Total online 1913
 Radio listeners 171+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 Moved: MAGIC CHORD: The Secret Files (CD)
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
danytek

Spain
119 posts
Posted - 2014/11/08 :  09:17:53  Show profile Send a private message
YES! Our album The Secret Files will be out next Monday. 13 tracks on 1 CD. Check it out guys, Magic Chord is back!
http://www.hardcoreunderground.co.uk/store/product/id/56

Tracklist:

01. Defekt & XIO Feat. Gemma Macleod - Dream World (Rhythmics Remix)
02. Autumn Nights - Remnants Of Adventure
03. Fracus & Darwin - Magic Chords
04. SPIT - Under My Skin
05. Ganar - Fcuk Me I'm Famous
06. Lady Dubbz - Let's Do It
07. Exhilaration Feat. MC Unity - My Kind Of Rave
08. Spirit Wolf - Forever With
09. Dave Castellano & DJ Fat Steve Feat. Linsey - Energy
10. Kman Feat. dAni - Love (Defekt Remix)
11. Hommarju & DJ Genki Feat. Yukacco - Finding You
12. XIO - Eva
13. Defekt & XIO Feat, Gemma Macleod - Dream World (Skeets & Ian K Remix)

You can check the sounds on: https://soundcloud.com/hardcoreunderground/sets/magic-chord-presents-the

Alert moderator

Edited by - danytek on 2014/11/08 09:19:11
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2014/11/08 :  09:21:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
ordered

Alert moderator Go to top of page
piumaki

Italy
446 posts
Posted - 2014/11/08 :  11:38:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit piumaki's homepage
Interesting! Will check previews later when I ll be back at home

Edited by - piumaki on 2014/11/08 11:39:47
danytek

Spain
119 posts
Posted - 2014/11/09 :  08:14:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit danytek's homepage
Defekt & XIO Feat. Gemma Macleod - Dream World(Skeets & Ian K Remix)

danytek

Spain
119 posts
Posted - 2014/11/10 :  18:26:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit danytek's homepage
All the clips now available!

Defekt & XIO Feat. Gemma Macleod - Dream World (Rhythmics Remix) [THE SECRET FILES]

Autumn Nights - Remnants of Adventure [THE SECRET FILES]

Fracus & Darwin - Magic Chords [THE SECRET FILES]

SPIT - Under My Skin [THE SECRET FILES]

Ganar - Fcuk Me I'm FAMOUS [THE SECRET FILES]

Lady Dubbz - Let's Do It [THE SECRET FILES]

Exhilaration Feat. MC Unity - My Kind Of Rave [THE SECRET FILES]

Spirit Wolf - Forever With [THE SECRET FILES]

Dave Castellano & DJ Fat Steve feat. Linsey - Energy [THE SECRET FILES]

Kman feat dAni- Love (Defekt remix) [THE SECRET FILES]

Hommarju & Dj Genki feat Yukacco - Finding you [THE SECRET FILES]

XIO - Eva [THE SECRET FILES]

Defekt & XIO Feat. Gemma Macleod - Dream World (Skeets & Ian K remix) [THE SECRET FILES]

Edited by - danytek on 2014/11/10 18:33:15
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/11/10 :  19:51:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Man. sometimes Ganar can make me listen to tracks I usually wouldn't want to touch with a stick. I was expecting a D&G remix but this 'crap' sounded much better :)

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2014/11/10 :  20:07:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage
Some seriously good tracks on there! Nice one, look forward to putting an order in at the end of the month along with the charity one too :)

Jacco
Average Member

Unknown
166 posts
Posted - 2014/11/12 :  06:18:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jacco's homepage
Sweet! I wish that Rhythmics remix was actually hardcore.

Jacco
Average Member

Unknown
166 posts
Posted - 2014/11/12 :  08:11:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jacco's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Man. sometimes Ganar can make me listen to tracks I usually wouldn't want to touch with a stick. I was expecting a D&G remix but this 'crap' sounded much better :)

Hahaha same here. Wouldn't usually touch it either but somehow it's catchy.

djchexmixer

United States
363 posts
djchexmixer has attended 1 event
Posted - 2014/11/12 :  18:44:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djchexmixer's homepage
Oh, man... wicked previews! +1 order

Really good stuff.

