CLUBLAND 2 STEALING HAPPYCORE!!!!!!!!
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
i_love_scooter

Australia
38 posts
Posted - 2003/03/13 :  22:34:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i think its great when they make mainstream songs into hardcore songs.......its really exciting. thouygh ive never heard a happyhardcore song turned down.......

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Lixx
Advanced Member

United States
1,338 posts

288 hardcore releases
Lixx has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/03/15 :  10:14:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lixx's homepage  Reply with quote
Personally, if they want these remixes, they can have em. I just heard the Rezonance Q remix of Q-Tex - Power of Love and it is the most boring track I have ever listened to. If people feel like punishing themselves like that instead of "seeing the light" and listening to a proper version, well, hell if I care.

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2003/03/15 :  16:10:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage  Reply with quote
did you hear the n-trance version of pretty green eyes?

it's kinda weak..

rezzna

United Kingdom
283 posts
Posted - 2003/03/18 :  07:08:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
the truth is, no one wants their scene attacked by the mainstream, yet thinks their scene is the best scene in the world. if the music is as good as it truly is (as is the case with hardcore) of course people will see the potential if they were made to be more radio friendly. therefore more people will migrate to the scene, IF, a remix has the original artist's names in the listing on the back of the cd, (and not just "written by p.nineham or whatever") People will seek out this artists other material, realise its hardcore, and probably, because of the bias of already liking what theyve heard befre, begin digging harcore. they will find hardcore, and the scene will be ovverun with owners of Clubland 2.

SO...

isnt it more of a blessing that the artists arent acknowledged on the cd. YOU know who did the original. Who cares what some 13 year old chart banger knows.

and the argument that they shouldnt be remixed at all is a really rather crap argument. if you listen to some of the mixes without the bias that its been "stolen" or "bastardized" or whatever, some of the arent too bad. obviously if you arent a fan of trance you wont like them, but hardcore is about having a broad and respectful mind, so saying "i hate this remix because i like original" is both disrespectful (as a good remix deserves respect" and shows a closed mind.

it annoys me that really great choons can be remixed and end up sounding shite, but it also annoys me that people think that all remixes sound crap because they arent as good as the originals. something can be good without being on a par with the original.

ALSO in an age of mp3s and pirated cds, surely the writers deserve the extra royalties they get ffrom these remixes.

in short, you dont have to listen to it, the listeners dont start humping hardcore, and the artists get payed more.

dont see what the fuss is about

"don't worry about it, if i were you i wouldn't remember me either"

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2003/03/18 :  12:06:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by rezzna:
dont see what the fuss is about

I think the fuss is about "them" "stealing" "our" music.

It had to be done.

pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2003/03/18 :  20:41:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage  Reply with quote
thought this was appropriate here (especially after the last 2 or so posts)...

how many djs does it take to change a lightbulb??

11 - 1 to change the lightbulb and ten to stand around and bitch about how the original was better.

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2003/03/18 :  21:02:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage  Reply with quote
how many junglists does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the bulb, 4 to hold up their lighters.

tommo
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,233 posts
Posted - 2003/03/19 :  04:15:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tommo's homepage  Reply with quote

Im just a bassline addict
Im just a hardcore addict
Im just a dancefloor manic
Why o why cant you just accept it.

chufty

United Kingdom
56 posts
Posted - 2003/03/21 :  09:03:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i fink its gud that ppl fink theyre gud enuf 2 make a difrent mix of. anyway, i fink the mixes on clubland 2 r gud so it dunt bother me, just dont listen if u dont like innit

i'm just your average hardcore-lovin' boy racer, except 4 being 2 yrs 2 young!

hardcore forever!!

clair

United Kingdom
35 posts
Posted - 2003/03/24 :  02:12:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit clair's homepage  Reply with quote
HA HA HA CLUB LAND 2 WILL NEVER EVEN BE NEAR HAPPYHARDCORE I DONT KNOW WHY ANY ONE WOULD EVEN SAY THAT TRANVE IS S H I T E

clair brennan

MITSUBISHI_2003

United Kingdom
39 posts
Posted - 2003/03/24 :  02:31:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MITSUBISHI_2003's homepage  Reply with quote
yeh but if ya think about it another way...the original must have been gud cos if it was good enough, ppl wouldnt wanna remix it nd shit soo the hardcore scene dus get sum credit a spose.

** FACE DOWN ASS UP THATS THE WAY I LIKE TO FCUK **

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.95 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page