of 3

Author Thread  
Dave Murray
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,675 posts

136 hardcore releases
Dave Murray has attended 3 events
Posted - 2003/01/28 :  06:21:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Does the POPE really shit in the woods????

(/Dance Mothe®Fu©ke® On 2Tu®ntables/)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2003/01/28 :  06:35:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage  Reply with quote
i think the pope has a washroom for himself to use in the vatican..

Happy hardcore almost died a few years ago, as not enough people were buying compilations, and attending events.. we need support for hardcore.. That doesnt mean excluding people that aren't "true to the scene". Someone can like whatever style they choose.. if they choose to like hardcore, then good for them! i'm sure they'll be rewarded with some great tunes.

Skyler

107 posts
Posted - 2003/01/28 :  07:56:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
It's bad enough seeing shooting star/field of dreams/heart of gold in the charts, all the lamers that like those shitty versions and think they are the dogs nads yet they always slated the originals which are infinitely better. As much as I hate it even Garage sounded alright until it became mainstream rubbish. Underground is always better, producers arent afraid to try different things as it makes little difference to profits or whatever. Mainstream things always follow such a generic format, such a generic sound.. some hardcore is going that way already and its making me dislike it more and more. Hardcore is something different, something away from the crowd.. its so diverse.. if it gets into mainstream territory most of that will change. Some producers will want to jump on the bandwagon of popularity and begin producing tracks that sound like the first few to break the 'mainstream' area. Then we have a load more people who have never produced hardcore in their life all trying to latch onto this generic popular sound.. eventually it would hopefully fizzle out and lamers can latch onto some other mainstream music.. another fad.

I dont know wether hardcore will make it mainstream, but I think it certainly could.. I just hope it doesnt. The artists deserve the money yes, but only for the diverse and interesting sounds they have made thus far.. not for the generic crap that they will enevitably make if they choose to go down the mainstream route...

All this is speculation though of course, it may turn out to be a good thing but only for record labels if past experience is anything to go by. Garage used to be underground and have a unique sound, now everyone plays it/listens to it etc.. its turned into mainstream rubbish.. of course it was only ever 'average' but since going mainstream its turned into hideous wank and become trendy.

Oh well those are some of my current views, I cant be bothered to think further and post something more accurate :)

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2003/01/28 :  09:46:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage  Reply with quote
jungle is quite popular.. did it become "a phase" and die out?

no...

tommo
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,233 posts
Posted - 2003/01/28 :  10:32:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tommo's homepage  Reply with quote
I dunno I kind of have mixed feelings about this topic.
In one sense it would be really cool to be able to buy hardcore music from
anywhere and maybe see some stuff about it on tv.
But on the other hand you would loadsa kids just listening to it to be cool
or fit in or whatever.And you would get a different crowd going to raves.I
dont like the idea of that.

Im just a bassline addict
Im just a hardcore addict
Im just a dancefloor manic
Why o why cant you just accept it.

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2003/01/28 :  15:36:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by tommo:

Why? Because it's "your" music and they shouldn't have the right to get to it? Or maybe because having wankers listen to the music makes it worse somehow? It's all a bit silly ... kinda like the "I'd hate to find out that HHC was originally music for gay ravers" argument, innit?

tommo
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,233 posts
Posted - 2003/01/29 :  00:06:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tommo's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by strychnine:
quote:
Originally posted by tommo:

Why? Because it's "your" music and they shouldn't have the right to get to it? Or maybe because having wankers listen to the music makes it worse somehow? It's all a bit silly ... kinda like the "I'd hate to find out that HHC was originally music for gay ravers" argument, innit?

Misundastanding!
No.It wouldnt change the music.Its hard to explain.You would get kids listening to it to be cool and to fit in.
Take the nu-metal scene for example.It went all mainstream and everybody
became moshers to be cool.And now it is kinda dyin a bit kids are just abandoning it because it isnt cool anymore.
And even if hhc was for gay ravers that wouldnt bother me.As long as they
actually liked the music then thats fine.
I think people should have the freedon to listen to what they want.

