Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Happy Hardcore going Popular
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
MC_St
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 posts
Posted - 2003/01/26 :  01:49:25  Show profile Send a private message  Visit MC_St's homepage
Now maybe it's just me but I don't want Happy Hardcore to become the next phase in peoples lives. Something they can latch onto to be cool. You need to find Hardcore on your own, its the only way you can truely appreciate it. You always remember when you first heare Happy Hardcore, mine was when my mate brought round this copy of an old Helter Skelter '97 tape. I played that tape all summer and 'kin loved it. But if people just buy it cos they're friends have it, maybe theres the odd few that will continue to love it after the trendy train has passed but the majority will go on to something else (probably a classical revolution is coming up).
And another thing, I dont want to be labelled as following the crowd, I want to like the music that hardly anyone else likes and people automatically diss. I mean overall, its great for the DJ's and the companies and they deserve shed loads of money for sticking with us throughout the years when they could have moved on, but it aint good for me, I wanna be a rebel. We should have a secret code (as mentioned in the earlier post) for all the true Happy Hrdcore ravers of the world. That way, at least we will feel like out group hasn't been invaded by band wagon jumping idiots who have the brains of sheep.

Happy Hardcore forever, but keep it to the privileged who want to listen and give it a try. If Happy Hardcore is a fight against the norm, then what happens if and when Happy Hardcore becomes the norm? Why does Hardcore have to sound so wicked? WHY?

Keep raving Children of The Night!
$t

Let me hear your whistles,
and see your arms up high.
Cos we’re the ****in’ future,
And our souls will never die.

Alert moderator
Quosh
Starting Member

United Kingdom
4 posts
Posted - 2003/01/26 :  04:16:24  Show profile  Send a private message
So True m8 so true

I aint new to the scene but new to the forum...never bothered with it but i though its time :P

i agree hhc must not become another one of those genres that people like for 6 months then dies... i like it how it is

if everyone was banging out hhc, would it sound as sweet as it does now... doubt it

kepp it real ... keep it underground

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Funky_14uk

United Kingdom
61 posts
Posted - 2003/01/26 :  05:36:18  Show profile  Send a private message
theres no way am gonna drop hhc n go fur like cheesy pop or rock av only been listenin 2 this stuff fur like a yr noo but a canny hink ae life withoot it a dunno how a ever did go withoot it

Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol!

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2003/01/26 :  05:41:27  Show profile  Send a private message
umm since when has hardcore been popular? like mid 95ish if even that...all forms of hardcore are still very much so underground imo

"Cuz I'm hardcore, heavyweight, magical man."

milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
milo is verified hardcore artist milo has attended 89 events
Posted - 2003/01/26 :  07:04:03  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage
why limit it, if it makes us so happy and we enjoy it, why hold taht back from other people? they all get introduced some how, and yes, it will be the same ways we are introduced (friend, tape, at a party, sibling whatever). it's underground, and it won't die in 6 monthes if it becomes real popular because us, the people who support it, won't be leaving it.

"Everybody... rock, rock on.. "

jimmyjim
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 posts
Posted - 2003/01/26 :  13:40:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jimmyjim's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by milo:
why limit it, if it makes us so happy and we enjoy it, why hold taht back from other people? they all get introduced some how, and yes, it will be the same ways we are introduced (friend, tape, at a party, sibling whatever). it's underground, and it won't die in 6 monthes if it becomes real popular because us, the people who support it, won't be leaving it.