Happy Dance Fusion Vol. 2:
https://soundcloud.com/dj-cruelcore-neo/happy-dance-fusion-vol-2

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2014/11/13 :  16:24:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
1- Dreamworld (Rhythmics Remix)- Not sure whether this is Dnb or dubstep or what. One thing it is however is poor.
2- Remnants of adventure - Not sure about Adventure, seems more like toilet remnants.
3- Magic chords - is a good track and close to what i loved about magic chord.
4- Under my skin- is ruined by a horrible electro drop it doesn't recover from.
5- Fcuk me i'm famous - Trying to be futureworld much?
6- Lets do it - very bland
7- My kind of rave - Great potential ruined by that horrible MC sample (Everybody is rushin etc). It's too annoying to ignore and thus ruins the whole track.
8- Forever with - Much more like magic chord. Isn't brilliant but much better than the rest so far with a nice uplifting melody and the piano is great work.
9- Energy - Hard to be specific with what is what is wrong with this one. It has all the elements but i think the bass muffles the rest of the track and ruins it.
10- love - I really like the stuff Defekt did for you guys in 2013. A good track but i think the vocal needs to be stronger.
11- Finding you - One word, Cluttered not getting this one.
12- Eva - Again this one has the elements but lacks polish for me, it sounds cheap.
13- Dreamworld (Skeets & Ian K remix) - just no.

Ok guys i bought a lot of your stuff in 2013 perhaps even 2/3 of it and some i grew away from and some of it goes down as some of the best from that year. What i liked was the melodic and euphoric element brought forward when a lot of dubcore was being pushed. It was refreshing and i was a big fan. When you guys went away, i missed you guys and i'm happy about your return if you get back to the form you had last year but the dubby stuff on here, in fact a lot of it is far from what i liked about you guys. Three tracks are good and it's a sad state of affairs when it's a Fracus & Darwin track carrying the album but there ya go. Besides the three god ones, the first half of the album is horrendous and the second half is better but to be honest, as much as i'm glad your back, it kinda makes me wish you hadn't.

jordesuvi

United Kingdom
143 posts
jordesuvi has attended 4 events
Posted - 2014/11/15 :  00:41:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jordesuvi's homepage
With all due respect Vladel, you've given the album a horrible review, like you stumbled haphazardly through each track.

I for one, think that for a hardcore album this is fantastic. Albeit a few tracks aren't to my personal taste, I can still overlook them considering that ones I do enjoy are, with no exaggeration, amazing.

Edited by - jordesuvi on 2014/11/15 00:46:09
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/11/15 :  18:25:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
stoked to see this! tha dennis murray magic chord mix was legendary :)

dig most of these tracks except for that Ganar one. wtf xp. and the original dream world shits on both these remixes

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2014/11/29 :  21:07:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage
Never even heard of magic chord before! what is it, a label?

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/11/29 :  22:08:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
I didn't like many of the clips. The Kman track stood out as one of the best (albeit the vocals), and the riff on Forever With was pretty special. The Fracus & Darwin track was nice. Finding you by Hommaju and Genki was very good. Genki is one of my favourite producers at the moment. Otherwise, most of the tracks are let down by poor production, poor singing or general lack of imagination.

I don't really get what Ganar is all about, really. I'm not really sure how a producer can engage with an artform, by emulating another producer. Is it intentional, or is it a general lack of imagination? The track here has the name of an old D&G track and effectively copies the style of Gammer - Burn. There's no doubt that he knows a workstation like a professional, and all his tracks sound very good, but he doesn't display much creativity. A bit like Asylum Film Studios with their mockbusters - maybe that's what he's going for?

I think one of the issues with an album like this is the gulf in production between some producers. When you have people like Fracus & Darwin on an album, you can hear who the lesser producers are in regard to skill. My music, similarly, would sound dreadful next to theirs, and that's why I think this album is flawed. The quality bumps up and down from track-to-track like nobody's business. I guess it can't be helped though, and I mean no disrespect to any producers. Everyone's at their own level, and individually their tracks can be very good. Combined with music that sounds totally different on the same CD, you have a Frankenstein of an album.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.7 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page