Di.fm now has a Nightcore channel.
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
don_simon3000

Austria
342 posts
Posted - 2014/04/27 :  15:54:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit don_simon3000's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_FunDaBounce:
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:
I don't proclaim to know the in's and out's of the world's economic systems, but to me, the "not thinking about money" aspect doesn't make it any more pure. In fact it makes me feel that other "political" issues are raised.

I think money has a lot to do with it. There's a lot of competition in Hardcore with people competing for bookings and using their influence to manipulate who gets booked. When Hardcore went digital, a lot of labels felt the pressure and it became very competitive with less money to share between more people.

As far as politics goes without money, it's about power play, and MC Storm is the biggest culprit for that, that too probably revolves around money

No offence, Olly, but ending competition and not offering certain incentives to thrive, such as money, makes this feel like some kind of communism.

i could not have said it any better

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/04/27 :  17:04:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by don_simon3000:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I don't proclaim to know the in's and out's of the world's economic systems, but to me, the "not thinking about money" aspect doesn't make it any more pure. In fact it makes me feel that other "political" issues are raised.

I think money has a lot to do with it. There's a lot of competition in Hardcore with people competing for bookings and using their influence to manipulate who gets booked. When Hardcore went digital, a lot of labels felt the pressure and it became very competitive with less money to share between more people.

As far as politics goes without money, it's about power play, and MC Storm is the biggest culprit for that, that too probably revolves around money

No offence, Olly, but ending competition and not offering certain incentives to thrive, such as money, makes this feel like some kind of communism.

i could not have said it any better

Communism in music works. It's a good system. Everybody in Hardcore bangs on about supporting each other and treating it more as a community - Fracus being one of them. A scene that works together intrinsically would work very well, and it's what Nightcore has been doing for a number of years and it's community on Youtube alone is larger than Hardcore's fivefold.

Thriving - in many ways - is bad. When you have a security in music with stable finances, you can experiment and play with ideas that are higher risk. If you are having to 'thrive', ideas don't develop and producers stick to a well-known and proven formula. In other words, the music they make is 'safe'.

Competition can be very good, because you strive to find a sound that works best with an audience. Competition can be disastrously bad when combined with thriving, as you end up with labels and their audiences not supporting other labels. That's when politics and under-hand play comes in and Hardcore has experienced more than enough of that in the last decade.

There's competition in Nightcore, but it's friendly. Each promoter trying new stuff with music, both audibly and visually. Because it's mostly young people in education and stable finances running Nightcore, there's room for experimentation and new ideas to take hold. It's not a perfect scene by any means, but it certainly seems a more vibrant and enthusiastic one than Hardcore's.

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2014/04/27 :  17:35:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
Olly I think you're giving Nightcore to much merit as an entity.
There is no such thing as a nightcore producer. No experimentation, no thriving, no competition. Nightcore is literally just people speeding up already made hardcore and trance tracks.

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

versia
Average Member

Australia
180 posts
Posted - 2014/04/27 :  18:06:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit versia's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
There is no such thing as a nightcore producer. No experimentation, no thriving, no competition. Nightcore is literally just people speeding up already made hardcore and trance tracks.

Party right. Important to remember Nightcore did start as a duo from Norway, until it spiraled out of control.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/04/27 :  18:07:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

and people still get pissed of at me for mentioning this

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Posted - 2014/04/27 :  18:29:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Nightcore is largely driven by producers willingly sending their music to Nightcore DJs to play and/or make a Nightcore track. This way, Nightcore has multiple ties with producers in other genres that help Nighcore progress - myself included.

I think Nightcore deserves merit because if it's speeding up tracks to 170bpm making them as fast and similar-sounding to Hardcore, they must be doing something right because Hardcore tracks produced that sound similar has a minuscule reach and a pathetic audience in comparison. The only instances that I've seen Happy Hardcore from Hardcore producers have comparable amounts of listens have been via Jordesuvi, who is also closely-tied with the Nightcore contingent.

