Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 Euro 2016
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2014/02/23 :  20:12:51  Show profile Send a private message
just saw the group scotland got germany, gibraltar, republic of ireland, georgia & poland

felling pretty confident we can qualify for it not seen scotland in a major tournament in years

what sort of group did your country get n how do you expect they will do?

Alert moderator
wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2014/02/23 :  20:17:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
england should qualify but will no doubt make it difficult for themselves as per usual

Group E: England, Switzerland, Slovenia, Estonia, Lithuania, San Marino

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - wong on 2014/02/23 20:19:03
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/02/23 :  20:17:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Couldn't have picked England's group better myself!

Torpex
Advanced Member

Poland
824 posts
Torpex has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/02/23 :  20:32:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Torpex's homepage
Ha! All pushovers! Gibraltar tho... :(

The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2014/02/23 :  20:53:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Couldn't have picked England's group better myself!

it would be better if england had germany and we got san marino lol germany have so many brilliant players england should have no problems tho...then again it's england after all like wong said they always seem to make it hard for themselves

scotland should finish 2nd no doubt gordon strachan is the best manager we've had since walter smith took charge for a year

The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2014/02/23 :  20:54:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Torpex:

lol pretty confident not worried about germany at all?

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/02/24 :  02:04:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
Maybe y'all should stop having England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland compete separately and just compete together as Great Britain or United Kingdom just like in the Olympics. Maybe y'all might actually win one of these.

The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2014/02/24 :  02:08:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Maybe y'all should stop having England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland compete separately and just compete together as Great Britain or United Kingdom just like in the Olympics. Maybe y'all might actually win one of these.

i've always thout it should be that way all the best players playing for britain/UK National team (whatever you want to call it) and england,scotland,wales & northern ireland being used to give other players a chance to get some international experience

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/02/24 :  02:32:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
Correct me if I'm wrong, but are all 4 of those nations run under one same government??? If so, technically they're not individual countries and all 4 shouldn't even be allowed to compete separately.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/02/24 :  03:17:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but are all 4 of those nations run under one same government??? If so, technically they're not individual countries and all 4 shouldn't even be allowed to compete separately.

They're all run by the same government, but the government has very little say over what goes in Scotland NI and Wales. They each have their own assemblies which act as governments. Scotland has it's own government, but it's represented by London. They have their own parliaments and so on and so forth. I prefer it as 4 nations, but I don't understand why we enter the Olympics as Team GB.

It may be because the association that runs our Olympic team is one that operates throughout the United Kingdom, whereas in, say, football, we have a Welsh FA, an English FA and a Scottish FA. They all run their own national teams.

It may also be down to regional slots allocated for the Olympics, but I don't know much about that

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/02/24 :  06:00:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:

They're all run by the same government, but the government has very little say over what goes in Scotland NI and Wales. They each have their own assemblies which act as governments. Scotland has it's own government, but it's represented by London. They have their own parliaments and so on and so forth. I prefer it as 4 nations, but I don't understand why we enter the Olympics as Team GB.

It may be because the association that runs our Olympic team is one that operates throughout the United Kingdom, whereas in, say, football, we have a Welsh FA, an English FA and a Scottish FA. They all run their own national teams.

It may also be down to regional slots allocated for the Olympics, but I don't know much about that

That pretty much sounds like how the US is run; a central US government with each state having its own legislature and government. They have their own court system, their own representatives and senate and governor, which is like the president of that state. They are welcome to make their own laws provided they don't interfere with the rights of individuals and entities that are protected by the constitution that governs the whole country, and also as long as it isn't deemed unconstitutional by the Supreme Court.

They really should just do a team GB or UK in every int'l event such as Euro Cup or World Cup.

Edited by - latininxtc on 2014/02/24 08:35:28
Torpex
Advanced Member

Poland
824 posts
Torpex has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/02/24 :  11:50:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Torpex's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by The Dopeman:
quote:
Originally posted by Torpex:

lol pretty confident not worried about germany at all?

Nope, not at all!

;)

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/02/24 :  12:02:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
quote:

Never going to happen. A lot of Scottish people don't like the English, although I've never understood it myself. In football, scots refer to the English as 'The Auld Enemy'. Anyway we could be completely independent of the UK by September

Edited by - The drunken scotsman on 2014/02/24 12:03:50
Traktoririst

Estonia
43 posts
Posted - 2014/02/24 :  12:49:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Traktoririst's homepage
Estonia... We will fail. I think.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/02/24 :  14:26:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
lol Scotland sounds like the Texas of the British empire.

don_simon3000

Austria
342 posts
Posted - 2014/02/24 :  16:23:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit don_simon3000's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by The Dopeman:
just saw the group scotland got germany, gibraltar, republic of ireland, georgia & poland

felling pretty confident we can qualify for it not seen scotland in a major tournament in years

what sort of group did your country get n how do you expect they will do?

like always, germany gets an easy group.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.83 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page