Printer friendly
Page: 
of 13

Author Thread  
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2014/11/08 :  11:15:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
well soon as the royal mail said they will deliver it today, if they fail i'm gonna torch burlsem delivery centre!!!

btw any chance the freebie might contain toytown? someone mentioned during the discussion about the rights that maybe it could be given away although i may be totally off-base with that. If it were the case it would be a wonderfully ironic occurrence. I wouldn't be upset either way it's all good.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/11/08 :  12:00:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Nope, sorry

In fact it features something I know you really don't like, so forgive that bit yea?

CDJay

GrahamC
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
589 posts
Posted - 2014/11/08 :  12:34:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GrahamC's homepage  Reply with quote
Got my parcel of awesomeness

Thanks for the extra goody :)

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2014/11/08 :  14:31:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
Ok here we go! First off something that made me a little apprehensive if with the majority of the music and the premise being happy hardcore, it's a worry that some favorite tunes could be ruined with bland remixes but over the years many of the new updates can be really good and i find it just usually comes to about 50/50 hit and miss so this one is worthy of doing track by track so here goes.

Darwin & Donna - Groove control- Never a fan of the original to be honest. This one starts with a big kick and then changes to modern beat and bass which is disappointing. The track itself isn't bad, better than the original to be honest. 5/10
Come follow me (Storm & bananaman remix)- Had massive expectations for this one as the originals is one of my favorite tracks of all time and it was a banger! The remix is a bit more patter than banger to be honest. The percussion has been killed and the lead isn't much to write home about. Not the worst track ever made in its own right but when weighed against the original, it's tragic. 2/10
J.D.S. - Higher love (Fracus & Darwin electrified remix)- Crikey we are going back a while for the original for this one. Like groove control wasn't a massive fan of the original but Fracus & Darwin have done a good job of putting some energy into this one which is a big improvement. 6/10
Got to go (Chris fear & jenny -j remix)- Really fond memories of the original from the early bonkers days (also featured on many a dougal helter skelter tape) It's a hard one to gauge this one because i really like half of the track. I don't like the percussion at all. 5/10
Thoughts & Smiles - No original to speak of and the first time i heard this one was HU6 when the track had enough time to be one of the best on the album but not enough to have a good listen. It's good to have the full track but i think on HU6 it felt more energetic, either way it's a good tune. 7/10
Here i am (Fracus & Darwin remix)- Ok the original has been remixed a ridiculous number of times but more often than not comes out quality. I gotta say when it starts with the big kick i think awesome and then it changes to yawn more conventional beat and bass. It's one of those moments i'd like to beat the pair of them around the head with a bat it's so frustrating!!!!! Even more so is as the track progresses it's actually a really great track. Damn you Fracus & Darwin for teasing me with big kicks, taking them away but then making a really good tune the f*****s. 8/10
In the mix (darwin remix)- Ok really liked how stompy the original was and this one isn't. I know Darwin can use big kicks (i've heard it!) shame he hasn't here. Overall it's a bit bland to be honest but not bad. 6/10
Coldwater canyon- Some said there was an original but i don't know it well to be honest but the melody does sound familiar. This version sounds like early freeform maybe 97-99 i dunno but it's an interesting track 6/10
Cloudy Daze (storm & bananaman remix)- original is probably in my top 10 pre 2000 tracks and there's a couple of remixes i'm aware of. The one on the 2010 bang album is good, this one isn't. All the energy has been taken out of it and the percussion/bass is awful. 3/10
Magical rainbow- Definitely fits the happy moniker nice solo effort from darwin 7/10
Together forever (Bananaman & Gisbo remix)- I was expecting another tease when hard kick came in and expected it to disappear but i'm glad to say it stayed in (someone read the name of the album then hehe) The remix reminds me of one of the early ones maybe 98 i'm not sure without looking through itunes. I like it though 7/10.
Let go - 6/10
You Row - someone else read the label! Really like this one it has got everything from Sharkey, old skool percussion, lets of energy and pure happiness. 8/10
Stay with me (Darwin remix) - YAY big kicks and cheesey vocals!!! 8/10
All together - More of the above and that's what we like!! 7/10

Disk 2:-
Space Odyssey 2014 - Really good update that features the full track on Hardcore innovators 2. 7/10
Please be mine (Darwin remix) - I remember the original to this and i like the remix too. 7/10
Living the dream (Bananaman & Gisbo remix) - i remember the original being annoying for the vocal being repetitive. The remix isn't bad tho 6/10
A dream surprise (Bananaman & Gisbo remix) - The remix to this that featured on HU 2013 was one of the highlights of that album. This one isn't as good but it's listenable. 5/10
Reach out (Brisk 2013 remix) - Off brisks album simply brilliant 7/10
Deep sensation - The less said, the better 2/10
On my own (Darwin remix) - i've got this somewhere good track tho 7/10
Space invader (Scott brown remix) - ok featured on mind over matter but this seems to be a different yet similar remix. 7/10
Life we share (Bananaman & gisbo remix) - don't like this one. 4/10
Harmony (Darwin remix) - Never liked the original. Prefer this one a lot. it feels like a much more complete track. 7/10
Kickin hard (Scott brown remix) - Really liked the original and like the remix. 7/10
Get busier (Shimamura remix) - Too much breakbeat ruins this one for me. I would have been much better with just kicks. Potential wasted. 5/10
Have it all (Storm remix) - loved the original and as the mixed version starts with the vocal i'm worried how storm is going to ruin this one. It's not bad but the percussion is just wrong for this one he's done it again sorry. Still gets a good score because of the good vocal and running a bit like the original. 6/10
Keep on trying (Darwin remix) - Dowster & Vagabond did their own version of this last year which is much better than this. Darwins attempt isn't bad and is closer to a happy hardcore song though so it's not all bad. 6/10

