Printer friendly
Page: 
of 11

Author Thread  
Pravin
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 posts
Posted - 2014/05/27 :  19:47:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Pravin's homepage  Reply with quote
[/quote]

I'm sure we'll have arranged something by the time it comes round. Personally i don't know the area at all so relying on others to suggest somewhere to meet beforehand
[/quote]

There is this pub called The Flying Standard. It's owned by Wetherspoons. It's about 5-10 min walk from the warehouse. I know this is open for sure. Link below

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/the-flying-standard

Alert moderator Go to top of page
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/05/27 :  19:53:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
I like to think that I can be depended on to be still rocking in the last hour

No matter what state I get myself in, I always seem to be right there with you for the last hour!

Even if you don't remember!

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/05/27 :  20:06:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Hey, Arpz, show that video and podcast to your local raver peeps. Surely that will help them see sense?

CDJay

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/05/27 :  20:53:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
I like to think that I can be depended on to be still rocking in the last hour

No matter what state I get myself in, I always seem to be right there with you for the last hour!

I always try and pace myself but age beats enthusiasm every time! :-\

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/05/27 :  21:09:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
You gonna come, Elliot? ;)

CDJay

I'd love to but me and my dad are off to Wembley for England vs Peru. I really don't think he's gonna want to come raving in Coventry afterwards!

Edit: "love to" might be a bit of an exaggeration. I don't have any friends who like hardcore (previously I've always bullied a semi-willing friend or my girlfriend into coming with me) and the idea of going to one on my own still seems totes awks.

GO PERU!!!!!

You're backing a loser with that one! :P

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/05/27 :  21:16:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
quote:
You gonna come, Elliot? ;)

CDJay

I'd love to but me and my dad are off to Wembley for England vs Peru. I really don't think he's gonna want to come raving in Coventry afterwards!

Edit: "love to" might be a bit of an exaggeration. I don't have any friends who like hardcore (previously I've always bullied a semi-willing friend or my girlfriend into coming with me) and the idea of going to one on my own still seems totes awks.

GO PERU!!!!!

You're backing a loser with that one! :P

They're both losers, as neither of them will win the world cup!

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2014/05/27 :  21:26:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
i think argentina will win. id like to see belgium win though ( other than england of course )

robertybob

United Kingdom
328 posts
Posted - 2014/05/27 :  21:28:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit robertybob's homepage  Reply with quote
I won't be attending the event or buying the CD as I simply detest MCs. I thought True Hardcore 1 & 2 had a nice balance of MC's 'Hosting' it and I fear this album will have MCs all over it.

I understand that's the whole idea - having people aggressively spout random stuff over tracks is embedded in the scene.. I don't call myself a raver, I'd never go to a rave for that reason, I just appreciate the music. I hope I'm not the only one who has this opinion.

I guess in a way I'm jealous that all the great tunes that the HU guys teased in the new podcast will be on this album and I'd be missing out, I just hope some make their way to HU 7.

Someone please back me up?

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/05/27 :  21:50:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by robertybob:
I won't be attending the event or buying the CD as I simply detest MCs. I thought True Hardcore 1 & 2 had a nice balance of MC's 'Hosting' it and I fear this album will have MCs all over it.

I understand that's the whole idea - having people aggressively spout random stuff over tracks is embedded in the scene.. I don't call myself a raver, I'd never go to a rave for that reason, I just appreciate the music. I hope I'm not the only one who has this opinion.

I guess in a way I'm jealous that all the great tunes that the HU guys teased in the new podcast will be on this album and I'd be missing out, I just hope some make their way to HU 7.

I won't be at the even either, but that's because I'm 5,000 miles away from Coventry, but I will say when I saw the MC lineup I became a bit concerned that they booked 2 MCs per set with the exception of Fracus, Darwin, and Entity's set. I'm fine with MC Obie and MC Mayhem doing a separate set as they aren't overbearing obnoxious MCs like Storm and Keyes, but to put them together makes me think that yes there will be too much MCing for that one set.

I've never heard Frickshon live (not that I can remember at least), so I can't comment on his MCing, but Wotsee is a bit too much sometimes in my opinion. Certainly not as much as Keyes and Storm, but it's borderline there. I'm fine with MC Whizzkid on the mix as he's one of the few that I find to be pretty decent. And Hearing Reese will be a treat.

I'm just ecstatic that MCs Keyes and Storm will not be on the album! And if I were there for the event, I'd just switch rooms to avoid them.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/05/27 :  22:11:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Nope! :-p

This is what CDJay said on the subject and i think it looks like the balance (if it works out as planned) will be just right -

The CDs will have "hosts" and crowd noise. "This is just like a CD pack!" I hear cried? Thankfully no, not really. This is intended as a fusion of the better aspects of each into something relatively unique in genre. Each aspect will be captured as a separate stem; the "mix" will be kept in the digital domain through the mixer whilst the host will run through a decent A/D before being captured "raw". Same for crowd noise. These parts will be later brought together as fastidiously as one would hope for the final mastered album mixes.

Another difference is that as these mixes will be compiled, structured and planned over the next few months is the opportunity for the hosts to be more involved in the process. The last thing we want is a "typical" MC set, and I'm entirely aware some people would rather there were no MCs over the music at all. Albums usually give the opportunity for DJ/Producers to showcase their craft and this is an effort to afford the same to MCs who want to do something new and involved. It's safe to say that compared to the norm these will be pared back performances, but hopefully all the better for it. The current plan is to have 2 mixes with sparse and tightly integrated hosting and 2 mixes with a more standard feel.

Even if none of that convinces you, I'm sure you've seen us allude to the intention to "bridge" the CD vs Digital album divide. This is a perfect opportunity. By purchasing the CD album we intend to supply digital "rights" on our store to grab a version with just the mix. This will only be available with the purchase of the physical product.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/05/27 :  22:28:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
If you listen to the podcast you'll get a decent idea of what Reese is doing, at least.

CDJay

robertybob

United Kingdom
328 posts
Posted - 2014/05/27 :  23:06:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit robertybob's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
If you listen to the podcast you'll get a decent idea of what Reese is doing, at least.

CDJay

I did, I like Reece and the stuff he did with K12 studios too :) Thing is he sounds like a rapper (maybe it's just the American accent).

Seeing as I'm on my own here, will there be album samples uploaded before / after the album is released? :)

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/05/27 :  23:28:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

CDJay

I did, I like Reece and the stuff he did with K12 studios too :) Thing is he sounds like a rapper (maybe it's just the American accent).

Well, that pretty much is what an MC in UK hardcore is these days. They don't serve a smaller role as an MC who is just 'hosting', the UK scene seems to have put as much importance on them as the DJs.

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2014/05/28 :  05:33:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Hey, Arpz, show that video and podcast to your local raver peeps. Surely that will help them see sense?

CDJay

Got a car full now I think mate ;)

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/05/28 :  09:43:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

CDJay

Seeing as I'm on my own here, will there be album samples uploaded before / after the album is released? :)

Certainly shall; won't be for a week or so following the event, as we have to get the stereo mix done to the required standard from the stems, but it'll happen.

CDJay

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 11 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 7  8  9  10  11
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.7 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page