Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Back In The Daaaaaaay
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
tranceplanter
Starting Member

United Kingdom
13 posts
Posted - 2003/01/07 :  13:03:07  Show profile Send a private message
I accidentally stumbled across this site whilst looking for something else...ahhh, memories...takes me back a few years...Slammin' Vinyl at Bagleys, London. Happy Days indeed.

Let's face it though, hardcore's crap these days, innit? I stopped buying it in about 1997. The "hardcore" these days just sounds like unimaginative badly-produced too-fast trance. Mind you, I still have stacks of 1994-97 proper English Happy Hardcore - I'd love to record a set for your radio - how would I go about doing that?

Alert moderator
MCDJ

United Kingdom
280 posts
Posted - 2003/01/07 :  13:07:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MCDJ's homepage
i dont think dissing hardcore is the first step mate
how can you say hardcore is crap
its getting better and better
read the news section mate cos it points out that your wrong...way wrong

mcdj 2oo3

cheers

Rave On !!!!

Rave On !!!!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
tranceplanter
Starting Member

United Kingdom
13 posts
Posted - 2003/01/07 :  13:15:28  Show profile  Send a private message
Well, we're all entitled to our own opinion, aren't we m8y...

Anyway, I wasn't dissing hardcore per se - I'm just not feeling the new stuff. Like I said, I used to go to Slammin' Vinyl, Dreamscape, ridiculous illegal parties in quarries and forests...when the music was pure quality (Remix Records, Kniteforce etc.) and the vibe was unbeatable. You just don't get it anywhere else any more.

Siiiiggggghhhh...

djtommyrenegade
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,311 posts
djtommyrenegade has attended 8 events
Posted - 2003/01/07 :  23:29:46  Show profile  Send a private message
personally, i think hardcore was better back in the day, and that it is become more like speeded up hard trance, but this is the direction that our genre is going. Some of it is fooking mental, but the old stuf, just cannot be beaten, but that was backin the day

DJ Tommy Renegade

NORTHERN IRELAND HARDCORE POSSE!

Oli G
Advanced Member

United States
1,817 posts
Oli G is verified hardcore artist Oli G has donated money to the site Oli G has attended 41 events
Posted - 2003/01/08 :  04:26:34  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Oli G's homepage
i personaly ****ing hate it when people say it was better back in the day
, back in the day was when you first started raving, and when u first got into it thats what you liked, so now new ravers who get into the scene are experiencing what it was like for the oldskool lot when they first started....
people say "it will never be the same as it was back in the day" course it wont, u only start raving once... so if someone gets into the scene now, 5 yrs time, they will look back and reminice too, and will get slated by tits like me, again :)

(most of this post was taken from what someone on ush said.. it was a good point, i thought id translate it, i didnt wanna take credit for it)

p.s this doesnt mean i hate oldskool, or old hardcore, its great, and when i got into hardcore, tunes like that will never be made again, but unlike some i can look forward onto whats comming out now too :)

CAM001 Out MARCH2003
Distribution Through Nu Energy & Imo
www.camelrecords.co.uk

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_

http://www.myspace.com/camelrecords

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2003/01/08 :  04:39:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
^^ *claps*

You go Oli ... whack 'em with that STFU stick!!

F*** like you're being filmed.

Stevie c
Advanced Member

Belgium
3,836 posts

204 hardcore releases
Stevie c has donated money to the site
Posted - 2003/01/08 :  06:58:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Stevie c's homepage
Absloutely!!
I got in to Hardcore or should i say rave in '92 and i was worried then that i had missed the boat cos ppl were saying it wasn't them same and was 1) dieing or 2) going commercial, both arguements are rubbish, irritating and wrong. I am a hardcore fanatic I also love old skool, I have difficult days trying to decide which I love more, then i give up because a scene must progress, It should take different directions some we like some we won't.
However there will always be another person out there who likes what you like so genres never go away. The original post basically says
'I liked hardcore when it was cool to like it, cos i would hear it, but as time progressed, i heard it less more kids got into the scene I felt old and grew a goaty put on cords and dug house'
I know i was there, sometimes there was nothing else to do!! but I wouldn't moan or reminise I would push DJ's to experiment and try hardcore, I like House, I like techno but I never have and never will give up being hardcore, it was my scene and I won't let it become history. Perhaps Silver you can set up OldSkool.com so oldies of heart can go there and die peacefully with each other, My memories are old and new but my heart is fresh, keep it kicking and if you don't like it.......change it!! But please don't tell me again how great Diehard, Kentic, Bagleys, Fantazia or Universe were I know!! I was there!! Get in to the scene, move on or please share your stories with that group of ppl that love remembering how MAD their first trip was

Your into the sound of Rebellion

Rika
Starting Member

United Arab Emirates
5 posts
Posted - 2003/01/08 :  09:49:11  Show profile  Send a private message
geez everywhere i go people are talking about "Back in the Day, this and that was so much better.. oh the scenes so dead now.. ohh the music sucks so much more now.." its not true, you just suck more now! learn how to have a good time. wait for some of the new stuff coming soon..

wait.. i may be wrong. Ever since they passed that R.A.V.E act everything has been going downhill, but still.. i hate generalizations.