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2003/01/29 :  00:45:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage  Reply with quote
Mainstream is made for the people who dont listen music that much, mainly radio or mtv... They dont have the intrest to find a own style...
So the marketing is aimed to them, and only for them,
coz they buy only what they hear... So if it comes popular, theres going to be many wannabe ravers, witch will end up listening the next big thing...
Not becouse its popular, but becouse they dont have the intrest of finding
any other type of music...

I think it should be world wide underground... Coz now its underground in like 10 countrys, and the rest dont have scene at all... So if it was underground in like 50 countrys, the record sell's would be 5 times bigger...

Oli G
Advanced Member

United States
1,817 posts
Oli G is verified hardcore artist Oli G has donated money to the site Oli G has attended 41 events
Posted - 2003/01/29 :  01:10:51  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Oli G's homepage  Reply with quote
I Reacon the pope shits in the confession boxes, then blames it on other people
heh

CAM001 Out MARCH2003
Distribution Through Nu Energy & Imo
www.camelrecords.co.uk

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_

http://www.myspace.com/camelrecords

tommo
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,233 posts
Posted - 2003/01/29 :  01:21:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tommo's homepage  Reply with quote

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2003/01/29 :  04:53:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by OliGhalebi:
I Reacon the pope shits in the confession boxes, then blames it on other people
heh

This topic was getting a little to debated and serious.....But that comment has just kicked the whole serious part out of the topic....Well Done Oli G you've manged to shed some light on a topic which has no doubt been heatedly debated many times all over the world.

Tink

United States
20 posts
Posted - 2003/01/29 :  08:08:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Tink's homepage  Reply with quote
Where I'm from, people hate HHC. To find another really devoted fan, is a miracle in itself. So I try to get all of my friends, who don't already listen to electronic music, hooked on it.

It's sometimes easier to get people listening to HHC, than other genres, because it has lyrics (** where dreams come true for me and you...**). I do live in very rural part of the United States though... you have to travel six hours for a good club.

Call it a clan, call it network,
call it a tribe, call it a family.
Whatever you call it, whoever
you are, you need one.
-Jane Howard

you are, you need one.
-Jane Howard

Edited by - Tink on 2003/01/29 08:09:35
CandyAss

United States
471 posts
Posted - 2003/01/29 :  08:12:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CandyAss's homepage  Reply with quote
Who cares if some wanker wants to listen to happy hardcore. Like it wasn't like that in the past or something? I know in America over half the kids who listen to happy hardcore at all only know Anabolic Frolic and think he makes every anthem there is (some don't even know Anabolic Frolic and they think Happy 2B Hardcore is an artist..and that one girl sings all the happy hardcore songs). Who gives a shit though, at least they like it and listen to it. People are whinning about a bunch of shit that doesn't even really matter in the end. It's all about the music, not who listens to the music.

CandyAss
Drew
http://www.valence2000.com
http://www.hardcorps.org

http://www.hardcorps.org

Tink

United States
20 posts
Posted - 2003/01/29 :  10:31:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Tink's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CandyAss:
and they think Happy 2B Hardcore is an artist..and that one girl sings all the happy hardcore songs).

te he... when I told my roomate I got some HHC records for Christmas, she said, "Oh, I haven't heard of them before. What do they sing? You should let me borrow them so I can make a copy."

Go Idaho

Call it a clan, call it network,
call it a tribe, call it a family.
Whatever you call it, whoever
you are, you need one.
-Jane Howard

you are, you need one.
-Jane Howard

Ormzby2003
Starting Member

United Kingdom
12 posts
Posted - 2003/01/29 :  11:36:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote

I completely agree with you if hhc became a massive success it just wouldnt be special. The only thing is that i wouldnt mind it becoming a tiny bit more popular so that there would be more raves going on. i have to travel 90 miles to get to the nearest rave.

P.S Great speech

'who cares what you feel like in the morning, KEEP JUMPIN!!'

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.69 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page