Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 General discussion
 Metting fellow ravers
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
DanTheory
Starting Member

United Kingdom
16 posts
Posted - 2014/10/03 :  19:30:34  Show profile Send a private message  Visit DanTheory's homepage
So here's my issue.

Im a massive Hardcore fan. I have brought all the stuff from HU this year so far, and like alot of old school stuff (bonkors era) as well. Is by far my favorite genre of music at the moment.

I really want to go to some raves (ive never been!!), the HU event in Kettering for example is quite near to me. I just literally dont know anyone to go with or whos into hardcore around here. There must be people (I live just outside Northampton)

I wondered if anyone had some useful tips as to how to meet new people into the same sort of music? Places to go maybe where people hang out? Do people on here go to raves on there own? I have thought about it! How did people meet/get involved with who you go to raves with?

Ive been to some rock gigs before on my own and always got a wird vibe off people when ive tried to talk to them. Not sure if thats the same at hardcore raves or not.

I went to EDC in mk this year with a mate, but he hates hardcore and my other mate who does lives up in Lancaster at uni, so is never available to go with me.

Anyway thanks for reading, hopefully something comes of this. Im dying to go rave with someone!

Alert moderator
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,084 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/10/03 :  19:35:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Dude, I went on rave on a whim the very first time I went to one (I do not go to parties or clubs in general) when me and a 2 friends went to the UK (my first time being "very far" from home at that) :P

Don't do stuff that socially akward, or not to much of it. Ravers are nuts enough as it is :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Samination on 2014/10/03 19:36:26
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/10/03 :  20:06:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Dude, I went on rave on a whim the very first time I went to one (I do not go to parties or clubs in general) when me and a 2 friends went to the UK (my first time being "very far" from home at that) :P

Don't do stuff that socially akward,

lolwut

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/10/03 :  20:15:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Don't be afraid mate, just take the plunge!

I've been to loads of places by myself in the past and as a result have met loads of people who I class as good friends - most of them from this very forum!

I guarantee there will be people from here at the HU event - our very own Claxton is on the line up, so you're never as alone as you think :-)

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/10/03 :  23:21:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
So what you're saying is 'groooooom meeeeee'......I'm sure there's a few folk on here who will be happy to oblige.
*cough* Jay *cough*

DanTheory
Starting Member

United Kingdom
16 posts
Posted - 2014/10/04 :  05:15:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DanTheory's homepage
I might just take the plunge on my own tbh, the line up looks great! And its so near me..

Dont suppose it really matters when your there and lost in the music.

Just hope there is some time for conversation with people. Not much chance to get to know people in the middle of a set lol :P

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2014/10/04 :  08:10:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
We all usually try and meet up before the rave and have a nice chin wag and what not! I'm hoping to pop down from Cumbria provided we aren't moving house at the time!

have added you on facebook! =)

Edited by - Triquatra on 2014/10/04 08:15:15
Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/10/05 :  11:55:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
DO IT!!! GO!! It could potentially kick start a whole new life for yourself.

When I started out raving, I didn't have one friend who was into it so I had no option but to go alone.

I now know so many people through going to raves. Without fail, any rave I go to in the country I will bump into people I know.

Also, I've made some excellent friendships through hardcore and it all started because I decided to go raving alone.

I'll be at HU in Kettering and I'm sure others from this site will be. I'm sure we will have chance to have a chat if you decided to come along :)

p.s. If you ever get the chance to go to Stomp! in Leeds (event page: https://www.facebook.com/stompleeds), you will meet quite a few people from this site and also have an amazing night.

DanTheory
Starting Member

United Kingdom
16 posts
Posted - 2014/10/05 :  15:27:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DanTheory's homepage
Cheers for the adds via facebook guys! Im definitely considering going now! So just got see if I can get the time off work as im doing overtime at the moment :)

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.97 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page