Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 General discussion
 Zelda Wii U
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,046 posts
Audio Warfare has attended 19 events
Posted - 2014/06/12 :  07:48:24  Show profile Send a private message
Loving the look of this. 8)

Definitely think Nintendo are going in the right direction taking it back to the open world feel of the NES/SNES games. Very hyped for it now!

Alert moderator
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/06/12 :  10:22:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
if they stay to the openness of the NES/SNES games, that would be great. But if they try to do a Skyrim, I think it will fall

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,046 posts
Posted - 2014/06/12 :  13:09:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
if they stay to the openness of the NES/SNES games, that would be great. But if they try to do a Skyrim, I think it will fall

Yeah I agree man. They were talking a lot about it being totally open world with a degree of non-linear progression too. Have high hopes for it now!

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2014/06/12 :  13:22:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage
To be honest, for me there's too little shown to build much hype in me. I loved how pretty the world looked and Link looks awesome, but I'll wait until we get more information. Maybe Tokyo Game Show later this year?? I hope not until next E3...

If they keep the non-linear format of A Link Between Worlds that'd be very nice! Was nice to have such freedom in that game.

My SOUNDCLOUD

Edited by - Quicksilver on 2014/06/12 13:23:40
Shades
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,189 posts
Posted - 2014/06/12 :  17:57:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Shades's homepage
woah... if only needed one reason to get a wii u...

this is it

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2014/06/12 :  18:34:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Shades:

this is it

Super Smash and an eventual Metroid game are what bought me a WiiUIUIUIUIU :P

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2014/06/12 :  19:13:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage
I bought a Wii U five days ago for MK8 and DKC: Tropical Freeze. With MK8 you get a free game code and since I want Wind Waker HD too I chose that but have to wait til end of august to download it...

I want Zelda Wii U, too, and I was hoping for a Metroid Prime-esque game but I think that's being a bit too optimistic.

Come to think of it, Mario Party 10 looked a lot of fun what with one person controlling Bowser and seemingly able to control a few minigames. I would love to buy this if it came with online play, since I would pretty much never be able to play this at home with more than 1 friend. Nintendo are a bit too anal when it comes to online play, which is something that devalues a lot of their games. Like DKC: Tropical Freeze, it would be so awesome if you could play Co-op online but for some reason you can't. This is one of my biggest gripes with Nintendo!

My SOUNDCLOUD

Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,046 posts
Posted - 2014/06/13 :  07:48:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
To be honest, for me there's too little shown to build much hype in me. I loved how pretty the world looked and Link looks awesome, but I'll wait until we get more information. Maybe Tokyo Game Show later this year?? I hope not until next E3...

If they keep the non-linear format of A Link Between Worlds that'd be very nice! Was nice to have such freedom in that game.

Yeah not much show yet but I like what they're saying about their plans for it and the video looks amazing. Definitely hoping for some more news and footage soon. Definitely sounds like non-linear is the direction they're taking it in.

quote:
Originally posted by Shades:

this is it

Yeah, I think it will convince a lot of people who wouldn't have considered it before. There are loads of great exclusives out now and being released in the next year or so though.

Pikmin 3
Mario 3D World
New Super Mario/Luigi Bros U
Zombi U (I still think this is worth playing if you own a Wii U, especially for the price it can be picked up at now).
Mario Kart 8
Wind Waker HD
The Wonderful 101
Nintendoland (actually great fun with a few friends over).
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Upcoming:

Yoshi's Wooly World
The Legend of Zelda
Hyrule Warriors
Super Smash Bros.
Kirby's Rainbow Curse
Bayonetta 2 (an updated Bayonetta 1 comes free with it)
Mario Maker
Xenoblade Chronicles X (This looks bloody amazing)
Splatoon
Star Fox
Devil's Third
Captain Toad
Mario Party 10

That's a hell of a list. 3rd party games are a little thin but who buys Nintendo games for that these days! Something they need to work on as if they had full 3rd party support they would be in a really strong position right now.

quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
I bought a Wii U five days ago for MK8 and DKC: Tropical Freeze. With MK8 you get a free game code and since I want Wind Waker HD too I chose that but have to wait til end of august to download it...

I want Zelda Wii U, too, and I was hoping for a Metroid Prime-esque game but I think that's being a bit too optimistic.

Come to think of it, Mario Party 10 looked a lot of fun what with one person controlling Bowser and seemingly able to control a few minigames. I would love to buy this if it came with online play, since I would pretty much never be able to play this at home with more than 1 friend. Nintendo are a bit too anal when it comes to online play, which is something that devalues a lot of their games. Like DKC: Tropical Freeze, it would be so awesome if you could play Co-op online but for some reason you can't. This is one of my biggest gripes with Nintendo!

Yeah the free game with MK8 was sweet! I grabbed Wonderful 101. WW HD is amazing, they did a great job with it. Why do you have to wait to download it?

I'm really hoping for a Metroid Prime, I think it'll come but as so many of their franchises are announced already I think it'll be late in the consoles life.

*edit* Looks like Metroid is more than likely in the planning stages - http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-planning-a-future-for-both-2d-and-3d-metroid/

Yeah I might pick it up, looks like a lot of fun if you've got a few friends over. I think they make these games more for local MP really as that's definitely how it's most fun to play them. They do need to get the online in order though, there is no good reason for not giving people the option to play it like this.

Edited by - Audio Warfare on 2014/06/13 09:59:28
Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,046 posts
Posted - 2014/06/13 :  08:03:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage
What's everyone's Nintendo ID BTW? Mine is Audio-Warfare Be up for a bit of MK8. 8)

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2014/06/13 :  10:04:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Will prob get MK8 later this month, considering the deal to get a free game ends in late july

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2014/06/13 :  17:15:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage
My ID is Aphexis! Feel free to add! :)

My SOUNDCLOUD

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.62 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page