"Everybody... rock, rock on.. "

je morris

jimmyjim
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 posts
Posted - 2003/01/26 :  14:01:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jimmyjim's homepage
I am curious why so many of u think hhc is going to be big, maybe in mid 90,s but still underground!. My girl worked at bowlers [ asylum, time, compulion ] m/c uk an it was every week then, then i started raving 97 it was monthly, closed down mid 2001 [ now the biggest PC market in europe] if you dont know the names it was magic!!!! 5000 wn full, the full monty.
i still in mournin, f....k all in nw uk now, so no hhc is not alive here, i was so lucky 3 miles to home and i could hardly drive never mind walk home.
absolutly fantastic, but the big nono, girls dont want to sweat so thats why its never been and never will be super club and Ibiza sunset, females are all when it comes to partying, hands on heart guys, we go where the bitches go.
well the wimps do, i have just got cable and can now listen live music, and thankyou the guys for making hhc radio, its a bloody shame only so few are listening it should be thousands, maybe you guys can speak to dj,s sara cox or pete tong of radio 1 uk, plead for a plug. an idea??? god im thirsty after all that type talking time for a cooolll vodca an coke, hhc 24/7 guys

je morris

rushout
Starting Member

United Kingdom
11 posts
Posted - 2003/01/26 :  22:17:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rushout's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by MC_St:
We should have a secret code (as mentioned in the earlier post) for all the true Happy Hrdcore ravers of the world. That way, at least we will feel like out group hasn't been invaded by band wagon jumping idiots who have the brains of sheep.

lol!! you don't understand! raving is for everyone, that's part of it's appeal. you reckon they had a secret code in 1992? probably not, people just got into it and understood it through the music and the atmosphere of the events. so really if you think about it, if the music isn't already expressing what the scene's all about, then getting commercial bandwagon jumpers climbing aboard is a problem caused by itself.

Ryan @ Phase 4
http://www.phase4records.co.uk

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2003/01/26 :  22:43:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
Blah blah f***ing blah.

junglist_angel

Belgium
321 posts
Posted - 2003/01/27 :  00:08:24  Show profile  Send a private message
I completly agree with you. I think it would be a shame that hardcore become a mainstream type of music. Comercialized music is not only played out, but it's also far too overmarketed with all sorts of silly items. Part of what makes hardcore so special is that it is underground.
It's a small scene and sometimes I feel a bit sad that there is no happy core scene out here, but that just makes it all that more exciting when I go off to some party elsewhere. btw... I think I'm the only Belgian that listens to happy core

silver
Admin

Japan
12,547 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2003/01/27 :  03:06:22  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
There will always be pop music and always be hardcore, people will come and go, just stick with what you love no matter what other people care and hardcore will never die.

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

atomicb
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts

60 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/01/27 :  07:27:54  Show profile  Send a private message
All the comments posted here but make sense.. bout it's far from popular mate . . . example:

I recorded a mix onto cd and took it into my school today - I got 13 seconds into the intro of chase by scott brown and it was gone :P They just thaught it was a joke . .. but what do I care, I love it and always will - I'm hardly the only on like this, and for that reason hardcore shall survive a popular phase *if* it happens :P

toxic
Advanced Member

Australia
1,540 posts
toxic has attended 2 events
Posted - 2003/01/27 :  11:56:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit toxic's homepage
*yawns*

Whisper something nice, and ill make you scream twice !!!

rushout
Starting Member

United Kingdom
11 posts
Posted - 2003/01/27 :  13:27:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rushout's homepage
yeah most dance music is perceived as a joke these days

Ryan @ Phase 4
http://www.phase4records.co.uk

blazinbeatz

United States
20 posts
Posted - 2003/01/27 :  16:58:28  Show profile  Send a private message
i agree, i found hhc on my own, and i appreciate it more.....good stuff

one_scatterd_lil_monk_e

Australia
59 posts
one_scatterd_lil_monk_e has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/01/27 :  21:42:38  Show profile  Send a private message
i agree i dont want the scene to get big but i really dont think it will become that big, the raving scene has become much bigger here in australia yet most of the people like trance , so im sure our small hardcore scene will stay underground :)

" tonight im jip travolta , im peter popper , im going to never never land with my chosen family, man. we're going to get more spaced out than neil armstong ever did."
JIP HUMAN TRAFFIC

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.67 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page