Total online 1607
 Radio listeners 183+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Makina to make main event raves in 2015?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Kebab Head
Advanced Member

Wallis And Futuna Islands
645 posts
Posted - 2014/08/01 :  10:20:19  Show profile Send a private message
quote:
Joey Riot
30 July
Back in the studio with Jaw D making some Makina style Hardcore!
#Bouncin

people will jump on the band wagon as happens soooo many times in hardcore...... which is good coz i like makina hehe

Alert moderator
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2014/08/01 :  10:35:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage
Joy Riot is just churning out all sorts of randomness with anyone that pays him at the minute, the fact hes working on 1 makina 'style' tune doesnt mean makina's going to be played in big raves next year.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2014/08/01 :  10:58:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
I'd not be against it. I don't dislike the idea of makina, and I often play tracks I do like in my mixes, but so much of it sounds so tacky and cheesy it's unbearable. Too many overused rap samples and god awful lead synths, weak kicks, and the key change near the end of the track... But when it's done right it's bloody ace.
I mentioned in another thread, I really like Gammer's track Notek - if there was more like this then I'd be happy!

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

HollowRipper
Average Member

United Kingdom
155 posts
HollowRipper has attended 12 events
Posted - 2014/08/01 :  11:02:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit HollowRipper's homepage
Hopefully!

Being from Middlesbrough it was basically my first taste of hardcore. Went to the Colloseum when i was 14 (31 now) and never looked back!

Never really understood why it hasn't spread out a bit more to be honest. It's just fun bouncy happy music, in theory it should appeal to a lot of ravers.

As far as i'm awar MC Offside and MC Rainah (who's from sunderland) have started the future of makina label/movement down in the south west, to go alongside the future of hardcore Offside runs now. That might go some way to getting it a bit better known.

I'd love to see some makina sets at raves personally, there was makina at fantasy island that apparently went down really well.

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2014/08/01 :  11:07:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
I'd not be against it. I don't dislike the idea of makina, and I often play tracks I do like in my mixes, but so much of it sounds so tacky and cheesy it's unbearable. Too many overused rap samples and god awful lead synths, weak kicks, and the key change near the end of the track... But when it's done right it's bloody ace.
I mentioned in another thread, I really like Gammer's track Notek - if there was more like this then I'd be happy!

This is why I don't like it, the standard Makina sounds are horrible and it's just too over the top cheesy. If it where more like this then I would probably listen to it: http://www.toolboxdigitalshop.com/hardcore/dont-cry-original-mix.html

Kebab Head
Advanced Member

Wallis And Futuna Islands
645 posts
Posted - 2014/08/01 :  12:20:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kebab Head's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
Joy Riot is just churning out all sorts of randomness with anyone that pays him at the minute, the fact hes working on 1 makina 'style' tune doesnt mean makina's going to be played in big raves next year.

ur right it doesnt but people will see Joey Riots name and jump on it and more will be churred out

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/08/01 :  13:51:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Brisk & Gammer - Tweets and Speakers

That's one makina track.

Mortis. can you say that with a straight face and still like Happy Hardcore? Get the f* out :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2014/08/01 13:53:38
Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/08/01 :  13:55:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
Not a chance we will see Makina in the main hardcore arenas. I think Joey Riot has made a makina style track with Jaw D before.

As mentioned, Gammer has dabbled with Makina before. Him and Dougal made a remix of The Rave Theme too.

God I love a bit of classic Makina though...

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/08/01 :  13:56:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2014/08/01 :  14:49:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Mortis. can you say that with a straight face and still like Happy Hardcore? Get the f* out :P

Yeah I can, I think Makina's a lot worse than happy hardcore.

Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,046 posts
Audio Warfare has attended 19 events
Posted - 2014/08/01 :  14:50:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
quote:

Yeah I can, I think Makina's a lot worse than happy hardcore.

There are exceptions on either side but as a general rule I'd agree. Do have a bit of Makina in my record collection though, there is some good stuff if you look for it.

Edited by - Audio Warfare on 2014/08/01 14:51:14
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/08/02 :  18:18:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
i would love for makina to take off. no idea why it is already not much more prevalent closest thing to hardcore in my eyes by a long mile... should definitely blow up would be even nicer amidst so much shit music. top notch producers still belting em out too.

https://soundcloud.com/m-project_suzumoto/overpowering-enemies-ruboy-rmx

undeground makina conenctionz 15 is awesome i loved every song. makina is the future

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2014/08/03 :  07:59:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
quote:

That's one makina track.

To me that's just older styled hardcore and notek is the same. What makes something classify as makina?

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2014/08/03 :  09:08:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
quote:

That's one makina track.

To me that's just older styled hardcore and notek is the same. What makes something classify as makina?

It has a certain sound to it, I'll struggle to explain it at this time of a Sunday. I guess its particular noises in there, it's slightly higher pitched (not necessarily higher tempo), just the way it progresses.. Yeah, I knew I'd have difficulty there.
I suppose it's like the differences UK hardcore and freeform, if you didn't know why they were different you might assume they were the same thing, especially if you're not into the music in the first place.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2014/08/03 :  13:46:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage
quote:
quote:

That's one makina track.

Its Spanish

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/08/03 :  16:32:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
quote:

That's one makina track.

If you only played the intro to someone who's into makina they would've tthought the same :P

Notek sounds more like The Rave Theme, which most of us do agree is basicly a makina track. I might not be a great fan of the older stuff, but I can't say I have really heard anything similar. Got any tracks you can post?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.83 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page