Total online 1641
 Radio listeners 178+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Up and coming Hardcore Underground Albums!
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 7

Author Thread  
AceofSpades_Lorenzo
Average Member

United States
241 posts
Posted - 2014/07/06 :  23:06:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AceofSpades_Lorenzo's homepage  Reply with quote
Give Jon a break......

I don't see anyone else attempting to release 10+ physical albums in a matter of a year.........

Alert moderator Go to top of page
warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/07/06 :  23:10:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
Wasn't sure where to put this but something that is really pissing me off at the mo is the low numbers of previews on the HU site for upcoming albums. Hu Tools Vol 2 has one preview and that's some of Fracus & Darwins poorer work. Klubbed up anthems has about ten and it's not enough to just buy something out of faith like why i bought the brisk album and not the dougal and gammer one. I did find some more previews of HU tools vol 2 tracks but it's not ideal but i haven't heard anything on either of them that makes me want to part with cash.

-On a special side note of particular annoyance is how Promises by Fracus & Darwin (also what i consider to be the best track they have ever made) is on HU tools vol 1. I want this track but damned am i playing ?10 + postage for it as i'm not fussed about anything else on that album.

- On another side note: Dougal & Mickey Skeedale - On A High (Chris Fear & Ajay HU Mix) RELEASE this F*****G song! and not on a silly ten track effort either see above special note.

First off, you should be grateful we even have CDs coming out! CDJay & the HU crew work extremely hard to give us quality physical products. It's not anyone's fault that you may happen to like only 1 or 2 songs on a disc. You can either buy the disc and hopefully the other tracks will grow on you, or you can just put faith in the track being released independently.

Also, just because a song [On A High] is on a HU album, doesn't mean the track belongs to HU. So show some respect to the one label actually trying to makes CDs work in today's mp3 market.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/07/07 :  00:41:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Wasn't sure where to put this but something that is really pissing me off at the mo is the low numbers of previews on the HU site for upcoming albums. Hu Tools Vol 2 has one preview and that's some of Fracus & Darwins poorer work. Klubbed up anthems has about ten and it's not enough to just buy something out of faith like why i bought the brisk album and not the dougal and gammer one. I did find some more previews of HU tools vol 2 tracks but it's not ideal but i haven't heard anything on either of them that makes me want to part with cash.

-On a special side note of particular annoyance is how Promises by Fracus & Darwin (also what i consider to be the best track they have ever made) is on HU tools vol 1. I want this track but damned am i playing ?10 + postage for it as i'm not fussed about anything else on that album.

- On another side note: Dougal & Mickey Skeedale - On A High (Chris Fear & Ajay HU Mix) RELEASE this F*****G song! and not on a silly ten track effort either see above special note.

Please add a part 2 for your rant, only this time talk about how much you hate a child's laughter, sunny skies and an amazing blowjob.

Seriously you bitch cry and whine about the most ridiculous things you massive cunt.

DJ Fracus
Average Member

United Kingdom
177 posts
DJ Fracus is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2014/07/07 :  09:02:31  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Fracus's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

We will post more clips of DJT2 online prior to release, Jon's already explained why this hasn't happened already. I think everything else on there is actually clipped online somewhere anyway either via our podcasts, previous album releases, or on the artist's own pages etc. It's not ideal, but under the circumstances it will have to do. The pre-sales are generally aimed at people who pay enough attention to what we do anyway that they'll likely be aware of a lot of the music already.

The 'DJ Tools' releases are just aimed at giving value for money both to people who like the majority of what we do, as well as better monetising singles for the artists who otherwise see a huge chunk of the already limited income from MP3 sales end up in the pocket of digital vendors. Also as with our other releases, we just like to put something collectible and physical out there to add a little bit of... 'significance' to the release.

As with any release, if certain tracks mean that overall the CD isn't to your personal taste and not worth the money, then just don't buy it. We've had some great reactions to 'Never Let Go' for example, but as with anything we release / make, it won't be to everyone's taste and that's absolutely fine. We've been doing this for a living long enough to realise that you can't please everyone all of the time, but also long enough to know what works for us on the dance floor overall and what doesn't, and have faith in our own opinions too.

All the tracks will eventually be available digitally and individually anyway, but via 'DJ Tools' people who want to buy the tracks whilst they're still "upfront" can get them at a lower cost per track AND better help the label and artists survive in the process. I appreciate it's annoying if you only really want one out of ten tracks, and if there was a way of solving that without undermining the concept, we'd use it. In the end though we're here to run a record label that releases and supports the music we believe in, not provide a public service (although you'd be forgiven for thinking otherwise given the way we're spoken to sometimes).

Rest assured we take every criticism that's levelled at us as a label (and artists) on board constructively, and making sure there are adequate previews online is something we definitely need to improve. We have always learned quickly and pushed ourselves forward as best we can. We'll continue to do so.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2014/07/07 :  16:30:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Fracus:

We will post more clips of DJT2 online prior to release, Jon's already explained why this hasn't happened already. I think everything else on there is actually clipped online somewhere anyway either via our podcasts, previous album releases, or on the artist's own pages etc. It's not ideal, but under the circumstances it will have to do. The pre-sales are generally aimed at people who pay enough attention to what we do anyway that they'll likely be aware of a lot of the music already.

