Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Darren Styles
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
fakka13k
Average Member

United Kingdom
182 posts
Posted - 2014/03/05 :  02:38:30  Show profile Send a private message
What with Dougal, Gammer , Al storm etc releasing artist albums via HU what's the possibility of Mr Styles doing this too?

Alert moderator
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/03/05 :  02:58:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
It's certainly plausible. His solo albums with AATW I think did decent enough to warrant a 3rd one.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2014/03/05 :  03:02:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage
Not that I'm an authority on this at all, but I can't imagine it's all that likely since he's already released 2 solo albums. Unless he's been working on something the past 4 years since Feel The Pressure, which I guess does seem like a long enough time to get an idea working.

Edited by - Impulse_Response on 2014/03/05 03:04:34
skankineddie666

United States
98 posts
Posted - 2014/03/05 :  07:04:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skankineddie666's homepage
A Darren Styles album on HU would be amazing but I don't think it would happen. I see more of a Darren Styles album on Future World.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/03/05 :  07:11:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by skankineddie666:
A Darren Styles album on HU would be amazing but I don't think it would happen. I see more of a Darren Styles album on Future World.

FW do not have the capabilities to even release a CD album, and may never will. If they did, they wouldn't have OK'd Dougal & Gammer releasing an album under HU. I don't see them as backing such a project for fear it doesn't give them the financial return they would want. But I could be wrong. Still, with what Jon has managed to accomplish with HU these past few years, he's the man who can and will make it happen :)

skankineddie666

United States
98 posts
Posted - 2014/03/05 :  07:26:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skankineddie666's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by skankineddie666:

FW do not have the capabilities to even release a CD album, and may never will. If they did, they wouldn't have OK'd Dougal & Gammer releasing an album under HU. I don't see them as backing such a project for fear it doesn't give them the financial return they would want. But I could be wrong. Still, with what Jon has managed to accomplish with HU these past few years, he's the man who can and will make it happen :)

Yah i feel like your actually right on this. I over looked the Dougal & Gammer album. But yah maybe if styles made it a digital only album it could be released on FW since they have done other artist albums (Tyl3rs & Reynolds) but other than that Hardcore Underground seems to be the place for artist albums! can't wait for whats to come this year from HU.

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/03/05 :  23:08:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
I still think he's big enough for a release on AATW. I couldn't envisage a DS release on HU.

Kebab Head
Advanced Member

Wallis And Futuna Islands
645 posts
Posted - 2014/03/06 :  00:51:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kebab Head's homepage
Darren Styles would sell way more copies via AATW than HU coz most of the clubland/aatw/universal audience are used to that kinda thing compared to the name of Hardcore Underground so would probably be unaware of it due to aatw marketing/advertising power over HU

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/03/06 :  01:17:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
I still think he's big enough for a release on AATW. I couldn't envisage a DS release on HU.

Well I'm sure most of us didn't envisage Dougal & Gammer, Sharkey, Kurt & Joey Riot, and maybe even a CLSM release on HU, as well as the likes of Chris Unknown and Klubfiller involved in a CD mix on one of the HU mixed albums, but it's happened. So Jon has clearly proven to us that anything is possible over at his label.

And yea true that Darren is fully capable of releasing another album through AATW, but the question is, would they still want to? I imagine that CDs sales from such labels are not all that amazing. HU however has been doing really well, even though they don't produce 10k+ copies of their albums, they're selling out of what they have produced.

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/03/07 :  17:57:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:

Well I'm sure most of us didn't envisage Dougal & Gammer, Sharkey, Kurt & Joey Riot, and maybe even a CLSM release on HU, as well as the likes of Chris Unknown and Klubfiller involved in a CD mix on one of the HU mixed albums, but it's happened. So Jon has clearly proven to us that anything is possible over at his label.

And yea true that Darren is fully capable of releasing another album through AATW, but the question is, would they still want to? I imagine that CDs sales from such labels are not all that amazing. HU however has been doing really well, even though they don't produce 10k+ copies of their albums, they're selling out of what they have produced.

I obviously mean no disrespect to any of them artists mentioned, all of whom I love, but Darren Styles is in a whole other league in terms of popularity in comparison to them.

His album before last placed 4th in the charts. He can reach a whole different audience that anyone else in hardcore can.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/03/07 :  20:49:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
I agree entirely.

CDJay

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/03/08 :  10:31:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage
quote:

It's not a question of Jon and HU's ability to co-ordinate an album project properly - it's the fact that Styles' commercial appeal is vastly bigger than HU's (no disrespect to The Lads (that's how me and Sexton refer to you guys, Jon, by the way - "The Lads")).

quote:

Styles' albums sold over 200,000 units man. That is a colossal figure.

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2014/03/09 :  22:23:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage
No I couldn't see him releasing a new solo album, but maybe a force & styles album? I remember in another thread some people mentioned this and cdjay himself said, he'd love nothing more than for it to happen, are something along those lines anyway, and I couldn't see why styles would say no if the idea was really pushed to him

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/03/10 :  17:00:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:

It's not a question of Jon and HU's ability to co-ordinate an album project properly - it's the fact that Styles' commercial appeal is vastly bigger than HU's (no disrespect to The Lads (that's how me and Sexton refer to you guys, Jon, by the way - "The Lads")).

Given my prediliction for somewhat effeminate cocktails.... I can see it as an ironic tag!

CDJay

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.58 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page