Printer friendly
Page: 
of 14

Author Thread  
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/03/31 :  19:31:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Penance for pausatus

CDJay

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Rodz90
Average Member

United Kingdom
208 posts
Posted - 2014/04/02 :  13:51:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rodz90's homepage  Reply with quote
Got mine today

Some brilliant tracks, i don't really think it's necessary to leave a "proper" review, we all know most of these tracks and this is more of a collectors thing. Although i will say the mix is great to listen to and it's nice to have some sought after gems.

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2014/04/02 :  19:23:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage  Reply with quote
Can't wait, got the mail today that the bundle has been shipped! PLEASE COME ON FRIDAY, NOT MONDAY!!

My SOUNDCLOUD

Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/04/02 :  23:22:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage  Reply with quote
Where can I find a good JPEG of the album artwork? I'm a bit of a pixel snob like that!

It would be sweet if CDJay put ALL of the HU albums'/releases' artwork in the gallery on the HU site

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2014/04/03 :  09:10:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
I've just noticed something in the booklet, all the tracks are credited to Essential Platinum, despite some of them being Futureworld releases, presumably this means that they still keep the rights to the tracks despite them being put out by Futureworld? Also, CD3 only lists credits for two tracks (Back Home, Knight in Shining Armour), is this an error or something else?

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/04/03 :  10:03:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
First off, we will add 500x500 cover images to the gallery as requested.

The reason for CD3 not having complete label copy is the duplication on CD4; rather than pointlessly expanding to an 8 page booklet simply to accommodate redundant info we presented it so that any given track has label copy should someone be interested.

Our original plan was to have fairly comprehensive booklets containing any and all relevant project info, as well as past, present and future releases. The problem is that this is a significant cost with a *lot* of pointless duplication. It makes more sense to have flyers or catalogues which are posted out with every order and keep the per project costs down. So that's the plan, going forward.

Stuff like "Filth & Dumb Hatred", or the "Balancing Act" reissue, won't even have a booklet at all,as the label copy can handily sit on the panel.

As for any label/credit stuff, it is as supplied and only checked for spelling/crediting/formatting errors by us so I can't answer any questions about rights etc.

Hope you're all either already enjoying, or about to receive, the album(s)!

CDJay

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2014/04/03 :  10:51:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
First off, we will add 500x500 cover images to the gallery as requested.

The reason for CD3 not having complete label copy is the duplication on CD4; rather than pointlessly expanding to an 8 page booklet simply to accommodate redundant info we presented it so that any given track has label copy should someone be interested.

Our original plan was to have fairly comprehensive booklets containing any and all relevant project info, as well as past, present and future releases. The problem is that this is a significant cost with a *lot* of pointless duplication. It makes more sense to have flyers or catalogues which are posted out with every order and keep the per project costs down. So that's the plan, going forward.

Stuff like "Filth & Dumb Hatred", or the "Balancing Act" reissue, won't even have a booklet at all,as the label copy can handily sit on the panel.

As for any label/credit stuff, it is as supplied and only checked for spelling/crediting/formatting errors by us so I can't answer any questions about rights etc.

Hope you're all either already enjoying, or about to receive, the album(s)!

CDJay

Cheers :) Yes, they're all brilliant, I've been selecting tracks for a 'tracks from recent(ish) HU CDs' mix but there's *so* many it's taking some time to get a shortlist haha

Edited by - arpz on 2014/04/03 10:53:19
Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2014/04/04 :  11:17:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage  Reply with quote
Got the bundle today, yaaay!

So far, listened to this album. I knew half of the tracks so I skipped some of them. Overall, I'm as already known overjoyed to have a digital full version of Fires In The Sky and after listening to the facelift I'm like: "FULL VERSION PLX?!". I like them both very much! Also the facelift of All My Life, when/where can we get this? Is that a FW deal?

Overall, a good album. Some gems, some new discoveries and some crap tunes (unfortunately). :)

My SOUNDCLOUD

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/04/04 :  11:38:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
Got the bundle today, yaaay!

So far, listened to this album. I knew half of the tracks so I skipped some of them. Overall, I'm as already known overjoyed to have a digital full version of Fires In The Sky and after listening to the facelift I'm like: "FULL VERSION PLX?!". I like them both very much! Also the facelift of All My Life, when/where can we get this? Is that a FW deal?

Overall, a good album. Some gems, some new discoveries and some crap tunes (unfortunately). :)

Bro beans, you can get the Facelift mix of Fires In The Sky from Gammer's label: Gammer: The Archives.

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2014/04/04 :  11:57:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage  Reply with quote
Oooooooohhhhhh!

My SOUNDCLOUD

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/04/04 :  12:12:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I didn't know that!

piumaki

Italy
446 posts
Posted - 2014/04/04 :  13:45:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit piumaki's homepage  Reply with quote
Not a big issue to be honest, but I am the only one who doesnt have artwork and id tag on cd 2,3,4 after rippin the cd on my laptop?

Anyway, I m gonna start listen to the album!

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2014/04/04 :  14:21:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage  Reply with quote
Didn't have any tags on any of the bundle CDs... :P Had to type every CD (8 in total) manually.

My SOUNDCLOUD

Edited by - Quicksilver on 2014/04/04 14:21:46
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/04/04 :  14:30:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
There is CD text, but not online database presence.

I'm investigating ways to get precisely that for past, present and future projects!

CDJay

piumaki

Italy
446 posts
Posted - 2014/04/04 :  14:48:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit piumaki's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
There is CD text, but not online database presence.

I'm investigating ways to get precisely that for past, present and future projects!

CDJay

Dont know why, but for example CD 1 (or the whole Brisk album) is perfectly tagged

Anyway, tag or not tag, I'm enjoying it very much!!!! :D

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 14 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 10  11  12  13  14
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.86 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page