The 'DJ Tools' releases are just aimed at giving value for money both to people who like the majority of what we do, as well as better monetising singles for the artists who otherwise see a huge chunk of the already limited income from MP3 sales end up in the pocket of digital vendors. Also as with our other releases, we just like to put something collectible and physical out there to add a little bit of... 'significance' to the release.

As with any release, if certain tracks mean that overall the CD isn't to your personal taste and not worth the money, then just don't buy it. We've had some great reactions to 'Never Let Go' for example, but as with anything we release / make, it won't be to everyone's taste and that's absolutely fine. We've been doing this for a living long enough to realise that you can't please everyone all of the time, but also long enough to know what works for us on the dance floor overall and what doesn't, and have faith in our own opinions too.

All the tracks will eventually be available digitally and individually anyway, but via 'DJ Tools' people who want to buy the tracks whilst they're still "upfront" can get them at a lower cost per track AND better help the label and artists survive in the process. I appreciate it's annoying if you only really want one out of ten tracks, and if there was a way of solving that without undermining the concept, we'd use it. In the end though we're here to run a record label that releases and supports the music we believe in, not provide a public service (although you'd be forgiven for thinking otherwise given the way we're spoken to sometimes).

Rest assured we take every criticism that's levelled at us as a label (and artists) on board constructively, and making sure there are adequate previews online is something we definitely need to improve. We have always learned quickly and pushed ourselves forward as best we can. We'll continue to do so.

You didn't mention that it's Promises (one of your tracks that i'm bothered about It will be great if it does get its own release and i hope it does.

quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
First off, you should be grateful we even have CDs coming out! CDJay & the HU crew work extremely hard to give us quality physical products. It's not anyone's fault that you may happen to like only 1 or 2 songs on a disc. You can either buy the disc and hopefully the other tracks will grow on you, or you can just put faith in the track being released independently.

Also, just because a song [On A High] is on a HU album, doesn't mean the track belongs to HU. So show some respect to the one label actually trying to makes CDs work in today's mp3 market.

Actually on the album the track is listed as a HU mix so yea the question is worth asking...

quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Please add a part 2 for your rant, only this time talk about how much you hate a child's laughter, sunny skies and an amazing blowjob.

Seriously you bitch cry and whine about the most ridiculous things you massive ****.

I don't hate any of those things

Edited by - Vladel on 2014/07/07 16:31:40
DJ Fracus
Average Member

United Kingdom
177 posts
DJ Fracus is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2014/07/08 :  09:09:01  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Fracus's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
You didn't mention that it's Promises (one of your tracks that i'm bothered about It will be great if it does get its own release and i hope it does.

Was just speaking generally as "the label" about any of the tracks really which will all eventually see solo release, but yes it's great that you did finally like something we did ;)

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2014/07/08 :  14:59:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
It's in my top 100 of all time

whittle1
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,191 posts

25 hardcore releases
whittle1 has donated money to the site whittle1 has attended 15 events
Posted - 2014/07/11 :  09:15:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whittle1's homepage  Reply with quote
Any idea on a release on date for Happy Hardcore underground?

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/07/11 :  09:55:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
OF the three outstanding licenses we were pursuing, we now have 2/3 and little to no chance on the third.

So it's, essentially, done.

Should be late August; Live @ Rehab will be Mid August.

CDJay

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2014/07/11 :  11:17:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
OF the three outstanding licenses we were pursuing, we now have 2/3 and little to no chance on the third.

CDJay

Please will you tell us what the no-chancer was?

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
589 posts
Posted - 2014/07/11 :  13:39:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:

CDJay

Please will you tell us what the no-chancer was?

Yeah, name & shame them into granting the license!

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/07/11 :  13:46:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Toytown (Darwin remix)

I know, fundamentally, that if this isn't on there I'm going to be fielding questions from now until my last gasp. *That's* why I was willing to drag things out a bit in hope of resolution, but it's just not going to happen in the required timeframe.

We'll get it sorted, one day, and put it out somehow. Just not on HHU.

CDJay

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/07/11 :  14:37:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Toytown (Darwin remix)

I know, fundamentally, that if this isn't on there I'm going to be fielding questions from now until my last gasp. *That's* why I was willing to drag things out a bit in hope of resolution, but it's just not going to happen in the required timeframe.

We'll get it sorted, one day, and put it out somehow. Just not on HHU.

CDJay

So you got the licensing for it to be released as part of the mix but not as a single dj-friendly track correct???

You could always do a HU EP5 and give it away for free!

ooh or a gift with pre-sale/purchase!

Edited by - latininxtc on 2014/07/11 14:38:01
GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
589 posts
Posted - 2014/07/11 :  15:42:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
The Reece version crept out completely unauthorised I believe, still a stunner. Just do that! Easy solution,

Step 1 - set up a new Soundcloud account called Ballistic Bill's Megasounds & one on HHC called Terrific Ted's Legendary Sounds. Do it in the library or summat so your personal IP is innocent.
Step 2 - upload the track with downloads enabled
Step 3 - Let the address filter out quietly from the dodgy HHC.com address to the masses
Step 4 - BOOM! You've stuck it to the man!

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/07/11 :  15:52:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
I don't want to stick it to anyone, though

It won't feature mixed or unmixed, everything else is nailed.

We're close. So close!

CDJay

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 7 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.73 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page