of 6

Author Thread  
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/07/27 :  10:07:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Was waiting for somebody to come along with the old 'got to move with the times' argument.

That's not the issue. As far as I'm aware, there's nothing that says Hardcore has to copy everything that's big/commercial in dance music. I don't like the big room/EDM/whatever nonsense it's called this week sound, so why would i like this?

Chuff all to do with what's new and fresh, it's blatant copying. New and experimental is great, chart nonsense sped up by 40BPM - not so great.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/07/27 :  10:10:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
chart nonsense sped up by 40BPM - not so great.

To be fair it's been that way for many years lol.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/07/27 :  10:28:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
That's true. But not everything works.

brodster

United States
99 posts
Posted - 2014/07/27 :  17:20:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit brodster's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
Reminds me alot of David Guettas shot me down a bit. I don't mind it, big room is the sound of now. No point living in the past where every UK Hardcore track sounded like Hard Trance on speed. Time to try new things.

I remember reading an interview with Tiesto on why he left Trance and went Big Room. He said things have to evolve and improve. And nearly all the djs that still play the same old Trance sound he played 10 years ago have disappeared into insignificance. And how he has still stayed amongst the top djs.

Why?? Because he experimented and moved with the times. To me there is nothing wrong with experimenting and trying new productions in Hardcore and moving with the times. Trance is gone, and it will never come back into scene dominance with that old sound. It's like saying lets go back to djs playing vinyl and no more downloading.
The new generation of ravers seem to love what Styles plays, stop being jaded and move on.

Evolution isn't always improvement. There's no reason to just do what everyone else is doing and copying what is already there. Following trends for the sake of following trends is just dumb. I think the way Hardcore as a whole scene is progressing right now is fine. We have already moved away from everyone using the same exact samples in every track. Different artists and labels have their own sounds and that is fine. I don't know why hardcore needs to be super mainstream. Drum and Bass isn't super mainstream yet that is doing okay.

And the new generation of ravers will dance to anything, half of the time they don't even know what they are dancing to lol

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2014/07/27 :  17:50:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by brodster:

And the new generation of ravers will dance to anything, half of the time they don't even know what they are dancing to lol

Probably why they take the main parts of a track they are remixing, make a basic intro, paste the basic intro after the main part of the track they are remixing, vocally bit again, then the intro again, twice, once as an outro, jobs a good 'un.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/07/27 :  18:37:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
Reminds me alot of David Guettas shot me down a bit. I don't mind it, big room is the sound of now. No point living in the past where every UK Hardcore track sounded like Hard Trance on speed. Time to try new things.

I remember reading an interview with Tiesto on why he left Trance and went Big Room. He said things have to evolve and improve. And nearly all the djs that still play the same old Trance sound he played 10 years ago have disappeared into insignificance. And how he has still stayed amongst the top djs.

Why?? Because he experimented and moved with the times. To me there is nothing wrong with experimenting and trying new productions in Hardcore and moving with the times. Trance is gone, and it will never come back into scene dominance with that old sound. It's like saying lets go back to djs playing vinyl and no more downloading.
The new generation of ravers seem to love what Styles plays, stop being jaded and move on.

"big room is the sound of now"
for who? maybe things are different in the UK but here; nobody in the underground wants to hear big room or trap. ESPECIALLY at a hardcore show. good way to clear the dancefloor like a disease. capitalism and commericalization . thats what is going on. they see a large profit margin and are jumping on it. this is not evolution of sound its degredation. the new generation of people force fed trash enjoy what styles is doing please do not generalize . happy/uk/breakbeat hardcore is its own sound. it always has. hard trance sounds like hard trance. maybe your perception is the problem?

the phrase you are looking for to describe guetta and tiesto is "selling out" the futureworld crew are using the names they ascended to with uplifting hardcore to now force unrelated ******** on their loyal fans while mainstraim idiots propel them to more $$$ and they just still label the music the same. its embarissing and shows a total lack of respect. its like they have no idea why we were listening and supported hardcore so strongly in th first place . if somone tried something like this in the dnb or psytrance scene they would get laughed off stage. end of story. calyx & teebee ; andy c; these guys all play main stage and have NEVER had to change their sound to conform to the "mainstream" its a clear case of greed. thats it

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2014/07/27 :  18:52:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
[quote]Originally posted by rafferty:
if somone tried something like this in the dnb or psytrance scene they would get laughed off stage.