LOvE iS GoD LoVE IS WaR LoVE IS WhAT YoUR LiFe iS For! Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. Please dont start WW3 Mr. Bush!! F*ck with me and i'll saw off your legs MWWUUAAAFUUAAK

LOvE iS GoD LoVE IS WaR LoVE IS WhAT YoUR LiFe iS For! Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. Please dont start WW3 Mr. Bush!! F*ck with me and i'll saw off your legs MWWUUAAAFUUAAK

CandyAss

United States
471 posts
Posted - 2003/01/08 :  09:59:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CandyAss's homepage
A lot of old happycore DJs I talk to stopped buying it in '97 or so and I think that's the problem. Yes, after '97 when everyone in the world stopped liking it (except us true heads ) good tracks were very few and far between and it seemed like the death of good ole' hardcore or it's transgression to shoddy trancecore. It's only been recently that there's been a sorta' rebirth of that old touch that also has a newer element along with it. Listen to some of the tracks that came out in the past year, and you'll see that yes, it's not the same thing as it was back in the day, but man, it's good stuff!

CandyAss
Drew
http://www.valence2000.com
http://www.hardcorps.org

CandyAss

United States
471 posts
Posted - 2003/01/08 :  10:03:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CandyAss's homepage
Oh, and about Kniteforce. If you haven't heard it's back and Luna-C and crew are making tracks with an oldskool vibe again. check it http://www.kniteforce.co.uk

CandyAss
Drew
http://www.valence2000.com

dj_stey_iz_ere
Average Member

United Kingdom
227 posts
Posted - 2003/01/08 :  11:19:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dj_stey_iz_ere's homepage
hhc has always bin bangin every since it was introduced in wen eva it was

------------------------
Dont drink and drive,

smoke Weed and fly

smoke Weed and fly

tranceplanter
Starting Member

United Kingdom
13 posts
Posted - 2003/01/08 :  11:38:30  Show profile  Send a private message
OK OK OK - fair play. The little grenade I lobbed has produced some [mostly] interesting responses.

I just wonder whether 5 years from now you will be reminiscing about the halcyon days and the happy hardcore music of circa 2002 like we do about circa 1995...or in 1995 when the snobs were reminiscing about 1992...(sample quote "and the pills were better")

BTW - I notice that Mark EG plays out a lot at hardcore events these days, I assume he is playing the modern hardcore style - if you ever see him, please approach him and remind him about the days when he used to TOTALLY SLATE hardcore ALL THE TIME in a magazine called Eternity. Then watch him squirm...

mc trev
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
736 posts
mc trev has attended 2 events
Posted - 2003/01/08 :  11:52:22  Show profile  Send a private message
oh hell no we wont let it beat us,ain't nothing in this world is goonna defeat us,
we got ur body pumping, scott brown got ur body moving,

hixxy,wizzkid,raverbaby

mc storm sounded much better back in 96/97 and the music we were listening to befor 2000 was called "hardcore"

now this nu stuff (which i realy like) is not hardcore, its called freeform

why is hardcore called hardcore when it could be called bouncy techno?

Oli G
Advanced Member

United States
1,817 posts
Oli G is verified hardcore artist Oli G has donated money to the site Oli G has attended 41 events
Posted - 2003/01/08 :  12:27:53  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Oli G's homepage
mark eg still doesnt play hardcore
he plays hard trance, as he always has done
(i think heh)

CAM001 Out MARCH2003
Distribution Through Nu Energy & Imo
www.camelrecords.co.uk

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_

http://www.myspace.com/camelrecords

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2003/01/08 :  12:37:24  Show profile  Send a private message
back in the daaaaaaaay topics weren't so gaaaaaay =P

not going to say much on this other than oli's statement was dead on, and if you don't like the tunage now a days why don't you get out there and produce you're own tunes so you'll stop you're whining? =P

"Cuz I'm hardcore, heavyweight, magical man."

tranceplanter
Starting Member

United Kingdom
13 posts
Posted - 2003/01/08 :  12:54:36  Show profile  Send a private message
Ha ha ha - I'm being lectured on dance music by a ****ing yank! I bet you were still listeniing to Green Day last year until your "buddy" told you about this happening "new" scene...

Don't bite, Fido

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.92 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page