Disk 3:-
Hardcore is my life - Ok not sure where i heard this before but the vocals are over the top and drown out the melody most of the time. 3/10
Popcorn (nu foundation remix) - heard this before and i'm not much of a fan. 4/10
Wicked Wednesday - not sure how this is happy hardcore and nothing to write home about. 4/10
Dancing in the rain (Darwin remix) - think this was on mind over matter. Great remix 7/10
Techno around the world (Fracus & Skratchy remix) - nice remix that i think is a fair bit better than the original. 6/10
Love, life & Happiness (Darwin remix) - didn't like the original or remix to be honest. It's good energy but doesn't do a lot for me. 5/10
Apollo 13 (Flakee remix) - Really liked the original and listening to this remix. It sounds very little like the original and more like middle of the road freeform to be honest. Poor attempt not worthy of the name 4/10
Under blue skies - Not Darwins best work and not his worst either. it may take some more listens on this one. 5/10
Wizzy (Darwin remix) - As this track comes out of the mix with the prior one it stands out. Well the original is brilliant and this remix is pretty good. Towards the end of an album you need a good track to really stand out. 7/10
Super sharp beatz (Chwhynny remix) - I think scott did a few tracks like this in the late 90's and i found they would blend into one another but i think Chwhynny has done a good job here. 6/10
Just Fly - Yay big kicks but not much else to be honest. 5/10

Well bloody hell it took around 2 hours do all that lot (wife not happy) which i know pales in comparison to actually putting the project together. Overall it's a good album and i'm gonna need more listens before i can rank it compared to its others as i like to review things on first listen. It's the only way it's fair in my eyes and i gotta say there is some serious quality and some fails. I don't think i can forgive Storm and Bananaman for the come follow me remix. Fracus & Darwin put some good quality in there and most of the stuff Bananaman did with gisbo is very good. The thing i'm most disappointed with is the sheer number of remixes that just go with plain normal beat and bass and not with big kicks because that's what happy hardcore should be. That's just my opinion but other folk will have theirs.

I think i'll go through it all again later when the kids are asleep. Good Job HU!

Brainchild
Average Member

United Kingdom
193 posts
Posted - 2014/11/08 :  14:54:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Brainchild's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:

Come follow me (Storm & bananaman remix)- Had massive expectations for this one as the originals is one of my favorite tracks of all time and it was a banger! The remix is a bit more patter than banger to be honest. The percussion has been killed and the lead isn't much to write home about. Not the worst track ever made in its own right but when weighed against the original, it's tragic. 2/10
Together forever (Bananaman & Gisbo remix)- I was expecting another tease when hard kick came in and expected it to disappear but i'm glad to say it stayed in (someone read the name of the album then hehe) The remix reminds me of one of the early ones maybe 98 i'm not sure without looking through itunes. I like it though 7/10.
Life we share (Bananaman & gisbo remix) - don't like this one. 4/10

I actually agree with you that Come Follow Me remix was a huge let down. When you listen to the original Stompy & Flyin mix, there is so much energy in that track and I feel the vocals were much better too. This remix just misses so much. It doesn't do it for me what so ever, and that is a huge disappointment.

With Together Forever, I personally don't think it is as good as the Evolve remix on Bonkers 3 (track 1 of Hixxy's mix from 97). The vocals seem too overpowering for me, which is odd because they are the ones used in the Evolve remix. I would give it a 5/10 personally.

I love the original Life We Share. It is an awesome track but this is just not good at all. I really am sad about this remix and hope that one day a much better remix will see the light of day. Same with the other two.

Other than that I really enjoy the album. So many amazing memories from the happy hardcore sound of the 90s.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/11/09 :  15:17:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
Do all orders come with the freebie??? I just placed my order Friday.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/11/09 :  15:38:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
When it comes to international orders, some will by default although weight brackets will play a role.

If you definitely want one, just message me your order number and I'll flag it. If it knocks the order up by ?2.40 (per 250g increment) I might hit you up for a donation

CDJay

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/11/09 :  16:19:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
When it comes to international orders, some will by default although weight brackets will play a role.

If you definitely want one, just message me your order number and I'll flag it. If it knocks the order up by ?2.40 (per 250g increment) I might hit you up for a donation

CDJay

Lol, I'm good. I know my shipping cost was 8.50 (british). So, if my copy is one of the default ones, cool, if not, it's still cool!

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/11/09 :  17:45:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

CDJay

You've taken plenty of my money last week, don't bother asking for more!

Besides, I'll be flying up to see you in Toronto next month so if anyone should be asking for donations here it should be me

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/11/09 :  17:51:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
You'll need to contact my sperm bank. I think she mixed this album?

CDJay

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/11/09 :  19:36:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
You'll need to contact my sperm bank. I think she mixed this album?

CDJay

cutest nickname ever!

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/11/09 :  19:41:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
There's always room for a second, hun.

CDJay

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2014/11/09 :  20:52:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage  Reply with quote
Sorry if it's in the thread, but why isn't there a full version of Please Be Mine there?? :(

My SOUNDCLOUD

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/11/10 :  08:27:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
We couldn't fit everything on the unmixed disc, some will pop up on DJ Tools etc.

CDJay

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/11/10 :  10:36:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Can see there being a lot of demand for some of the mixed tracks.

Got the email, hopefully be a nice package waiting for me when I get home :-)

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 13 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.89 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page