Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 When did it become so competitive.
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
dannothemanno89

United Kingdom
24 posts
Posted - 2014/10/29 :  19:11:11  Show profile Send a private message
Hi all, long time lurker but haven't registered until today. I'd like to discuss what other ravers think about all this attitude in hardcore.

When i first started raving you had hardcore heaven, slammin vinyl and htid, they were your main three events, everyone got on, it didn't matter where you went from one weekend to the next, it made no odds.

Then htid went for a bit of a burton, storm outed sy for being something that weren't ever proved and it all started to change, in my opinion for the worst.

Keyes and co popped up almost from nowhere getting in on every chance they've had and now this gtym brand seems to be taking over the whole scene and think they run hardcore, signing every artist they can and become some kind of powerhouse.

Not so long ago gtym was just a record label owned by Keyes with a hand full of artists, I'd say they've got too big far too quickly.

Having seen some artists basically saying gtym all the way **** htid, plus animosity from htids side too, I can't help feeling that all of this who's better than who shit is very unprofessional, ugly, and is going to do more harm than good, you already see ravers who have felt like they have had to take sides, they're shouldn't be sides, it isn't a war, it's about the love of music.

The only good thing i can take from this whole divide thing is the fact that DJ Sy is now back on the scene, good times, the mans a legend.

Alert moderator
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/10/29 :  19:46:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
I keep trying to impress upon people that working collectively is essential for the genre to recover and flourish. A good example of healthy competition would be us getting the best label award in 2012, and Lethal Theory really upping their game to deservedly claim in back in 2013. This was even better than it sounds as it was at least in part due to collaboration with various facets of industry.

We're doing some behind the scenes stuff atm that, yet again, puts our money where the words come from. My favourite saying at the moment is that you can't elevate without denigrate. In the rush to push the latest and greatest the risk is clear; a lot of good stuff is being pushed by the wayside to accommodate.

We'll see.

CDJay

Alert moderator Go to top of page
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2014/10/29 :  22:03:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage
den?i?grate
ˈdenəˌɡrāt/
verb
criticize unfairly; disparage.
"there is a tendency to denigrate the poor"

Don't really get what you mean with your new saying CDJay :)

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/10/29 :  22:19:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
I mean that to move something up, you need to displace something.

Elevate = push up
Denigrate = reduce in stature

It's very obviously applicable.

CDJay

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2014/10/29 :  22:29:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
I mean that to move something up, you need to displace something.

Elevate = push up
Denigrate = reduce in stature

It's very obviously applicable.

CDJay

I've looked up more definitions now and it does fit, damn you google :)

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2014/10/29 :  23:31:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
We used to have a guy on here who think that he ran Hardcore, now what was his name? From a British Commonwealth somewhere in the world...

On a series note though, I don't care who thinks runs the scene, I like my own Hardcore don't need people I never even heard of telling me what should be and what not

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/10/30 :  03:31:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Smoogie:
We used to have a guy on here who think that he ran Hardcore, now what was his name? From a British Commonwealth somewhere in the world...

On a series note though, I don't care who thinks runs the scene, I like my own Hardcore don't need people I never even heard of telling me what should be and what not

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.33 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page