Oh dear, I just imagined big room sounding Drum 'n' Bass... That's the sign of the apocalypse. :P

My SOUNDCLOUD

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2014/07/27 :  18:58:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
for who? maybe things are different in the UK but here; nobody in the underground wants to hear big room or trap. ESPECIALLY at a hardcore show. good way to clear the dancefloor like a disease. capitalism and commericalization . thats what is going on. they see a large profit margin and are jumping on it. this is not evolution of sound its degredation. the new generation of people force fed trash enjoy what styles is doing please do not generalize . happy/uk/breakbeat hardcore is its own sound. it always has. hard trance sounds like hard trance. maybe your perception is the problem?

the phrase you are looking for to describe guetta and tiesto is "selling out" the futureworld crew are using the names they ascended to with uplifting hardcore to now force unrelated ******** on their loyal fans while mainstraim idiots propel them to more $$$ and they just still label the music the same. its embarissing and shows a total lack of respect. its like they have no idea why we were listening and supported hardcore so strongly in th first place .

Well said, sir.

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2014/07/27 :  19:05:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote

the phrase you are looking for to describe guetta and tiesto is "selling out" the futureworld crew are using the names they ascended to with uplifting hardcore to now force unrelated ******** on their loyal fans while mainstraim idiots propel them to more $$$ and they just still label the music the same. its embarissing and shows a total lack of respect. its like they have no idea why we were listening and supported hardcore so strongly in th first place . if somone tried something like this in the dnb or psytrance scene they would get laughed off stage. end of story. calyx & teebee ; andy c; these guys all play main stage and have NEVER had to change their sound to conform to the "mainstream" its a clear case of greed. thats it
[/quote]

I can not even count how many things are wrong with this post, who the **** in the 'underground' calls a hardcore rave a 'show'.But the main thing, 'andy c; these guys all play main stage and have NEVER had to change their sound to conform to the "mainstream" its a clear case of greed. thats it'
Your complete lack of knowledge here has actually pissed me off.Andy c never changed his sound to conform to the mainstresm?!?!?!?!?!?! you complete ****in idiot, that is EXACTLY what he did,99% of the time now he just plays full on commercial cheese because its whats popular with the kids/students. Listen to a set of his from the late 90's/ early 2000's and see what the difference is from the stuff he plays today. You absolute clown.

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2014/07/27 :  19:06:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
Your complete lack of knowledge here has actually pissed me off.Andy c never changed his sound to conform to the mainstresm?!?!?!?!?!?! you complete ****in idiot, that is EXACTLY what he did,99% of the time now he just plays full on commercial cheese because its whats popular with the kids/students. Listen to a set of his from the late 90's/ early 2000's and see what the difference is from the stuff he plays today. You absolute clown.

Jesus, chill out. No need for name calling and aggression.

My SOUNDCLOUD

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2014/07/27 :  19:16:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

I can not even count how many things are wrong with this post, who the **** in the 'underground' calls a hardcore rave a 'show'.But the main thing, 'andy c; these guys all play main stage and have NEVER had to change their sound to conform to the "mainstream" its a clear case of greed. thats it'

[/quote]

i guess people with different phrases of terms and dialect ? lol.....

but anyways ; it sounds more jungle than liquid/ neuro?

its drum & bass. i dont see how that is relevant to what i was saying at all.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2014/07/27 :  19:20:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

[/quote]

andy c is commerial cheese? u sure we listening to the same guy DUDE

u guna call calyx & teebee commerical cheese too lol?

The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2014/07/27 :  20:31:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage  Reply with quote
i love how people (including myself) get so pissed off over music :p

Rodz90
Average Member

United Kingdom
208 posts
Posted - 2014/07/27 :  20:52:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rodz90's homepage  Reply with quote
Psytrance gets changed all the time, look at the stuff Class A, Royal Flush, and Neelix are making that has those electro baselines coming in alongside the typical psy bass. It's just alot more well done compared to.... this

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
Posted - 2014/07/27 :  21:37:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rodz90:
Psytrance gets changed all the time, look at the stuff Class A, Royal Flush, and Neelix are making that has those electro baselines coming in alongside the typical psy bass. It's just alot more well done compared to.... this

i feel it on some things evolving. full on, goa, dark , tech, hi tech, etc but they are still psy trance. look up noise poison festival. 2 or 3 days of pure dark/hi tech psy djs. boom is a bit more diverse but clearly still psytrance. but once again i would stop and most psy fans would stop if it gets too far from the mark. what some of the hardcore dj's are doing...just in no way can be construed as hardcore music... its mainstream big room house.. i cant even call it dance music. its exactly everything ive done my best to stay extremely far way from. i think its great we get upset talking over music ;). its more than just a casual occurance; it largely defines myself and life. il be damned if i stay quite as money hungry ****s ruin one of my last avenues of Dissociation while apparently considering us too stupid to know better or care. these shows are not free i have to pay them to spit in my face? **** that...

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.88 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page