know where I'm coming from. At least we got glowsticks and posters.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2014/03/31 :  19:57:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:

There was a massive amount of extra music, not to mention all the samples and files and mixes, etc, and of course the box set itself. But still, you might expect a touch more exclusivity with the tracks for what we paid.
On the other hand, I imagine it's available on some dodgy site so I guess a few extra quid in the coffers for Luna-C is better then nothing extra, it's not like he's never given anything away before.
I'm not that selfish really, I mean music is for everyone and that, but, well... you know where I'm coming from. At least we got glowsticks and posters.

Well yeah, though most of that had already been made available. I actually got the impression that he'd planned to keep it more exclusive but there was a lot of clamoring from people wanting it all and I think perhaps he underestimated how much demand there would be. I don't have a source for that quote though so I could be wrong

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/03/31 :  22:01:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
Yea I too am a bit disappointed in the lack of exclusivity it has become. I honestly think he should have upped the amount of boxes being released and made it COMPLETELY exclusive.

HollowRipper
Average Member

United Kingdom
155 posts
HollowRipper has attended 12 events
Posted - 2014/03/31 :  22:06:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit HollowRipper's homepage  Reply with quote
Can't even tell you how long i've been waiting for most of these tracks. But it's a long blooming time. Was waiting for me when i got home for my dinner today, went straight in the cd player.

Amazing.

More than worth the wait, was never even tempted to skip any track. And the DJ mix is, well, Brisk at his best really. Love it.

(But i still want Twatris vip)

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/03/31 :  23:45:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Yay!

Now I can sleep, somewhat sated. Fankoo!

CDJay

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/04/01 :  07:18:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Yea I too am a bit disappointed in the lack of exclusivity it has become. I honestly think he should have upped the amount of boxes being released and made it COMPLETELY exclusive.

tbh I still think exclusivity kills most of the stuff. I dont mind if it's exclusive 2-3 years after original release, but if they really want people to hear their music, they should (re-)release it eventually. They dont earn money by letting it dissapear.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2014/04/01 07:19:01
Bad Corey
Average Member

United States
235 posts
Posted - 2014/04/01 :  09:52:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bad Corey's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:

tbh I still think exclusivity kills most of the stuff. I dont mind if it's exclusive 2-3 years after original release, but if they really want people to hear their music, they should (re-)release it eventually. They dont earn money by letting it dissapear.

I paid 150 USD to Starstruck for the entire AWF catalogue when he pulled them off the download sites back in 2011. I wasn't exactly pleased to see the whole thing go up for free.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2014/04/01 :  11:48:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
Well back to the brisk album! First off i'm a massive Brisk fan and always have been. I can't help feeling that CD1 being labelled as "upfront" could be taken as a statement of sarcasm as most of these tracks have been around for some time but until now unreleased. I can't help thinking that it's almost criminal that we have had to wait so long for some music to finally get out there.

Disk 1:- upfront lol
-My heartbeat, Into the sunlight, falling into you, Fukk me harder and break the concrete aren't weak tracks by any means (the breakbeat track on the disk is the weak one for me), but they aren't overly strong either.
- The fracus/Al storm remix of your angel has me split down the middle and i'm not sure if i like it or not. it's mostly down to liking some elements of it and hating others to be honest.
- Feel the friction and nothing to say both featured on HU6 and like the first lot are good tracks but nothing special and as they are brisks newer stuff makes me worry a little about what his future work might be and how many years we will have to wait to get our hands on it.
-Tweakers and speakers Is very much a grower and it's the third best track on the disk while never w been is pretty good too.
-Life's a journey and Every time are easily some of brisks best ever work and it's criminal that the wait has been this long, particularly Every time. All hardcore should sound like that belter. It's definitely going to get into my top 10 of all time.

Disk 2 remixes:-
Most of these are good for filling spaces in your older track selection if you like them but for me it's the newer remixes of love of my life and reach out that make this disk worth it.

Disk 3 mixed by brisk:-
Ok the only mixing i listened to is between eyeopener and on & on and it's bloody epic by todays standards and i think the rest is probably just as good. The tracks are not the ones i would have liked to hear him mix from his vast collection of works over the years but that is just taste i'm afraid and the selection could not please everyone. Thankfully the mix wasn't just tracks from the previous disks like other albums like this so that is refreshing. The major point is the aforementioned utter destruction of airhead by S3rl but it seems other folk here seemed to like that so i'll shut up.

Highlights have to be Every time/Life's a journey and the almost full length and incredible quality eyeopener.
Let downs have to be the age of the tracks and if this is really his first (ie suggests a second) If he starts writing now and HU put it together we might see it before 2019???

Where does it rank in recent HU projects?? Well it's nowhere near HU6, HU2013 or This is powerstomp. Its far superior to Marc smiths effort and anything Farcus & Darwin have done and so i think it ranks next to Al Storm and Euphony's album. Musically, it's better than mind over matter but the material is dated so i think Mind over matter wins out. Don't get me wrong i would rather have this album than not have it and perhaps it is worth the wait because a lot of the music is very good. There really isn't a lot of weak music on here but i would have perhaps rather singular releases of the good tracks instead of having to wait 3 years for Every time.

Edited by - Vladel on 2014/04/01 11:49:19
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/04/01 :  12:34:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bad Corey:
quote:
quote:

I paid 150 USD to Starstruck for the entire AWF catalogue when he pulled them off the download sites back in 2011. I wasn't exactly pleased to see the whole thing go up for free.

Nor would I, that's outrageous!

DJ Reevzy

United Kingdom
128 posts
Posted - 2014/04/01 :  12:54:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Reevzy's homepage  Reply with quote
Just got the latest HU bundle...fookin wicked! Can't beat a bit of Brisk!

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/04/01 :  13:54:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:
Originally posted by Bad Corey:
quote:
quote:

Nor would I, that's outrageous!

wow 150??? That's insane and you totally got ripped off. I don't think he should have charged more than 100 for that.

Dogsy
Average Member

United Kingdom
212 posts
Dogsy has attended 4 events
Posted - 2014/04/01 :  18:02:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dogsy's homepage  Reply with quote
Saturday- didn't turn up, nor yesterday or today- pre ordered ages ago, only got confirmation email this morning :( I hope its worth the wait ;)

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/04/01 :  18:20:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
What's the track and trace say?

Still not entirely up to date, but all preorders are out at least!

CDJay

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 15 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 9  10  11  12  13  14  15
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.14 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page