Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Recommendations
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Riggster
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 posts
Posted - 2014/09/17 :  14:22:39  Show profile Send a private message
I have been DJ-ing since the early 90's and have mixed all kinds of music although my favourite has always been early hardcore/jungle (92-94). I have recently moved to Northern England and they absolutely love the happy hardcore/UK hardcore sound up here.
Now I used to mix HHC when it first came about in 1995-6 but have only just reacquainted myself with it because of the demand for it up here.

I like alot of the current UK hardcore (I agree with the general dislike for this genre title as it is made in countries all over the world too) but I particularly like the tunes which use the more unusual sounds and samples as opposed to the sounds which get hammered all the time, for example:

Camzor - Great Odin's raven
Hyper - hypnotic robot
Danny J - Biggest threat
Sy & Technikore - Boom chicka wow wow (love this)
Black & white - Zomboid
Tyl3r - Atom

I was wondering if any of you, if you have the time and/or inclination, could offer some artist and label recommendations based on these examples? Also maybe the slightly darker & harder sounding tunes too (sorry for using the D word in a happy hardcore forum by the way).

Many thanks.

Alert moderator
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/09/17 :  16:27:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
No, this place stopped being only Happy Hardcor a long tiem ago :P

Sadly, based on your examples, I have no recommendations to give. Also first time hearing Great Odin's Raven, and that's the kind of UK Hardcore I hate the most (the utter lack of melody)

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2014/09/17 :  16:54:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
Where in the North are you? I'm in Cumbria...mostly seems to be scouse house/wigan pier nonsense around here..depressing.

skankineddie666

United States
98 posts
Posted - 2014/09/17 :  16:54:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skankineddie666's homepage
Artist to check out:

JTS (currently releasing amazing tracks)
JONNY EL & FASTRAXX
TECHNIKORE
AL STORM
PINNACLE (for that in your face bass sound)
Sc@r
Weaver

labels to check out:

Justice Hardcore
Australia With Force (they released their full catalog for free which has amazing tunes)
Relentless Hardcore
Scarred Digital
Executive Records

Riggster
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 posts
Posted - 2014/09/17 :  17:09:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Riggster's homepage
Thanks for the recommendations, I will check those out ( I have already downloaded the Australia with force back catalogue, some good stuff in there). @ Triquatra - I'm also in Cumbria but near the North Yorkshire border, however most of the gigs I have played at have been in the NE where they love HC/HHC, saying that, our local farmer is always playing hardcore in his tractor!

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/09/17 :  18:23:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
Migrate to Http://www.hardcoreunderground.co.uk, buy the Brisk album, them check out the rest. More high quality albums in the past 12 months than the past 5 years.

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2014/09/17 18:24:39
Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2014/09/18 :  08:57:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage
HURRY UP AND BUY THIS CD

Project Badass Vol.1 is the first Limited Edition compilation released via Project Badass

A new Freeform Hardcore provider releasing only the highest quality music, this first volume represents twinkly sparkly uplifting Freeform Hardcore

Project Badass Vol.1 includes 10 unmixed, DJ friendly tracks from the following artists:

Darwin, Transcend, A.B, jD- KiD, ?ternity, Andy Dee, Bad Corey, Evolutionize, Nick 235, Strife ll, Tornadoz and Cyrax

ORDER NOW for a bonus track download and an exclusive Cyrax Album mix

Free to UK , worldwide ?3.00 (inc postage + packaging)

OUT NOW

Limited amount of copies available so order fast

http://projectbadass.bigcartel.com/product/project-badass-volume-one

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.69 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page