I'm just saying that it's good that Nightcore now has a di.FM. Nightcore could be a valuable way for fans of it to hear Hardcore. My thoughts on it's community spirit is simply that I admire it, and Hardcore should take a leaf from it's book. There's a lot of conflict here and everywhere else in Hardcore, and even by sharing my thoughts on Nightcore, I'm told that I'm wrong.

versia
Average Member

Australia
180 posts
Posted - 2014/04/27 :  19:01:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit versia's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
...Nightcore DJs...

lol wut

Edited by - versia on 2014/04/27 19:01:54
don_simon3000

Austria
342 posts
Posted - 2014/04/27 :  19:04:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit don_simon3000's homepage  Reply with quote
toakin communism in hardcore scene: i hardly cn mx stuff bt so i can steal or get hixxys tunez and claim thy r mine and becum a star rite? if so, im all 4 communism in hardcore. bring it on!

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2014/04/27 :  19:21:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

Nightcore is largely driven by producers willingly sending their music to Nightcore DJs to play and/or make a Nightcore track. This way, Nightcore has multiple ties with producers in other genres that help Nighcore progress - myself included.

I think Nightcore deserves merit because if it's speeding up tracks to 170bpm making them as fast and similar-sounding to Hardcore, they must be doing something right because Hardcore tracks produced that sound similar has a minuscule reach and a pathetic audience in comparison. The only instances that I've seen Happy Hardcore from Hardcore producers have comparable amounts of listens have been via Jordesuvi, who is also closely-tied with the Nightcore contingent.

I'm just saying that it's good that Nightcore now has a di.FM. Nightcore could be a valuable way for fans of it to hear Hardcore. My thoughts on it's community spirit is simply that I admire it, and Hardcore should take a leaf from it's book. There's a lot of conflict here and everywhere else in Hardcore, and even by sharing my thoughts on Nightcore, I'm told that I'm wrong.

I've heard of nightcore for the past decade, and so far it hasn't helped hardcore much, why would it appearing on di.fm do better?

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Posted - 2014/04/28 :  00:48:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
toakin communism in hardcore scene: i hardly cn mx stuff bt so i can steal or get hixxys tunez and claim thy r mine and becum a star rite? if so, im all 4 communism in hardcore. bring it on!

What on Earth are you even talking about? You're completely missing my point, and you're way off the mark with Nightcore.

I think a lot of you are holding onto 7+ year-old suspicions about Nightcore, and it's quite stupid.

Nightcore being on di.fm puts it parallel, and some innovative ideas can create a window for Nightcore fans to hear Hardcore. Di.FM Hardcore often has events like Summer of Hardcore (which is happening again soon, right?), the integration of Nightcore DJ's and vice versa could be quite fruitful.

don_simon3000

Austria
342 posts
Posted - 2014/04/28 :  07:54:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit don_simon3000's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

What on Earth are you even talking about?

it should be clear by now that i was talking about communism and don't accuse me of hijacking the topic because it wasnt me who has started talked about communism.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Posted - 2014/04/28 :  08:35:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

What on Earth are you even talking about?

it should be clear by now that i was talking about communism and don't accuse me of hijacking the topic because it wasnt me who has started talked about communism.

I didn't accuse you of anything.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/04/28 :  08:48:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
quote:

I've heard of nightcore for the past decade, and so far it hasn't helped hardcore much, why would it appearing on di.fm do better?

I think it probably makes no difference to anyone to be honest. It's just it's own thing that reaches people that Hardcore otherwise wouldn't reach anyway. Anyone that actually cares enough about the music will find out pretty fast what Hardcore actually is. And if they don't then they were never going to. No loss.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2014/04/28 08:50:00
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2014/04/28 :  12:40:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
quote:

I think it probably makes no difference to anyone to be honest. It's just it's own thing that reaches people that Hardcore otherwise wouldn't reach anyway. Anyone that actually cares enough about the music will find out pretty fast what Hardcore actually is. And if they don't then they were never going to. No loss.

I have friends that still think a DJ is a producer, so I kinda disproof your comment :P

Torpex
Advanced Member

Poland
824 posts
Torpex has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/04/28 :  13:54:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Torpex's homepage  Reply with quote
It's all techno anyway.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.56 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page